1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Yes, you're right. But what's a town but a bigger village?

2. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Chieftain

I'm not getting 2 delegates and it's not elsewhere for sure. I have a screenshot if you need confirmation. I'm getting 1 from it but not the other one. If it's either Holy Sites or Landmarks and not both, then this is stupidly weak as a Reformation.

20181123173001_1.jpg

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I wonder if it's bugged that the DLL thinks it's 2 holy sites and 2 landmarks instead of 2 either or.. you should report it nonetheless.

4. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Chieftain

I just checked and it's already reported. Just don't know when it will be resolved.

Apparently, it takes the higher of the two. If I have 2 holy sites and 4 landmarks, I will only get 2 delegates.

5. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Chieftain

Does anyone know what happens if I'm building or have 3 Archaeologists and complete the Louvre? Do I get those 2 free ones?

6. Enginseer

u should since the cap is supposed to prohibit the training of them not the whenever or not they can live.

7. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

I think I may have messed up my religion plans but wanted to check here to see if someone knew a way around my situation:

I founded a religion but then decided I should just take India's instead as he'd already converted most of the continent including most of my cities. I took his holy city BUT neither of us had enhanced our religions at this point. ALL of my cities are Hindu and I own Hindu's holy city but the game is still considering my religion to be my originally founded religion of Tengriism. I can't buy inquisitors in any Hindu cities to remove Tengriism officially (Hinduism never enhanced) and trying to salvage my own religion at this point is a lost cause since the Hindu pressure is pretty high.

I then allowed my faith to generate a great prophet, hoping it would be Hindu and I could finally enhance but nope- it's a Tengriism prophet. Is there no way for me to officially adopt the much stronger Hinduism?

8. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

Founding trumps all. If you have founded, that's your official religion forever.

vyyt and Grabbl like this.
  9. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

If I trade enough of my monopoly resources, will I actually lose my monopoly bonus?

10. Enginseer

no

11. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

Not unless you trade them all to William....

12. obsidian_tower

obsidian_tower Chieftain

What are the beginning yields and terrain bonuses for new cities? Is there still an advantage to settling next to a river or on a hill as opposed to flat nonriver tiles?

13. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

+1 food for fresh water. If no fresh water, +1 production if on hill. If neither fresh water nor hill, +1 gold. The buildings locked for fresh water are also quite relevant. Baths are a very strong building and watermills are quite a lot better than wells.

vyyt and pza like this.
  14. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

If Byzantium chooses multiple follower/pantheon beliefs, will I receive all those benefits if I choose to adopt her religion? I assume I only get the bonus of her original pantheon?

15. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

I can't build villages next to each other, but towns can be place anywhere. Tripped me up a bit before.

tu_79 likes this.
  16. neo_arcadia

neo_arcadia Chieftain

This is more about history than the game itself. It's about Austrian Empire.
    1. Why are they called 'Austria'?
    2. What's the difference between Austria and Holy Roman Empire?
    3. Why in the game they uses Austria, not Holy Roman Empire?

Sorry if it's unrelated to anything. Suddenly just popped out from my head.

17. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

Austria is what English speakers called Österreich. It's a name and is somewhat arbitrary as all names are.

Austria and the HRE are not the same. The HRE was a collection of relatively independent, small, and what we now consider Germanic states, which included Austria. The states pledged allegiance to an emperor which was chosen by delegates from these states. Austria was one of many, but grew to dominate HRE and European politics through their diplomatic skill and marriages, producing many HRE emperors. These marriages is partly why the major European houses are all related now. This decentralization produced a lot of problems though, such as the inability to create a strong central government. Taxation was particularly difficult and the HRE had difficulty raising money to contest other great powers, especially towards the end of its life. Following the disastrous defeat at the Battle of Austerlitz by Napoleon, the HRE was dissolved. In the subsequent power struggle between Prussia and Austria, the two leading Germanic states at the time, Austria was cast out while Prussia formed the center for a new united Germany (Bismarck was Prussian and helped formed the new German Empire around it). Austria remained a significant imperial power until its defeat at the end of World War I. By that time, it was a shadow of its former influence and power, left behind by the tides of the Industrial Revolution and Nationalism.

Austria existed both before, during, and after the HRE. As mentioned before, the HRE was a loose confederation and lacked the same identity as the House of Habsburg that owned Austria. The design choice is correct given the chosen Uniques. A HRE civ would be something like Germany from civ 6, with its emphasis on subjugating city-states and references to free imperial cities.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    andersw and vyyt like this.
  18. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

Quick question regarding Byzantines bonus belief. What if I choose a second founder belief as a bonus belief. Will my holy sites have both bonuses?

19. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

No you cant. The bonus comes from the wonder and you can have only 1. You still have the bonus yield from it thou.

20. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Why was the Reformation threshold brought up to 20% again this version (or was it November 9...)?