Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Other than capturing a holy city and sending in the INQ Boys, is there anyway to complete dominate another civ religiously even though they have their own religion?

Other than capturing a holy city and sending in the INQ Boys, is there anyway to complete dominate another civ religiously even though they have their own religion?
You could try with Great Prophets and Missionaries but getting and neutering the Holy City is much easier on your faith. Also, while you'll get a negative diplo modifier for capping their Holy City, you will also get negative diplo modifiers if you gank them with GP and Missionaries, so there's really not much, if any, advantage to it AFAIK. You would also likely have to get multiple GP and then hope that the couple of turns that it takes you to convert their cities is quick enough so they don't get their own Inquisitors and reverse/block your progress in the meantime.

you will also get negative diplo modifiers if you gank them with GP and Missionaries
I had -300 diplo modifier from sending a dozen missionaries to some of England's cities, that's worse than almost annihilating England itself, so to answer Don capturing Holy City is the best to eliminate competition (and goddam is the AI competitive if they have a religion)

Well, at least the mod for capturing a holy city and capital don't stack if they're the same thing. Just wish there was a way to eliminate their religion by overpowering it with my own instead of them just being able to spam inqs. What if I capture it, remove their religion with an inq and then just hand it back to them? That removes the holy city status on it, right?

Well, at least the mod for capturing a holy city and capital don't stack if they're the same thing. Just wish there was a way to eliminate their religion by overpowering it with my own instead of them just being able to spam inqs. What if I capture it, remove their religion with an inq and then just hand it back to them? That removes the holy city status on it, right?
Yes you can overpower them and eliminate their religions.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/convert-them-all-a-byzantium-photojournal.638437/

Something I have never really understood. Why is it that sometimes when I'm attacking with an aircraft, after sweeping for all interceptors, does my plane go from full health to dead on the attack?

The unit has no special air defense, I'm not attacking a city or directly attacking an AA unit, I don't understand where this special extra damage comes from, as its not all the time.

How does the defense process work, exactly? I am not noticing any additional defense from it and while I haven't checked if the described extra heal actually occurs, 10% of current production ain't that much to be honest. Is this process supposed to increase city strength visibly?

How does the defense process work, exactly? I am not noticing any additional defense from it and while I haven't checked if the described extra heal actually occurs, 10% of current production ain't that much to be honest. Is this process supposed to increase city strength visibly?

I think it takes a turn for it to go active and actually start working to prevent exploit or something.

Austria is what English speakers called Österreich. It's a name and is somewhat arbitrary as all names are.

Austria and the HRE are not the same. The HRE was a collection of relatively independent, small, and what we now consider Germanic states, which included Austria. The states pledged allegiance to an emperor which was chosen by delegates from these states. Austria was one of many, but grew to dominate HRE and European politics through their diplomatic skill and marriages, producing many HRE emperors. These marriages is partly why the major European houses are all related now. This decentralization produced a lot of problems though, such as the inability to create a strong central government. Taxation was particularly difficult and the HRE had difficulty raising money to contest other great powers, especially towards the end of its life. Following the disastrous defeat at the Battle of Austerlitz by Napoleon, the HRE was dissolved. In the subsequent power struggle between Prussia and Austria, the two leading Germanic states at the time, Austria was cast out while Prussia formed the center for a new united Germany (Bismarck was Prussian and helped formed the new German Empire around it). Austria remained a significant imperial power until its defeat at the end of World War I. By that time, it was a shadow of its former influence and power, left behind by the tides of the Industrial Revolution and Nationalism.

Austria existed both before, during, and after the HRE. As mentioned before, the HRE was a loose confederation and lacked the same identity as the House of Habsburg that owned Austria. The design choice is correct given the chosen Uniques. A HRE civ would be something like Germany from civ 6, with its emphasis on subjugating city-states and references to free imperial cities.
Austria also was know at one time by the name of Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Sorry for spam, but I'd like to repeat my question:

Is it possible to play the Civ 5 scenarios with Vox Populi? I cannot seem to load them (with a modpack).

I think it takes a turn for it to go active and actually start working to prevent exploit or something.
I'm not noticing any city strength increase even after several turns; in fact, the city strength is actually decreasing with time even though the HP remains stable and the unit that is fortified there is the same...I guess it's a bug?

You can go food, just don't work too much food with your workers. And you should increase your culture priority.
Thanks, tu_79. I understand you normally put your workers onto production instead of food tiles?

Also, are you suggesting building culture before science or production buildings?

A huge issue I have with AI is that they are always able to outgrow me by having 50-70% more citizens than I in their natural cities, even at King difficulty. That is, considering that I have captured another civilization worth of cities. Is it because of AI buffs, or just me being bad at development? :D

I'm not noticing any city strength increase even after several turns; in fact, the city strength is actually decreasing with time even though the HP remains stable and the unit that is fortified there is the same...I guess it's a bug?
Do you have a garrison garrisoned in there?

Do you have a garrison garrisoned in there?
Yes, I switched in another unit with about 10HP and let it heal. While it was healing the entire time the Defense process was active (for about 10 turns) and the city strength went from 53 down to 52, then 51 and then back up to 53 without building anything or doing anything in that city except shooting every turn, letting the unit heal and getting attacked every turn. I can confirm that the extra healing works but I don't see how it increases city strength. In another city I tried out the Defense process and it didn't give me any extra defense either, even after letting it "process" for one turn.

Thanks, tu_79. I understand you normally put your workers onto production instead of food tiles?

Also, are you suggesting building culture before science or production buildings?

A huge issue I have with AI is that they are always able to outgrow me by having 50-70% more citizens than I in their natural cities, even at King difficulty. That is, considering that I have captured another civilization worth of cities. Is it because of AI buffs, or just me being bad at development? :D
I focus on growth only when I have good places to work. But having more food is good if it means that you can have people working other stuff. I mean, if you find yourself working on a 6 food tile, you don't need to use much more citizens for providing food to your city.
If you are outgrow in king, probably you can still improve your gameplay.

As for culture, yes, I mean getting some culture building even before production, especially when next policy is much better than a bunch of extra hammers. However, you should notice when you are behind due to lack of culture, lack of science or lack of infrastructure, and make adjustments on the go.

Top Bottom