1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Is it intended that after Decolonization the civ with the most (and more than 60) influence with a decolonized CS doesn't become it's Ally automatically?

Edit: the new alliances were forged automatically after all, just on the next turn...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. besset

besset Warlord

how do i report crashes? In github right but where do i find the crash log

3. bragaul

bragaul Chieftain

I can't seem to build Apollo Program as Venice. It's grayed out as if I don't meet the requirements (ex. not enough national citizens) but nothing is showing up.

Other civs have built it and sci victory is enabled.

Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

Edit: None of the space ship parts are appearing either but I figure that's b/c the Apollo Program isn't build yet.

Edit 2: It looks as if one of my puppeted city states started building it and I can't cancel it. I tried investing into another building and moved that first but that won't work either. I bought a Great Engineer with faith to rush it but I guess I can't rush buildings in puppeted cities :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Everybody in the medieval Era, but Poland has a spy?
    Any idea how is this possible?

earlyspy.jpg

5. Minh Le

Minh Le King

Its from statecraft policy.

Gokudo01 and StevenV like this.
  6. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Oh, indeed I forget that. Thanks.

7. infidel88

infidel88 Prince

Is there any mod or anything that clusters border growth and city growth notifications. And all notifications if possible? I just want to see per city growths, not different notifications for lebensraum, wonders, policies, buildings etc.

saamohod and CppMaster like this.
  8. airbse

airbse Chieftain

Hi, playing as Germany currently and the bonuses from CS alliances don't seem to scale with era. This should still be the case, right? I remember Germany was changed recently, so I am unsure.

(12-18 version, epic speeed, CS ally only gives 2 culture, 2 science, 2 Golden Age points in Berlin in Medieval era)

9. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

There is a minidump file in your game folder. (Not in the log folder), it should be at the root of one of the two game folder of Civ 5 (either the steam Civ5 folder, either the other one)

To put it on GitHub, you need to put it in a .zip (or any other compressed file)

vyyt likes this.
  10. Basilius

Basilius Chieftain

In-game, 1 citizen = how many people on the demographic screen? I imagine it's exponential.

11. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

What am I supposed to do with faith if I didn't found and no one has spread their religion to me? Just wait until industrial? Do I even get the ability to create great people with faith if I don't have a religion in Industrial?

If I did not found, but I have a religion, can I create Great Prophets?

12. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Well, if even one of your cities has been converted to a new religion, you can spend your faith to convert yourself entirely. Or you can conquer a city with a religion (doesn't have to be a holy city) and proceed to spread to yourself that way.

I know you can't purchase Monasteries in cities without Religion, I assume Great People work the same way.

13. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Are submarines supposed to be able to get the Dreadnought promotion line with Blockade at the end?
    Subs aren't exactly the type of unit one would use for attacking cities (in real life neither, except maybe with onboard missiles from afar) and the Promotion Tree mod isn't picking up that promo line for subs.

14. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

If there are 8 resources on a map, does connecting 4 of them count as a monopoly? Does the 5th resource have to be in your territory?

15. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

You need the 5th.

16. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

Gazebo & friends,
    What handicap should I set in the game, to get a standard VP experience for my big brawl ? The one that has the most loving and caring balance adjustments for pacing and barbarian difficulty?

(Note, if the answer is less than difficulty 5, I'm going to have a crisis)

17. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

The standard experience is in Emperor, with current handicaps. However, you can tweak difficulty to your likings. In the difficulty file you'll find starting units, cost reductions, and more importantly, parametric handicaps. Modify them to obtain a change in early, mid and late game.

18. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Is it intentional that one can't see the kind of aircraft stationed in enemy cities anymore? It used to be that one could click on them, but now that they're displayed above the city for own cities (which is awesome) it's impossible to know what air units currently are in enemy cities, since they're not displayed above those (I also have a feeling that this probably only affects EUI users, no?).

saamohod likes this.
  19. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

When did you notice the change? In 11-21-3, I could see the enemy air force if I targeted a city with a plane if my own.

20. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Ah never mind, I just noticed that the city tool tip shows the units stationed there; it used to be that the air unit counter above the city would show the units, though, but since they're still in the tool tip it's fine.