1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vyyt

vyyt Deity

@SpankmyMetroid , what exactly were these mods supposed to do? Could it be these?

VP promo icons:
    https/forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vp-promo-icons.633731/
    - it recolorises the promo icons and adds new ones, so there are no triangles

Promotion flags for EUI (not the old Flag Promotions !!!)
    - the link is in the VP mod compatibility thread
    - it displays the promotions above the units and is compatible with VP promo icons

2. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

Yes, that's probably them. Are they on the workshop?

3. vyyt

vyyt Deity

No idea, but you can download them at the links I posted :)

4. andersw

andersw Emperor

From what I've read it depends on start, settings and civ then there is a random factor that can change the "optimal" choice if you play below diety.
    You have probably seen some patterns, like shaka more often going authority, while pacal usually goes progress.
    I have no idea how heavy their weight is in certain directions.

5. Basilius

Basilius Chieftain

Is it possible to create on online Civilopedia for Vox Populi, much like this person did for vanilla?

http://www.dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/

Could anyone point me in the right direction for getting this started?

6. Huy1996

Huy1996 Chieftain

Why ai always making puppets of a conquered cities and is there is a way to change it? I checked core changes folder and found nothing about this. Thing is ai have enough happiness to annex cities easily (they always have 100% in demography) but instead they sitting with one capital city and pack of useless puppets.

7. andersw

andersw Emperor

There is one (http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Civ5_CBP_Wikia) but it's got a lot of red links, its also debate-able what version it should have, ie stable ones, gold release or every patch.

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Here you go:

http://www.spisek.cz/temp/stug.zip

Sorry, I did not have a chance to test it, but it should work (it is just the part which adds the self-propelled gun unit between the light tank and the helicopter). (Please note I did not create the unit model)

... ok, now I can eliminate you :)

9. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

crossHandSand256.png
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vp-promo-icons.633731/

10. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Thanks! I don't have time to test it right now but probably this weekend I'll try it out, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Also, I managed to build Red Fort and a Military Base in my house while you were putting the mod together so good luck with the elimination :mwaha::ar15:

tu_79 and vyyt like this.
  11. bragaul

bragaul Chieftain

Is there a way to help direct border growth or does this require an additional mod?

I ask because I'm playing as Pachacuti surrounded by mountains giving 4 food and 4 science but the border expands into unresourced water tiles.

Thanks

12. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

There is a mod for that but it's incompatible with VP. You could try buying the tile with Gold but that only works if it's inside the city's working radius and is next to your already existing border.

13. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Has anybody tried to increase the min distance in between cites? I would really love to play on huge maps but my laptop wouldn't handle those many-many units and actions.
    I hope if I would decrease the number of cities with this setting, there would be also less unit, which would mean less processing time in between turns :undecide:

Thanks.

14. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Probably could work. There's a variable in cbo that sets the minimum distance. Only works within the same land mass. There's a post somewhere in the forum explaining where you can find it. Try searching for it.

StevenV likes this.
  15. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

You mean you can settle very close to another city across water?

16. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

Yes. (you can't settle bordering an other player's land, however, as usual). And to be clear, it only works on really distinct landmasses, not across bays of one continent or similar.

vyyt likes this.
  17. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Is there a reason why, for CS quests, :c5science: and :c5culture: sees how much you get over the period the quest lasts while :tourism: isn't an accumulated amount? Couldn't we just add the :tourism: produced by a civ like what we do with :c5culture: and compare that?

18. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

no cuz tourism is a different yield. it's added to a civ from a civ's total(and reduced depending on the modifier). To iterate all of the civ's tourism from one civ is performance-demanding for one quest. Not to mention Tourism is added much differently to how a regular yield does as well.

19. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Well, currently the quest does get a number for :tourism:, doesn't it? Couldn't we just add that number for the duration of the entire quest then? At the moment, it just seems like, if you get the highest value at the very last turn despite lagging for all the turns before it, you complete that quest.

CppMaster likes this.
  20. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Blame people who argued that cultural leaders were basically insta-winning this quest easily. Whereas science leaders can lose if a great scientist was bulbed for other civs or great writers for the culture reward.

amateurgamer88 likes this.