Quick Questions / Quick Answers

@SpankmyMetroid , what exactly were these mods supposed to do? Could it be these?

VP promo icons:
https/forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vp-promo-icons.633731/
- it recolorises the promo icons and adds new ones, so there are no triangles

Promotion flags for EUI (not the old Flag Promotions !!!)
- the link is in the VP mod compatibility thread
- it displays the promotions above the units and is compatible with VP promo icons

Yes, that's probably them. Are they on the workshop?

Hi Fanatics,

How the AI picks it's first social policy branch? (Tradition/Progress/Authority) Randomly? Or the leader personality influences it?

From what I've read it depends on start, settings and civ then there is a random factor that can change the "optimal" choice if you play below diety.
You have probably seen some patterns, like shaka more often going authority, while pacal usually goes progress.
I have no idea how heavy their weight is in certain directions.

Why ai always making puppets of a conquered cities and is there is a way to change it? I checked core changes folder and found nothing about this. Thing is ai have enough happiness to annex cities easily (they always have 100% in demography) but instead they sitting with one capital city and pack of useless puppets.

That would be awesome...but do it before you eliminate me, please :lol:

Yes, please, I'd definitely want to check it out!

Here you go:

http://www.spisek.cz/temp/stug.zip

Sorry, I did not have a chance to test it, but it should work (it is just the part which adds the self-propelled gun unit between the light tank and the helicopter). (Please note I did not create the unit model)

... ok, now I can eliminate you :)

I'm looking for a post on this forum that I forgot to save that talked about four ingame mods they used, the one in particular I was interested in was differentiating or detailing promotions (because having three yellow triangles on an enemy unit isn't too useful). Does anyone know the post I'm talking about (since I vaguely remember being interested in checking out the other ones they mentioned) or know about that mod in particular? I can't find an obvious one on the workshop that's VP compatible.

Edit: I remember improved city view being one of the other mods they mentioned.
crossHandSand256.png

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vp-promo-icons.633731/

Here you go:

http://www.spisek.cz/temp/stug.zip

Sorry, I did not have a chance to test it, but it should work (it is just the part which adds the self-propelled gun unit between the light tank and the helicopter). (Please note I did not create the unit model)

... ok, now I can eliminate you :)
Thanks! I don't have time to test it right now but probably this weekend I'll try it out, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Also, I managed to build Red Fort and a Military Base in my house while you were putting the mod together so good luck with the elimination :mwaha::ar15:

Is there a way to help direct border growth or does this require an additional mod?

I ask because I'm playing as Pachacuti surrounded by mountains giving 4 food and 4 science but the border expands into unresourced water tiles.

Thanks

Is there a way to help direct border growth or does this require an additional mod?

I ask because I'm playing as Pachacuti surrounded by mountains giving 4 food and 4 science but the border expands into unresourced water tiles.

Thanks
There is a mod for that but it's incompatible with VP. You could try buying the tile with Gold but that only works if it's inside the city's working radius and is next to your already existing border.

Has anybody tried to increase the min distance in between cites? I would really love to play on huge maps but my laptop wouldn't handle those many-many units and actions.
I hope if I would decrease the number of cities with this setting, there would be also less unit, which would mean less processing time in between turns :undecide:

Thanks.

Has anybody tried to increase the min distance in between cites? I would really love to play on huge maps but my laptop wouldn't handle those many-many units and actions.
I hope if I would decrease the number of cities with this setting, there would be also less unit, which would mean less processing time in between turns :undecide:

Thanks.
Probably could work. There's a variable in cbo that sets the minimum distance. Only works within the same land mass. There's a post somewhere in the forum explaining where you can find it. Try searching for it.

Probably could work. There's a variable in cbo that sets the minimum distance. Only works within the same land mass. There's a post somewhere in the forum explaining where you can find it. Try searching for it.
You mean you can settle very close to another city across water?

You mean you can settle very close to another city across water?

Yes. (you can't settle bordering an other player's land, however, as usual). And to be clear, it only works on really distinct landmasses, not across bays of one continent or similar.

Is there a reason why, for CS quests, :c5science: and :c5culture: sees how much you get over the period the quest lasts while :tourism: isn't an accumulated amount? Couldn't we just add the :tourism: produced by a civ like what we do with :c5culture: and compare that?

Is there a reason why, for CS quests, :c5science: and :c5culture: sees how much you get over the period the quest lasts while :tourism: isn't an accumulated amount? Couldn't we just add the :tourism: produced by a civ like what we do with :c5culture: and compare that?
no cuz tourism is a different yield. it's added to a civ from a civ's total(and reduced depending on the modifier). To iterate all of the civ's tourism from one civ is performance-demanding for one quest. Not to mention Tourism is added much differently to how a regular yield does as well.

no cuz tourism is a different yield. it's added to a civ from a civ's total(and reduced depending on the modifier). To iterate all of the civ's tourism from one civ is performance-demanding.

Well, currently the quest does get a number for :tourism:, doesn't it? Couldn't we just add that number for the duration of the entire quest then? At the moment, it just seems like, if you get the highest value at the very last turn despite lagging for all the turns before it, you complete that quest.

Well, currently the quest does get a number for :tourism:, doesn't it? Couldn't we just add that number for the duration of the entire quest then? At the moment, it just seems like, if you get the highest value at the very last turn despite lagging for all the turns before it, you complete that quest.
Blame people who argued that cultural leaders were basically insta-winning this quest easily. Whereas science leaders can lose if a great scientist was bulbed for other civs or great writers for the culture reward.

Thanks for the info. I did find where is it stored, but it seems it is in the original installation not in the mod. However I need to be careful because it is located different folders. It is called MIN_CITY_RANGE

- c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml

Top Bottom