1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

They do. In a city with 5 defense, they raise it to 8.

vyyt likes this.
  2. matlajs

matlajs King

Is this normal, that barbarian unit appear out of nowhere? of course he pillages caravan of the way....

3. matlajs

matlajs King

20190312172716_1.jpg sorry for spam

4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Can you check if the axeman has the hills promotion?

5. matlajs

matlajs King

i am not in game now, but on king diff. he shouldn't have. and to adition, i never saw this icon on barbarian unit except freshly respawned.

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Barbarians get promotions depending on where they spawn. I don't think it is difficulty related.

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Did a different Barbie pillage a trade route (not necessarily your own)? When Barbies pillage trade routes, they spawn new Barbies.

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Aha! I remember stationing GGs in several different cities and the city strength did not change in my recent game. Maybe the cities were so strong that the CS change was negligible. Good to know it still works.

9. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I'm not sure, but I think that if the city already has a garrison, then it does nothing.

10. Vezer

Vezer Chieftain

Help! My unhappiness has spiraled out of control (+ve to -50 after entering a new era), and increasing luxury resources does absolutely nothing! I've since learned that population = bad, but I fear my current game is doomed. Any help would be appreciated.

11. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Can you sell or raze some cities? This will lower your empire size penalties, which are excessively high in this release. Then, try to get some vassals instead of gaining more cities.

12. Vezer

Vezer Chieftain

One of my cities rebelled and went free-state. My unhappiness went from -68 to -16. Problem solved, I guess?

Thanks for the reply.

tu_79 likes this.
  13. matlajs

matlajs King

That is probably a thing. I don't remember, that they have spawned another unit last version i played. Whatever, thanks for info.

vyyt likes this.
  14. black213

black213 Emperor

Are Endowment for the Arts/World Science Initiative's great person +% also linked to your score? Endowment is active in my current game but I am not receiving any additional GP points, but am receiving -29% less GS/GE/GM points.

15. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Linked to your Food/Science and Culture/Production output respectively. If more than median, penalty. If less than median, bonus.

black213 likes this.
  16. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Is it better to use the first great diplomat for embassy or for a long term ally? If the influence is better, does it change if you are planning on going for statecraft? Embassy giving no benefit for an entire era seems questionable to me but maybe I am doing it wrong. AI seems to use the first one on embassies more often than not.

17. Bhawb

Bhawb Prince

Embassy 99.9% of the time. Maybe there will be situations where immediately getting an ally/decreasing enemy influence is somehow really important, but the votes are going to be better the overwhelming majority of the time.

I'd pretty much always suggest grabbing embassies until there aren't any possible targets left. It not only gives you permanent votes but robs the enemy of a vote as well.

vyyt likes this.
  18. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I always go embassy until there are no un-embassied city states left. The influecin from GD is not that big IMO anyway.

19. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Do granary and aqueduct stack?

20. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Agreed, embassies most of the time.

There are some corner cases, Siam I’ll consider it, if the cs is strategically placed for a war, but those are the exceptions.