1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

You misunderstood. The keyword here is "AFTER you have already started the game" ...

tu_79 likes this.
  2. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Oh! So this saves your current game.

vyyt likes this.
  3. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

Yup ;-)

4. psparky

psparky Chieftain

CrazyG and vyyt like this.
  5. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

Is winning a Domination victory difficulty on higher difficulties in Vox Populi? I'm coming from Civ VI where it's easy to win a Domination victory, even on Deity.

6. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

Its still the easiest Victory Condition in VP IMO. Because there are civs/policies built for conquer others and they are really powerful.
    Also by conquering you become stronger while your competitors become weaker. So as a warmonger one or two successful or fail wars could decide your game a win or lose. Its snowball effect.

vyyt likes this.
  7. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

Is it good to sell first luxuries for gold super early in the game even when you don’t have two of them?

8. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I usually sell my first luxury

9. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

Normally you start near a monopoly luxury and a secondary luxury. Do you sell them both? If you sell the secondary one you won’t have it for another 50 turns. If you sell the monopoly one you will have one soon enough. What turn number on average would u say it is good to start keeping luxuries for happiness?

10. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

Does anyone know how "Supply", referring to the ingame concept and value in Civ 5 VP, is translated properly in German and Russian in existing common translations?

Edit: looks like it's "Versorgung" for German, but I can't find the Russian equivalent...is it "поставка"?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  11. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

It depends how much AI are paying and what the luxuries are. Generally speaking I will happily sell both before turn 50-ish, after that it sometimes becomes worth keeping (even if its an only copy).

12. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

WHat is the range of tribute? So Injured units have a reduced strength for tribute? Does killing city state units make tribute easier? Thanks!

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

Within 6 tiles of the city.
    Injured units give less pressure.
    Killing city state units does make it easier.

vyyt likes this.
  14. Thomas8

Thomas8 Chieftain

New promotion tree pop-up window - how can I move up/down in that tree ? Mouse wheel is moving me left/rigth. I have unchecked 'small icons' in that tree and now half of tree is not visible on screen + also checkbox for small icon is also outside of screen.

Arrow keys dont work - they move map behind promotion tree. I dont see any shortcut tied with that tree (other than 's').

Gothic_Empire likes this.
  15. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

Hmm haven't encountered that issue in testing. Can you post a screenshot please and tell me the resolution of your monitor (and the game window if not fullscreen)?

16. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I have the same issue on a 1280 × 800 resolution (playing full screen)

Thanks for making the promotion trees BTW, its very useful.

17. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I've also managed to have this problem. I'll try to recreate it for a screenshot next time I play.

18. Dovaj_Viajiir

Dovaj_Viajiir Chieftain

Doesn't Vassalage include/assume a Defensive Pact between the Master and the Vassal? I am having AI Civs make DoW on my vassals and I am not automatically going to war with the Ai Civ that declared war on my vassal. I know that my vassals do immediately go to war with an AI Civ that declares war on me, the Master, but aren't I obligated to defend my minions, er, vassals?

vyyt likes this.
  19. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

This is the bug. You cannot declare war to a vassal. It is forbidden and should never happen if there was no bugs.
    To declare war to a vassal, you have to declare war to the master instead (and you will be de facto at war with the vassal).

EDIT: so please make a bug report on Github (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues)

vyyt likes this.
  20. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

If the player is using any kind of mod that uses lua to generate declarations of war (say, an event mod or something), it can cause this. I'll only investigate this kind of stuff if it's VP only.
    G