1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Yes

CrazyG likes this.
  2. Wexmajor

Wexmajor Chieftain

How do you deal with warmongers? I'm trapped alone on a small continent with Genghis and it's really sucking away my motivation thinking about how I'm randomly further behind than I normally would be just because I'm the only target for this psycho.

3. 4CV

4CV Chieftain

:spear:

shangela, vyyt, tu_79 and 2 others like this.
  4. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

Having enough units to defend yourself shouldn't really put you behind, especially if you make good use of terrain and choke points. In defensive wars you can typically hold your ground and hardly lose any units at all if you're prepared.

As others have pointed out, the other option is going on the offensive. You will need to build a much larger force of course and if you don't win the war then you probably will have fallen behind somewhat, but if you do win them having his cities and maybe him as a vassal can be quite rewarding.

vyyt and Wexmajor like this.
  5. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I would try to attack him and get one big victory. You don't have to kill him, but take a few cities and weaken him a lot.

Fighting one war won't put you so far behind that you can't win. However, building new units, upgrading units, and fighting all game while not taking any cities or getting any other benefits can dramatically set you behind.

vyyt and Wexmajor like this.
  6. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

This is a huge lesson to learn. The fear of fighting a costly war with a very tough adversary can derail entire games, just because of the human tendency to not bite the bullet.

vyyt, Wexmajor and CrazyG like this.
  7. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

Why doesn’t aqueduct say it stacks with granary like grocer does?

8. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

Is it better to Eliminate a super weak civ or leave them as a 1 City vassal? Vassal will get you their votes, but if u eliminate I think you get their embassies? Or do the embassies just get deleted and people can make new ones. If you leave them up you will have less warmonger penalty but they also will give you basically no yields.

9. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Chieftain

am I missing something. I have monopoly on whales, but cannot build centaur extractions.

I can build other headquarters just not that one. Is there anything else it could be but a bug?

quick edit - no other corps established at this time or one turn later.

10. Dovaj_Viajiir

Dovaj_Viajiir Chieftain

Why do my vassals tear up roads that I build to/through their land, then not replace them? I assume I am paying the maintenance on them, and the vassal benefits. Are they just that paranoid that I am going to use them to come stomp their Civ later, if I release them?

11. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

See this issue on GitHub. If you're on the latest version and having this problem, open a new issue referencing the one I linked.

12. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

Unless you are about to end the game, the AI will recover pretty significantly. Now that they are down to 1 city they will spam settlers as they have a ton of extra happiness, so you'd be surprised how quickly they recover. I once vassalized Greece just after Medieval, leaving them with maybe 3 cities, and they recovered to over 10 cities by Industrial. They contributed a lot of voting and at one point actually passed my military score for a little while. It was very similar to having 50% extra votes and 50% extra military strength.

The lesser warmonger penalty, extra votes, military, and eventual yields are worth losing for a single city.

13. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

I dunno what map you play on that there is room to settle more cities in medieval.

vyyt and TranceBlossom like this.
  14. shangela

shangela Chieftain

Where is the code that sets the % decrease each era for China's UA? Yield amounts, etc. are all in the leader sql, but I can't find that.

15. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

Communitas, which has far less land than most. AI will settle every single available spot, and in Medieval there are plenty of garbage single tile cities they are dying to take.

16. doublex55

doublex55 Chieftain

Is Summer Palace actually worth taking over Sistine Chapel? I was playing As Ottomans planning on going for a Diplomatic victory and I was gonna go for summer palace and pump out tons of diplomatic units with diligence, taking advantage of the 20% science when constructing units, including diplomatic units!
    But then I realized Sistine Chalel will give me 50 culture straightt away plus the scaling on it is insane. I did go tradition so maybe if I had 300 culture from cities instead of 450 it would be different? Idk still seems Chapel is better. What do you guys think? Is Summer Palace bad? Or is Chapel just really good and Palace should be a fallback?

17. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

IS there a way to make some game settings default to on? I keep forgetting to disable events system for a game and it drives me crazy.

vyyt likes this.
  18. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

I was recommended to use really advanced setup mod, but somehow I'm starting my first game with events on, no matter what. Since I don't need ras for anything else, whenever I discover I had forgotten to disable events, I restart.

19. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

If you want to disable the events after you have already started a game, I am 99% sure deleting the Events folder in Modular folder (or whatever it was called) in BOTH (1).CP and (2) CBO will do the trick. I surely did it in the past.

20. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

I still need to remember to delete the folder upon a new release installation. It's not easier than remembering to unselect events in the first game setup upon a new installation.