1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

By the way, is it complex to put a fail-safe that works like a defensive pact, so that the master enter in war to defend the vassal? Or is it complex for something that should never happen / has to be done by the problematic mod and not by VP?

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

should never happen, there are explicit checks against it within all the channels used by VP - so either it's an edge case I've missed, or it's a mod forcing things where it shouldn't.
    G

3. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

Yeah it's due to the low resolution, which I haven't tested with.
    I'll see what I can do (at the very least I'll add a hotkey for the small button option).

4. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I got a notification every single turn a few games ago. It was informing me that the Netherlands had declared war on my vassal. I was Japan in the new beta, and this was the version with the Hero Worship double yield bug. I never went to war with the Netherlands, but somehow a notification that they had declared war against my vassal generated every turn. They didn't seem to be fighting, but EUI definitely flagged their statuses as "at war."

I meant to report this when I first encountered it.

5. azum4roll

azum4roll Chieftain

I'm getting notifications of Pledge of Protection warnings from City States BUT also getting other notifications that the requirements are fulfilled and the Pledge is safe again, every turn even though I haven't done anything to fulfill the requirement. Does anyone else have this problem? Will report when I can get screenshots.

6. lalalaprout

lalalaprout Chieftain

Where is all the paper gone? Didn't it come from chanceries? Now only wonders seem to grant me paper : I have 3 (industrial era), one from printing press, one from scrivener's office, and one that I don't know where it comes from. Meanwhile Siam and England are spamming envoys... I don't see paper given anywhere in the policies, so where is the paper gone? And where does the IA get it?

7. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Great diplomat give paper when expanded.

8. lalalaprout

lalalaprout Chieftain

Ok, what about the paper from chanceries? Did I hallucinate that, or was it removed and I didn't notice?

9. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

It was removed.

vyyt likes this.
  10. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

This was changed before last summer due to bad scaling. How long since your last game?

vyyt likes this.
  11. psparky

psparky Chieftain

Dovaj_Viajiir and vyyt like this.
  12. Gidoza

Gidoza Chieftain

Any way to have an EUI that uses the standard setup of the non-EUI?

13. Dovaj_Viajiir

Dovaj_Viajiir Chieftain

If this isn't "Quick", please let me know where may be more appropriate a location for this one...

One of my new or updated CIV Custom Civilization mods is making my UI for the meeting a CIV or Talking to a CIV break/disappear. There is clearly an issue with a "SomethingMoodSomething" value being called, but not existing (I failed to save a log!) .

In troubleshooting, between each step of trying to see what mod is causing my issue, I am deleting the entire contents of my Cache folder and the contents of my ModUserData folder.

What I am curious about is that I am seeing mods listed as available at the Mods menu when starting CIV that I am sure are not in my Mods folder at all anymore. What does CIV use to build that list from that I am not nuking with the steps above? -additional revelation as I typed this: Perhaps my Mods folder online (OneDrive) still has some of the older/recently deleted Mod folders that are getting read as available?

14. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Have you checked your steam subscriptions?
    When I debug my mods, I play offline to make sure steam doesn't meddle with my stuff by updating my mod folder.

vyyt likes this.
  15. Taller

Taller Chieftain

How can i disable VPs happiness system? I tried editing the "Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)\Modular Elements" files, I even tried deleting them alltogether and it makes no difference whatsoever: I restart the game, found a city and the happiness tab is all there with the same numbers. I love pretty much everything else about the mod but this one aspect is just entirely unfun to me and since its called "modular elements" I'd like to get rid of it. Help would be appreciated.

16. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Happiness cannot be disabled. (I don't know exactly why it is in modular elements. Probably because it can be personnalised a lot).

If you wish to make happiness significantly easier to handle, I can point you to the files you need to modify. (Please specify which version you're using, the last version being the official version of february, and the beta version of march)

Lastly, if happiness is really a deal-breaker for you, I suggest you:
    1) To play with "community patch only", which include only the AI changes, and very few gameplay changes.
    2) Give it a new chance in one month or two, as happiness is currently being reformed (in the last beta), and might still change a lot.

vyyt likes this.
  17. Taller

Taller Chieftain

Well files I got are named from "VP_2019-02-17", not sure what exact version that is, february it seems. And yeah I'd appreciate a tip on wich numbers i could tweak.

I know I can simply disable the bigger part of vp and use community patch only but vp still has a lot of cool stuff in it, like growing villages on trade routes, corporations, monopolies, I really like rebalanced cultural trees, diplomacy, stuff like that.

18. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Assuming you are on the February version installed by the auto-installer software:
    + In MODS/(2) CBO/Modular Elements/CityHappiness.sql, search for "BALANCE_UNHAPPY_CITY_BASE_VALUE", you should find 4 of them (BOREDOM, ILLITERACY, DISORDER and POVERTY). You want to increase the value associated (100 per default). I suggest starting with 200, if you want it to be easier or 1000 if you want to nuke it.

Assuming you are on a modpack of the February version:
    +You have to do this operation twice, once in "VP_2019-02-17/Mods/(2) CBO/Modular Elements/CityHappiness.sql" and once in "VP_2019-02-17/Override/CIV5Units.xml"

I didn't tested it, so maybe it doesn't nuke all the unhappiness, don't hesitate to ask again if that didn't work. (If that make the unhappiness worse, that means the comments I use are outdated, and you had to put values smaller instead of greater...)

All those modifications should be savegame compatible, so you should be able to continue previous games. Note that the change of happiness might be delayed to the next population growth of each city.

19. Taller

Taller Chieftain

Thanks for the write-up, also would never think to search in a unit file, of all places. And I'm using a modpack version yeah. But unfortunately it changes exactly nothing, I tried 1000 and -1000 in both files, restarted, waited for a new pop to jump out and it all stays the same.

20. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Taller,

The happiness system is not modular in that it can be turned on or off like that. VP is balanced around its existence. You’ll be better off learning it.

G

vyyt likes this.