Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Tempting settler trigger bait, I think I'll pass for now ... or would you?
Neighbours aren't known to be the most friendly ones (I'm assyria).

Edit: hard to add images it seems

Tempting settler trigger bait, I think I'll pass for now ... or would you?
Neighbours aren't known to be the most friendly ones (I'm assyria).

Edit: hard to add images it seems

It doesn't seem like the greatest settling spot aside from El Dorado but maybe there are resources you just haven't unlocked on the map yet? The gold could be useful to a warmonger though.

Also, being Assyria you can probably assume that every settling spot on this continent is going to be yours eventually. Might make more sense to let others settle your cities for you and get that sweet, sweet science from conquering.

It doesn't seem like the greatest settling spot aside from El Dorado but maybe there are resources you just haven't unlocked on the map yet? The gold could be useful to a warmonger though.

Also, being Assyria you can probably assume that every settling spot on this continent is going to be yours eventually. Might make more sense to let others settle your cities for you and get that sweet, sweet science from conquering.

It was a bit rethorical, seemed suicidal to settle there and get ganked from all sides.
France ended up settling the spot for now.

I have just startet playing Vox Pop. today; playing as Germany one my starting units is German pathfinder having the grahpic image/animation og native indian unit, is that intentional? If so, are there no new animations for any of the new units in the patch?
Thnx, TZ

I have just startet playing Vox Pop. today; playing as Germany one my starting units is German pathfinder having the grahpic image/animation og native indian unit, is that intentional? If so, are there no new animations for any of the new units in the patch?
Thnx, TZ
The pathfinder is a general scout unit for everyone now. The UU of the Shoshones (not Indians) is a Comanche Raider now.

And yes, the new units have new graphics, you will see them later in the game (I think there are 3 or 4 of them)

The pathfinder is a general scout unit for everyone now. The UU of the Shoshones (not Indians) is a Comanche Raider now.

And yes, the new units have new graphics, you will see them later in the game (I think there are 3 or 4 of them)

Thanx for the info, and great job with the mod, I've gone back from CIV6 to 5 only because of Vox Populi

I've gone back from CIV6 to 5 only because of Vox Populi

You're welcome.
To you and all new VP players, I advise to play your first games without any modmod (VP only) You'll fell what Vox Populi is
Don't hesitate to give your feedback. Modders need it.

I finally figured out how syncretism works, I've seen others wondering about this so I thought I'd share my find.
From wiki
"
+1 Faith, Science, and Production in Holy City for every 2 Followers of other Religion is owned Cities.

+5 Culture when a Citizen is born in an owned City Following this Religion.
"
This contains a typo , the bold is should be "in owned cities".

The idea is I guess to go on a conquer spree and not spread this religion to other cities while growing your empire and getting a holy city with crazy faith/science/prod.
The holy city keeps this even if its not your majority religion, it also keeps the yields if you capture a holy city with syncretism, convert other citys but not this one and watch it explode in yields.

Here is a screenshot of a captured lategame holy city providing almost 200 each of the above mentioned yields from just syncretism.

syncretism.png

Some say Aztecs are on the easy side ... well I think I broke the early game with Monty, did some rapid expand and managed to get reformation before enhancer 140bc.
Maybe "continents" hindered some AI expansion but .... I'm alone with a religion so far (and I did not go god of war).

Proably picking either of:
Defender of the faith would be like a 50% culture increase for no faith cost (walls being built everywhere), this would also speed up the enhancer.
Faith of the masses with a beeline for amphitheaters helps with happiness ... which will become an issue (almost is already).

Any disgusting early broken reform combos?

Question about reformation now that I really want to try something with Syncretism. Let's say I found a religion and pick up Syncretism when I enhance. What do I lose (if anything) if I capture another Holy City that becomes my majority religion? Could I theoretically reform both religions?

Question about reformation now that I really want to try something with Syncretism. Let's say I found a religion and pick up Syncretism when I enhance. What do I lose (if anything) if I capture another Holy City that becomes my majority religion? Could I theoretically reform both religions?

Reformation things are only valid for majority religion so it is entirely useless.
I think syncretism could work when you see a neighbour form the favourite religious combo or if you are neighbour with say india (who spreads his religion fast) and then conquer.
Possibly also on a large/huge map where you don't spread your own religion.
But all in all its likely best to conquer someone elses holy syncretism city.

Reformation things are only valid for majority religion so it is entirely useless.
Okay, thanks for the heads up.

I think syncretism could work when you see a neighbour form the favourite religious combo or if you are neighbour with say india (who spreads his religion fast) and then conquer.
Possibly also on a large/huge map where you don't spread your own religion.
But all in all its likely best to conquer someone elses holy syncretism city.

Have you seen many AI go Syncretism? I feel like they'll almost never want to since AI want to spread religion so aggressively. It definitely is a more niche choice, but I think I can at least setup scenarios where it is plausible to want it (midish game warmonger).

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Have you seen many AI go Syncretism? I feel like they'll almost never want to since AI want to spread religion so aggressively. It definitely is a more niche choice, but I think I can at least setup scenarios where it is plausible to want it (midish game warmonger).

Not many, but my suspicion tells me Ghengis is a fan of it (it was his holy city in the picture) and can with the correct circumstances spring board his expansion, together with some city state conquering.
If you want to try it, try it with the Mongols.

Is Nationalization tenet of Order broken? I had corporation offices built in my 50 cities for Giorgio Armeier and had monstrous culture, finished 4th and half of 5th policy branches after finishing ideology tenets.

Is Nationalization tenet of Order broken? I had corporation offices built in my 50 cities for Giorgio Armeier and had monstrous culture, finished 4th and half of 5th policy branches after finishing ideology tenets.

You had 50 cities, which is way outside the normal range. Nationalization isn't really worth picking until you have over 15 cities, which is more than the standard amount of cities even for a normal wide civ. Maybe there needs to be a cap put in because some people play on ultra-super-huge, but honestly the game isn't balanced for that period.

Have U guys cheated ;) I used to be able to beat vanilla civ 5 at every level (with 1710 hours of vanilla gaming), but with your mod (VP) I can't even beat it at "King" lol. Admittedly it is a long time since I've played civ5, but still. If you guys haven't just pumped up the AI with all sorts of benefits, but actually made it so much more clever you are modding Gods and Firaxis should offer you all jobs at once - if the current strength of the VP AI is due to you making it smarter I'm totally gobsmacked!
All the best TZ

Top Bottom