1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

How does capturing a religion work exactly? I captured a holy city of a religion that was the majority religion in every city except my own capital/holy city, and it didn't become my new religion.

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

The one you founded take higher priority you must take an inqusitior of that other religion and purge your holy city

vyyt likes this.
  3. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Is this trade route going towards a Moroccan city? It looks like it is going towards Yerevan, whom you are allied. Morocco can't pillage trade routes going to a Moroccan city, but it could also be the case with allied city states.

vyyt likes this.
  4. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

6. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

The last time I played Morocco you did have to use the pillage button during peacetime. It being automatic during peace time would be annoying if you didn't want to pillage routes of AI you were trying to be friendly with.

vyyt likes this.
  7. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Chieftain

Like @crdvis16 , I had to pillage the TR like what I do during war. The only situation where you cannot pillage is when the TR is headed towards your own city (even during that first turn of war).

8. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

They're technically 'projects' (like Apollo or SS parts), so building modifiers do not affect them.

G

9. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Chieftain

Hmm, does that mean they're affected by AICreatePercent in the difficulty handicaps?

If so, BiteInTheMark will want your head, from what I remember of last year. ;P

10. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

does that mean that public works/Apollo, etc. are categorized differently than processes, or do they share the projectType category with wealth/farming/etc?

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

ProjectType and ProcessType are two different tables.

G

pineappledan likes this.
  12. Dovaj_Viajiir

Dovaj_Viajiir Chieftain

Does the Communitas Map have a feature that is grouping CIV start locations quasi-historically? My last few games have had what I call 'themed' civs on the same continent, i.e. Japan, Korea, China on one continent, and Aztec, Maya, Inca on another. Two or three games is not a very large sample, I know. Is this just coincidental?

13. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

A fun coincidence. I'm always partial to seeing Rome and Carthage spawn next to eachother :)

14. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

I was once playing Spain, and had the Aztecs across a sea, and I invaded them with Conquistadors while they still had Jaguars. Now that's historical accuracy!

It's possible Aztec/Maya spawn near each other because they both have Jungle biases.

15. JeffFahFah

JeffFahFah Chieftain

Is the new beta version from 4-20 save game compatible? All the changes thus far since the previous version seem really fun to play but I don't want to invest time if I can't save the game.

16. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Chieftain

I haven’t played since about November, before the new happiness rework. I have a few questions:

Is there a good writeup about how happiness works now?

Have any civs gotten big overhauls since then?

I remember reading that the communitas map was integrated. Can someone elaborate? I tried a communitas roll and still find 2/4 iron resources as opposed to 2/6 on normal maps, is this normal and would it work for resource needs in cbp?

Events are still enabled by default. Can someone “sell” me on them since I usually disable them since it seems to be very rng based?

Thanks!

17. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

It is very cool to watch the top scoreboard civ get a plague event and then their cities start suffering massive starvation.

Also very cool where you decide to get baby boomed for +1 pop in all cities.

SpankmyMetroid likes this.
  18. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

No, no versions other than a hotfix one are savegame compatible. I would recommend just finishing the game you have and then switching to the new version-the March 28 version is pretty good too.
    1. The system was first introduced here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-beta-version-march-14th-3-14.643756/ You can check the changelog for when the system was introduced. Basically, happiness is mostly local now, more unhappiness than happiness in a city and it suffers Growth/Military Unit Production. Happiness sources are divided across your empire, empire-wide unhappiness like Public Opinion/War Weariness are divided across your empire, local unhappiness like Poverty/Distress etc. affects only the city.

A few changes have been made since then. For example, now, if the ratio of your Happiness: Unhappiness is less than 60%, you suffer empire-wide penalties to Growth/Production. These penalties are increased at 40% and 20%. You can check the last two versions for changes since then:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-beta-version-march-28th-3-28.644213/
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-beta-version-april-20th-4-20.645111/

2. No, just some small changes, like Ottomans losing :c5production: on TR completion and Shoshone having their Encampment tech bonuses bumped forward.

SpankmyMetroid likes this.
  19. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Just curious, what ruin order do you guys go for as Shoshone?

20. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

We get 20% of the culture/science/faith yields of our vassals.
    Does this mean they lose these yields as they do lose gold with vassal taxes?
    Or are the yields we get something extra like fiat money and created out of thin air and the vassals still get 100% of their own culture/science/faith?