1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

created out of thin air. I argued that we should have it deduct yields from the vassal, but oh well.

Borussia likes this.
  2. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

There is a feature in the game that you research technologies faster when other known civilizations already have reasearched them.
    And I don`t mean the World Congress resolution.

I would like to mod this value so all civs keep closer together on their technology level and it is harder for civs to get a 10 technology lead for example.
    Anyone know where I can find this value in the mod files?

3. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Chieftain

It's a vanilla feature, I don't think VP modified it.

Edit: I think the function you're looking for is CvPlayer::calculateResearchModifier, found in the CvPlayer.cpp file.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. Jarru

Jarru Chieftain

How puppeted city decides what to build next?

5. ElderDarkDragon

ElderDarkDragon Chieftain

I recently picked up Civ V and though I've played the other Civs extensively (except VI) my question is, should I play around with vanilla for awhile or dive right into VP? Or I suppose another way to put it, how is the vanilla game compared to what VP offers? Is it like a lot of mods where it's so much better that you never bother with the original game again?

6. Enginseer

the latter.

7. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Its so good it still puts Civ VI to shame. I took a recent stroll on Civ 6 to see how it was doing with the new expansion. Its got a lot of cool stuff, but it quickly falls apart when you realize how bad the balance is, and how utterly terrible the AI.

And...things still take f$$$ing forever to build in that game.

8. ElderDarkDragon

ElderDarkDragon Chieftain

I see, thank you both. I look forward to working my way up the difficulty ladder.

9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

So I hit a snag in my current game. Due to a bug or something I have a cruiser and ironclad in the same city which is blocked by an enemy ship. I cannot move or remove either of them, so now this game is completely stuck because it won't let me advance without moving one of the units. Screenshot below. Are there any tips or tricks to deal with this?

upload_2019-5-9_0-16-40.png

10. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

@Stalker0, wow, this has never happened to me. Hiw did the 2 ships end up there? Was one in the port and the other freshly built in the city? I think we should ask G and team on GitHub if they can somehow prevent this (maybe automove to the nearest available plot and spending all movement points?). Do you have a save?

And to salvage your game, I'd IGE the enemy corvette away or I suppose you can delete one of your ships? But these are not ideal and you already know these, right?

11. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

I'd suggest saving the game, loading IGE when you pull it up again, and you can teleport one of your units to say Ouarzazate, or somewhere else you feel is "fair", or teleporting the corvette a tile back, since it has room.

12. ScarMK

ScarMK Chieftain

Do guided missiles have a maintenance fee/contribute to your unit supply?

I also seem to have every AI vote to sanction me each game, regardless of how me being friends with some and not being a warmonger. Is it just something they do if you're winning or am I doing something wrong?

13. Enginseer

this.

14. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

AI in VP actively try to not only win themselves but also stop you from winning. That is why there is a negative diplomacy modifier for things like "competition for wonders", "they know you are going to win", things like that.

15. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Chieftain

Does the AI favor other AI over the human player then? If given the option, are they going to try to hinder me more than their AI competitions? I'm currently in a game where there's a three way race for the leader spot and no clear victor yet. However, the two AI in the race are working together to hinder me while not doing anything against one another.

16. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

Nope, AI treats everyone equally afaik. It is very likely that they have reasons to work together or against you, and if this goes on long-term they are probably messing with each other in ways you might not see.

vyyt likes this.
  17. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

They may have made more effort to be friendly with each other than you have with either of them, as well.

vyyt likes this.
  18. andersw

andersw Chieftain

Where do I post suggestions? here?
    Is it possible to add auto explore to workboats in the same way regular ships have that?

19. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Why would we want to enable a work boats as explorers strategy?

vyyt likes this.
  20. andersw

andersw Chieftain

It is possible already but you have to move them manually and thats the issue.
    They are cheap and take no army supply.