Quick Questions / Quick Answers

What's up with barb camps spawning cataphracts from turn 1? Is this an intended feature or am I experiencing a glitch?

Thank you! So a couple of almost certainly dumb questions:
-So does VP have both of what's in CP and CBP?
-For me normal is G&K years ago with no mods. Does having one mean you click something else to start?
(Yes, I really am that ignorant.)
1. Vox Populi is made of:
a) Community Patch (the patch that makes it all possible)
b) Community Balance Patch (Gazebo's creature with all balancing and extra content=
c) Mods with extra variety, like CivIV diplomacy, extra luxuries, and UI support.
2. To play modded, start CivV with everything installed, and in the game menu, use MOD option, then SINGLE, then SET UP GAME. It takes a long time to start. You may want to install a Modpack so you can play without using the MOD menu option (but you won't be able to play other mods together).

Thank you! So a couple of almost certainly dumb questions:
-So does VP have both of what's in CP and CBP?
-For me normal is G&K years ago with no mods. Does having one mean you click something else to start?
(Yes, I really am that ignorant.)
- yes (cbp is renamed cbo now)
- after the installation, you have to click mods -> click each box from the top to the bottom -> then click next -> then set up game.
(Or you can use the modpack instead, but don't mix them)

So... Does the multiplayer version is behind the state of the singeplayer version?
Yes, but it's not game-breaking. You can make your own if you want.

What's up with barb camps spawning cataphracts from turn 1? Is this an intended feature or am I experiencing a glitch?
It's a bug, corrected now (i think). Look at your mods threads, and re-download the corrected one.

Just to be sure...voting for Global Hegemony is triggered by the World Congress being in Atomic era and a World Ideology being in place, right? I feel like I didn't see it until WC entered Information era, (and UN happened around the same time so I'm not 100% sure if that was related).

Just to be sure...voting for Global Hegemony is triggered by the World Congress being in Atomic era and a World Ideology being in place, right? I feel like I didn't see it until WC entered Information era, (and UN happened around the same time so I'm not 100% sure if that was related).

An Ideology and Atomic Era. CivWikia says Combined Arms, but I recall which tech mattering.

I have a question related to "instant yield that scales with era". When this particular "yield" triggered, what is the formula of its value? I read somewhere in this forum that the value is just a multiplication of how many era have passed from classical era. Is the value of those yield based on A, B or C:
A. How many era has passed from classical era to current era. For example, at renaissance era (2 era after classical) if I somehow just completed progress or grab industry opener, the value of instant gold from citizen birth and building completion respectively is 20*3 and 15*3.
B. How many era has passed from current era to the era I "activate" the feature. For example, in the religion tenet selection, at medieval era, I chose "instant yield of 150 when passing a proposal at the world congress". So, when I reached renaissance era, I expect the value is 150*2.
C. The starting era for multiplication of each feature has been set. For example, in atomic era I picked "free hospital in every city and gain 50 culture when citizen born in any city, scaling with era". For every citizen born in atomic era I receive 50*3 culture if I assume that the "starting era for multiplication" is industrial era.

Last edited:
I have a question related to "instant yield that scales with era". When this particular "yield" triggered, what is the formula of its value? I read somewhere in this forum that the value is just a multiplication of how many era have passed from classical era. Is the value of those yield based on A, B or C:
A. How many era has passed from classical era to current era. For example, at renaissance era (2 era after classical) if I somehow just completed progress or grab industry opener, the value of instant gold from citizen birth and building completion respectively is 20*3 and 15*3.
B. How many era has passed from current era to the era I "activate" the feature. For example, in the religion tenet selection, at medieval era, I chose "instant yield of 150 when passing a proposal at the world congress". So, when I reached renaissance era, I expect the value is 150*2.
C. The starting era for multiplication of each feature has been set. For example, in atomic era I picked "free hospital in every city and gain 50 culture when citizen born in any city, scaling with era". For every citizen born in atomic era I receive 50*3 culture if I assume that the "starting era for multiplication" is industrial era.
"Starting era" for instant yields is always Classical Era.

X, scaling per era =>

ancient: 1 * X
classical: 1 * X
medieval: 2 * X
renaissance: 3 * X
industrial: 4 * X
modern: 5 * X
atomic: 6 * X
information: 7 * X

Thank you for the answer.

Another question. Does any modifier that increases city ranged attack (like "50% increases when garrisoned" from one of the tradition policy and "100% increases in every city" from Celts pantheon) also reduces unhappiness from crime?

Thank you for the answer.

Another question. Does any modifier that increases city ranged attack (like "50% increases when garrisoned" from one of the tradition policy and "100% increases in every city" from Celts pantheon) also reduces unhappiness from crime?

No, they do not reduce unhappiness.

Not entirely true - if a policy affects a garrison's strength (i.e. the 'shield' value of the city), it does affect crime.

How does city's RCS get calculated anyway, assuming no bonuses outside of defensive buildings? It's not 1:1 conversion, since a city with Red Fort have around 100 CS, but it doesn't take ~90% of hp from Tercio in a single attack.

Why do some friendly-enough cultures (I'm playing with transparent diplomacy) charge 1153g for a multiple luxury, yet value yours (say, 195g) for less than others do? I particulalry wonder about the exorbitant demand.

I am a new player who has nerve finished a game. I'm playing on king difficulty and even around turn 400 (epic speed) there are still 4 or 5 civs that are behind me in tech by quite a bit.

Does it stay like this or do all AI eventually get more challenging?

Another question, does anyone know of any maps that are HUGE but do NOT have true start locations? (And also works with VP)

Another question, does anyone know of any maps that are HUGE but do NOT have true start locations? (And also works with VP)

What do you mean by true? Do you mean "not an Earth map"? In that case, all of them except for the Earth maps.

I am a new player who has nerve finished a game. I'm playing on king difficulty and even around turn 400 (epic speed) there are still 4 or 5 civs that are behind me in tech by quite a bit.

Does it stay like this or do all AI eventually get more challenging?

It only gets more challenging if you move up a level.

Well the AI does get gradual bonus increases as the game goes on so if your complacent they can start to come back.

But if King is too easy, emperor is a much bigger challenge!

Yeah, in my Immortal games I've seen AIs suddenly start moving ahead faster in techs in later eras, so you can't always write a game off as won if you're ahead.

The techs do kinda go fast in later eras, especially if you have the ability to construct science buildings asap.

Top Bottom