1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

@rebar64 , glad you made it work!

Sorry, I don't use events, so I don't know much about these. VP has its own event system with some basic events included and you can find more user-created event pack(s) in the Mods depository subforum. I think Sucritact's Events and Decisions might conflict with the VP ones, but I am just speculating.

2. rebar64

rebar64 Chieftain

Thanks again for the reply, unfortunateIy I'm not tech savvy enough to try installing additional mods and ironing out conflicts. I don't think I ever installed any specific ones before either, but used the ones that came with VP. It was a long time ago but here are some of the ones I remember;
    • Getting an option to upgrade natural wonders with extra stats, as well as some individual natural wonder related events
    • Upgrading fishing boat production in coastal cities
    • Having some kind of exploring quest where you could get a copy of certain luxuries or resources not present within your borders for a sum of gold
    • Getting a chance in the early game to acquire a copy of iron or an upgrade to culture/faith
    • Getting some sort of war-quest where you can get extra XP or promotions for units
    • Civ-specific events that use magistrates, can't remember any of them specifically but they were usually linked to the historic period of the civs leader. Maybe something like china reforming the imperial exam system or whatever and getting some kinda bonus or malus as a made up example

These are some of the ones I remember, and as far as I know they came with base VP.

Just had a look again at enabled mods, am I perhaps somehow missing one? Is the missing 8 Events and decisions?

upload_2020-2-17_17-45-35.png

3. rebar64

rebar64 Chieftain

Ok, I am an idiot.

Just realised I hadn't checked Events System enabled under game settings. Doh! Sorry if I wasted anyones time! I think after I reinstalled and cleared the cache I had to re select options there and must've missed it :blush::crazyeye:

*Edit: Still not getting the events I described above, dunno what the problem is!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

This issue comes usually as a conflict with a previously installed EUI mod.
    First, make sure you are not subscribed to any cp mod in steam workshop.
    Then, take a look at the civ 5 binary folder (where your executables are), and make sure you don't have a file called eui_bc or something like that. Any EUI file should be now under the Asset folder.
    Finally, look for the cache folder (Documents/My Games/...) and remove it.

vyyt likes this.
  5. tothePAIN

tothePAIN Warlord

Am I supposed to be able to switch religions if I founded a religion? For example, I conquered the Huns holy city. I wanted to use his religion instead of the one I founded, so I used inquisitors to wipe out my religion. But I didn't change and get his founders...

6. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

@tothePAIN , I think once a founder, always founder. Once you have founded a religion it sticks and you cannot get rid of it. Not sure what happens when you lose your own Holy city though.

7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It was not the case a few versions ago. In theory you could convert more than half of your cities to the new religion and become the head of the new religion instead of the original one. Once considered the head of the religion you could benefit from the founder beliefs. Maybe that was changed.

8. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Are you sure? Have you tried it? I don't think it was ever possible (if you have founded your own religion)

9. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

No, I didn't. It was just hearsay. I almost never thought of changing my religion.

10. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

Being the founder always takes precedence over a conquered religion. Only if you haven't founded but have taken 2+ religions you can switch at will.

vyyt and tu_79 like this.
  11. tothePAIN

tothePAIN Warlord

Thanks all. I asked here and got told I could switch. Oh well. (I founded with CoE and it's late game now, so not much power lost.)

12. nmb93

nmb93 Chieftain

What is the logic to Venice puppeted city building selection and/or why do they refuse to even build some damn walls? I went on a conquering spree at the end and my puppets must've been smoking something...

13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Remind me, if I trade away my Marble to another AI, do I lose the wonder production bonus? Does the AI gain that bonus?

Lethal Llama likes this.
  14. Bascule2000

Bascule2000 Warlord

You keep the production bonus. The only thing you can lose by trading a luxury is happiness (unless trading with William, which might cost you a monopoly).

Edit: I forgot one, you could lose the ability to build war elephants by trading your last ivory.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  15. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

At least with Venice you can invest in buildings and the puppet will build those first.

16. nmb93

nmb93 Chieftain

True. But the frustration was that you can't queue defensive buildings, and you can't easily cycle through puppeted cities. So when I realized this problem late game, when investing in walls was admittedly a non-issue, I had to manually move through cities to queue them. Which was where their odd building selection became obvious. At one point many of them were spending 40+ turns (standard speed) building airports before they'd built wells or forges...

Arthur Jama likes this.
  17. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Make a github report with the save game. If you've got living enabled, you can share the files that show the AI queues as well.

18. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Can someone remind me how long do defensive pacts last for?

19. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Doesn't it say that in your Diplomacy tab for deals?

20. ohhaimark

ohhaimark Chieftain

Anyone else hitting a wall with warmongering after latest patch? Tried authority Greece, Authority France, and Progress France on Immortal, emperor and emperor and did much worse than usual.

nmb93 likes this.