Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Sup guys!

After a long break of civ 5 I've come back and installed Vox Populi.

Everything was a clean re-installation.

I installed the version of Vox Populi with no EUI from the civ fanatics forum

I'm having a bug with the tech tree where I can't scroll to the right.

Here's my list of mods that are checked and they appear in this order.

-Community Patch v.89
-Community Balance Overhaul v.13
-C4DF-CBP v.11
-City State Diplomacy mod for CBP v.27
-More Luxuries - CBO Edition 5-14b ...
-Community Balance Overhaul - ....
-Promotion Icons for vp v.1
-UI-Promotion Tree for vp v.22

I'm not super computer savvy but I can follow directions if you think you have a solution for me :)

Thanks so much for any help or advice!

~sticky
This issue comes usually as a conflict with a previously installed EUI mod.
First, make sure you are not subscribed to any cp mod in steam workshop.
Then, take a look at the civ 5 binary folder (where your executables are), and make sure you don't have a file called eui_bc or something like that. Any EUI file should be now under the Asset folder.
Finally, look for the cache folder (Documents/My Games/...) and remove it.

Am I supposed to be able to switch religions if I founded a religion? For example, I conquered the Huns holy city. I wanted to use his religion instead of the one I founded, so I used inquisitors to wipe out my religion. But I didn't change and get his founders...

@tothePAIN , I think once a founder, always founder. Once you have founded a religion it sticks and you cannot get rid of it. Not sure what happens when you lose your own Holy city though.
It was not the case a few versions ago. In theory you could convert more than half of your cities to the new religion and become the head of the new religion instead of the original one. Once considered the head of the religion you could benefit from the founder beliefs. Maybe that was changed.

It was not the case a few versions ago. In theory you could convert more than half of your cities to the new religion and become the head of the new religion instead of the original one. Once considered the head of the religion you could benefit from the founder beliefs. Maybe that was changed.
Are you sure? Have you tried it? I don't think it was ever possible (if you have founded your own religion)

Being the founder always takes precedence over a conquered religion. Only if you haven't founded but have taken 2+ religions you can switch at will.

Thanks all. I asked here and got told I could switch. Oh well. (I founded with CoE and it's late game now, so not much power lost.)

What is the logic to Venice puppeted city building selection and/or why do they refuse to even build some damn walls? I went on a conquering spree at the end and my puppets must've been smoking something...

Remind me, if I trade away my Marble to another AI, do I lose the wonder production bonus? Does the AI gain that bonus?

You keep the production bonus. The only thing you can lose by trading a luxury is happiness (unless trading with William, which might cost you a monopoly).

Edit: I forgot one, you could lose the ability to build war elephants by trading your last ivory.

Last edited:
What is the logic to Venice puppeted city building selection and/or why do they refuse to even build some damn walls? I went on a conquering spree at the end and my puppets must've been smoking something...
At least with Venice you can invest in buildings and the puppet will build those first.

At least with Venice you can invest in buildings and the puppet will build those first.

True. But the frustration was that you can't queue defensive buildings, and you can't easily cycle through puppeted cities. So when I realized this problem late game, when investing in walls was admittedly a non-issue, I had to manually move through cities to queue them. Which was where their odd building selection became obvious. At one point many of them were spending 40+ turns (standard speed) building airports before they'd built wells or forges...

True. But the frustration was that you can't queue defensive buildings, and you can't easily cycle through puppeted cities. So when I realized this problem late game, when investing in walls was admittedly a non-issue, I had to manually move through cities to queue them. Which was where their odd building selection became obvious. At one point many of them were spending 40+ turns (standard speed) building airports before they'd built wells or forges...
Make a github report with the save game. If you've got living enabled, you can share the files that show the AI queues as well.

Anyone else hitting a wall with warmongering after latest patch? Tried authority Greece, Authority France, and Progress France on Immortal, emperor and emperor and did much worse than usual.

Do the yields from trade routes change every turn or do they remain the same throughout the duration of the trade route? If I send a caravan to my CS ally, but 5 turns later I stop being the CS's ally, will the yields from the caravan change/lower?

God of the Open sky says "Grassland tiles without Hills or features".
What things counts as a feature?

Top Bottom