Quick Questions / Quick Answers

In (2)\ Community Balance Overhaul/Modular Elements/Happiness Mod/CityHappiness.sql there is a parameter called BALANCE_HAPPINESS_POP_MULTIPLIER.
I'm not sure how to interpret the corresponding comment.
If BALANCE_HAPPINESS_POP_MULTIPLIER is set to -100, does each additional Population modify needs by -1% or by 0%?

In (2)\ Community Balance Overhaul/Modular Elements/Happiness Mod/CityHappiness.sql there is a parameter called BALANCE_HAPPINESS_POP_MULTIPLIER.
I'm not sure how to interpret the corresponding comment.
If BALANCE_HAPPINESS_POP_MULTIPLIER is set to -100, does each additional Population modify needs by -1% or by 0%?
IIRC, it's - 1% to needs from ity size. Meaning it is easier to handle happiness the bigger the city (if it is working on fine places).

Do the yields from trade routes change every turn or do they remain the same throughout the duration of the trade route? If I send a caravan to my CS ally, but 5 turns later I stop being the CS's ally, will the yields from the caravan change/lower?

Pretty sure they change with the alliance status. One time I paid attention when I used a trade route to gain an alliance - when I set the trade route the yields were low, but the next turn when the quest had been fulfilled and the CS was allied the caravan screen reported higher yields.

Are instant yields like completing a granary or using a missionary to spread religion woth Apostolic Traditions modified by bonuses? Like the Food bonus from WLtKD or Tourism?

Are instant yields like completing a granary or using a missionary to spread religion woth Apostolic Traditions modified by bonuses? Like the Food bonus from WLtKD or Tourism?

No instant bonuses are static and don't get modifiers. However, one bonus that is "special" is the food bonus from an ITR. Normally TR bonuses are not affected by modifiers. But food from an ITR is effected by your cities' growth bonus

No instant bonuses are static and don't get modifiers. However, one bonus that is "special" is the food bonus from an ITR. Normally TR bonuses are not affected by modifiers. But food from an ITR is effected by your cities' growth bonus

They're modified by game speed.

upload_2020-2-28_4-33-58.png

Why can't I citadel here? I want to nab Alexander's uranium. I wasn't able to before puppeting him either, can you not citadel a cities immediate ring of tiles or something? Tooltip description made no mention

View attachment 547360

Why can't I citadel here? I want to nab Alexander's uranium. I wasn't able to before puppeting him either, can you not citadel a cities immediate ring of tiles or something? Tooltip description made no mention

He's out of moves.

Pretty sure they change with the alliance status. One time I paid attention when I used a trade route to gain an alliance - when I set the trade route the yields were low, but the next turn when the quest had been fulfilled and the CS was allied the caravan screen reported higher yields.

Thanks!

He went out of moves after I tried to citadel. Tried this 3 turns in a row and each time I pressed it it used up his moves and did nothing

I notice you have a promotion that looks a bit like red barbed wire. Is this a GG that you captured from someone else? Not sure if that's the reason but it might be worth checking what that promotion says.

Mountains and water are not features, however. Mountain is a terrain like grassland and plains and water is a plot type, while lake, coast and ocean are terrains.

You lose the vote if you conquer a CS with your own embassy, don't you?

If so, it's really counterproductive because your neighboring CS are usually where you'll place your first few embassies, but they're also the CS you're basically inclined to conquer once the AI inevitably turns them against you on higher difficulties.

Again, more downside to placing a GPTI, uuugggghhh...

Agreed, I think an embassy should permanently grant one extra vote no matter what happens to it (but only one vote per CS, so as to prevent human abuse by planting an embassy, stealing the tile with a GG and then immediately planting another GD later in the game when all the CSs already have embassies).

You lose the vote if you conquer a CS with your own embassy, don't you?

If so, it's really counterproductive because your neighboring CS are usually where you'll place your first few embassies, but they're also the CS you're basically inclined to conquer once the AI inevitably turns them against you on higher difficulties.

Again, more downside to placing a GPTI, uuugggghhh...

That seems like an issue with being on higher difficulties, not with embassies. I manage to maintain alliances with city-states just fine on Emperor.

Since CS are a topic just now... In all my games I've never tried to capture a CS. What exactly happens when you conquer a CS? Is it like a puppet or can you actually annex? Either way I won't get its UN vote? If another civ has an embassy does it lose it vote & do get its its embassy tile bonus? If it's now part of my empire does it give a culture and science penalty like acquiring a new city?

Last edited:
Top Bottom