Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I don't see the threads for it here in the forum though.. weird. Did the location for the patch announcements change?

These are usually small fixes and they don't make a new thread for every single thing they modify ;) You have to either follow the 4-17 thread or check on github.

I don't see the threads for it here in the forum though.. weird. Did the location for the patch announcements change?
No, the latest official beta is still 4-17. @Recursive and @ilteroi made updates to diplomacy and settling logic (sorry if I forgot anything else) while @Gazebo was busy IRL. I think they posted the updated core somewhere in this thread and GitHub, but I think you can stick to this 4-17 until @Gazebo releases the official new version the usual way.

I'm pretty sure you have to take his capital, best way/most convenient is probably to keep him as vassal, take all other capitals and then kill him/Mecca last.
Are you pretty sure? I am pretty sure that vassalizing is enough ;-)

Are you pretty sure? I am pretty sure that vassalizing is enough ;-)

Yes I am, vassal is not to control capital.
(You didnt need capital in Civ4 and this have been up to the occational discussion on the forums.)

Spoiler :

upload_2020-6-13_18-54-58.png

Is there any way to take control of the AI to see everything their policies, buildings etc. IGE's option to take control doesn't work properly, possibly because of vox populi

IGE works fine for me.

These are usually small fixes and they don't make a new thread for every single thing they modify ;) You have to either follow the 4-17 thread or check on github.

No, the latest official beta is still 4-17. @Recursive and @ilteroi made updates to diplomacy and settling logic (sorry if I forgot anything else) while @Gazebo was busy IRL. I think they posted the updated core somewhere in this thread and GitHub, but I think you can stick to this 4-17 until @Gazebo releases the official new version the usual way.

Current beta is still 4-17-2, until Gazebo posts a new version.

ilteroi and I often post improvements to AI logic and other things on Github, and occasionally a new "unofficial version" is posted on a Github issue or on the forum with more recent interim fixes, but these aren't official betas and require replacing some of the most recent version's files.

I'm pretty sure it isn't though it probably should be. But then again if you've captured every capital and the only capital left is a vassal's capital, you've basically already won, no need for the victory screen popup...

I'm pretty sure vassals don't count, but I remember winning once when my allied CS captured the last player's capital...

Guys, how can I get maximum yields out of my trade routes?
What does diversity mean? (a trade route thingy mentioned in some UA)

Guys, how can I get maximum yields out of my trade routes?
What does diversity mean? (a trade route thingy mentioned in some UA)

Trade route overview lets you sort by yields. You can access it by clicking on the Trade Routes icon on the top bar.

Resource diversity: if your city has more resources than the other city, you get a resource diversity bonus (%) to Gold earned. If your city has less resources than the other city, you get a resource diversity penalty (%) to Gold earned.

What is the command to reveal the whole map? I modified the difficulty file to give AI an additional warrior at start but not sure it works properly.

Thanks

How to stop city screen from automatically moving to the next city or unit so that I can press alt in order to add buildings to that city's production que?

I am using the EUI with Vox Populai. I know that if I go into a city and hold alt I can add many building to the production que. However, when I am prompted during play that production is complete in any particular city, and I then press that pop-up and am taken to that city screen, and then click on a building to add to the city production que, the game automatically then sends me to the next city or unit. I can't figure out how to stop the mofo from moving automatically to the next screen, so therefore I cannot use the press and hold alt method to add more buildings to that production que. Can anyone help please?

Also, is there a good guide for Vox Populai somewhere? At the moment I am trying to fathom the best place to put villages. I read somewhere that along trade routes may be best, but I don't understand why.

When I see the info for bonuses from a particular building, if the info says there is a bonus from cotton, for example, does that cotton have to worked by that city, or will the bonus still apply if I am importing cotton from another civ?

Thanks for any answers!

@Conqueror Worm :

- if you go to the game options screen, there should be some settings for closing the city/tech screen after clicking. I think it comes from EUI

- yes, villages are boosted if built on a road connecting 2 cities and get additional boost when a trade route is passing through them. You can check the yields of different villages when you mouse over them and get a tooltips

Last edited:
How to stop city screen from automatically moving to the next city or unit so that I can press alt in order to add buildings to that city's production que?

This happens when you click the production button in the bottom right.
If you click direct on the city you can add to queue.
Alternatively it you click arrow left/right it will behave as if you clicked direct on the city.
Sometimes the auto city swap is nice and sometimes its quite annoying.

IGE works fine for me.
I can't see policies or the tech tree. If I click on the city I can see the buildings, GP etc. but then when I click on any other city I always see the same city, the first one I clicked

What's the build/tech order for an early rush?

btw anybody experienced this problem where they can bully city states from the moment you meet them, the tribute is super minimal? Although after some turns it balances out

btw anybody experienced this problem where they can bully city states from the moment you meet them, the tribute is super minimal? Although after some turns it balances out

It's not a bug, tributing works this way now. You can bully much easier but to get reasonable yields you have to build stronger military (+ other factors).
Some argue that the way fhis works is not ideal, however.

Top Bottom