1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

Are instant yields counted when calculating unhappiness? I.e can I expect to suffer less illiteracy unhappiness if I'm playing as Russia and heavily invest into border popping.

2. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

they are not, only your constant yields are used

Recursive, vyyt and Akbarthegreat like this.
  3. Marviellac

Marviellac Chieftain

They were quite a few fixes since then. I'm playing 5-17 version but there might have been more in the last weeks.

Edit: new version coming soon ;)

4. Arbi

Arbi Chieftain

I don't see the threads for it here in the forum though.. weird. Did the location for the patch announcements change?

5. Marviellac

Marviellac Chieftain

These are usually small fixes and they don't make a new thread for every single thing they modify ;) You have to either follow the 4-17 thread or check on github.

vyyt likes this.
  6. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

How does it not work? It's been working for me. Also you can see what they're policies are just normally.

vyyt likes this.
  7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

No, the latest official beta is still 4-17. @Recursive and @ilteroi made updates to diplomacy and settling logic (sorry if I forgot anything else) while @Gazebo was busy IRL. I think they posted the updated core somewhere in this thread and GitHub, but I think you can stick to this 4-17 until @Gazebo releases the official new version the usual way.

Marviellac likes this.
  8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Are you pretty sure? I am pretty sure that vassalizing is enough ;-)

9. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

I'm pretty sure it isn't though it probably should be. But then again if you've captured every capital and the only capital left is a vassal's capital, you've basically already won, no need for the victory screen popup...

CppMaster likes this.
  10. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Oh ok, name must have mislead me. So Continents must be te most standard map, because Pangea might not be a good map for Civs that like water.

11. andersw

andersw King

Yes I am, vassal is not to control capital.
    (You didnt need capital in Civ4 and this have been up to the occational discussion on the forums.)

Spoiler :

upload_2020-6-13_18-54-58.png

12. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

IGE works fine for me.

Current beta is still 4-17-2, until Gazebo posts a new version.

ilteroi and I often post improvements to AI logic and other things on Github, and occasionally a new "unofficial version" is posted on a Github issue or on the forum with more recent interim fixes, but these aren't official betas and require replacing some of the most recent version's files.

I'm pretty sure vassals don't count, but I remember winning once when my allied CS captured the last player's capital...

13. avl8

avl8 Prince

Guys, how can I get maximum yields out of my trade routes?
    What does diversity mean? (a trade route thingy mentioned in some UA)

14. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Trade route overview lets you sort by yields. You can access it by clicking on the Trade Routes icon on the top bar.

Resource diversity: if your city has more resources than the other city, you get a resource diversity bonus (%) to Gold earned. If your city has less resources than the other city, you get a resource diversity penalty (%) to Gold earned.

15. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

What is the command to reveal the whole map? I modified the difficulty file to give AI an additional warrior at start but not sure it works properly.

Thanks

16. vyyt

vyyt Deity

You can use the Ingame Editor (IGE) mod.

Zuizgond likes this.
  17. Conqueror Worm

Conqueror Worm Warlord

How to stop city screen from automatically moving to the next city or unit so that I can press alt in order to add buildings to that city's production que?

I am using the EUI with Vox Populai. I know that if I go into a city and hold alt I can add many building to the production que. However, when I am prompted during play that production is complete in any particular city, and I then press that pop-up and am taken to that city screen, and then click on a building to add to the city production que, the game automatically then sends me to the next city or unit. I can't figure out how to stop the mofo from moving automatically to the next screen, so therefore I cannot use the press and hold alt method to add more buildings to that production que. Can anyone help please?

Also, is there a good guide for Vox Populai somewhere? At the moment I am trying to fathom the best place to put villages. I read somewhere that along trade routes may be best, but I don't understand why.

When I see the info for bonuses from a particular building, if the info says there is a bonus from cotton, for example, does that cotton have to worked by that city, or will the bonus still apply if I am importing cotton from another civ?

Thanks for any answers!

18. vyyt

vyyt Deity

@Conqueror Worm :

- if you go to the game options screen, there should be some settings for closing the city/tech screen after clicking. I think it comes from EUI

- yes, villages are boosted if built on a road connecting 2 cities and get additional boost when a trade route is passing through them. You can check the yields of different villages when you mouse over them and get a tooltips

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  19. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Is there a way to make the minimap bigger? I'm on a 1440p screen and it's sort of tucked away into the corner.

20. andersw

andersw King

This happens when you click the production button in the bottom right.
    If you click direct on the city you can add to queue.
    Alternatively it you click arrow left/right it will behave as if you clicked direct on the city.
    Sometimes the auto city swap is nice and sometimes its quite annoying.