1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. 10101100

10101100 Chieftain

I can't see policies or the tech tree. If I click on the city I can see the buildings, GP etc. but then when I click on any other city I always see the same city, the first one I clicked

What's the build/tech order for an early rush?

2. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

btw anybody experienced this problem where they can bully city states from the moment you meet them, the tribute is super minimal? Although after some turns it balances out

InkAxis likes this.
  3. Marviellac

Marviellac Chieftain

It's not a bug, tributing works this way now. You can bully much easier but to get reasonable yields you have to build stronger military (+ other factors).
    Some argue that the way fhis works is not ideal, however.

4. Phosphoraptor

Phosphoraptor Chieftain

Do railroad connections have any benefit over roads other than train stations and mobility?

5. chn398

chn398 Chieftain

Where can I find the UI package or settings to change the unit promotion displayed on top of unit, instead of left down side corner ? I always can't find my best one among the hundreds of units

6. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

They give +1 :c5production: and :c5gold: to Villages and Towns, on top of Road bonus, if I remember correctly.

vyyt likes this.
  7. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Is there a way to improve turn times? I'm approaching late game on a game with 8 civs and turn times are already dragging somewhat. How much of an effect does processor have on this game? Can it utilise more cores? My current laptop which I'm using now has i5-8300H @ 2.3GHz, but my which I hope to use soon has a Ryzen 3600X six-core 4.4GHz. Will I see a noticable improvement? I really want to play a large or huge map, but these turn times really put me off.

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Look for Promotion Flags EUI in the stickied mod compatibility thread. (Note that it works only with EUI)

9. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

The Quick Turns mod speeds up turn times substantially and should be used at all times.

Due to Civ 5's limitations as a 32-bit program it cannot effectively use multiple cores or use more than 4 GB of RAM. Blame Firaxis. The Mac version has been upgraded to 64-bit but is incompatible with VP.

Akbarthegreat, salty mud and vyyt like this.
  10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

i did notice markedly increased turn times when I upgraded my computer. Also using strategic mode speeds up the late game

11. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I can't thank you enough for suggesting that mod. The difference is night and day.

Akbarthegreat, vyyt and Recursive like this.
  12. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

When I'm popular or influential over another civ, and we have different ideologies, they are supposed to suffer a happiness hit right? If I remember correctly, in vanilla civ5, civs used to be forced to different ideologies to avoid this unhappiness. Has this feature been removed? I've played two games in which I aimed for a cultural victory, and in both games no civ seemed too unhappy or switched ideologies despite me being influential over them.

13. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

If they have enough other sources of happiness they can survive with their ideology, if I'm not mistaken. Vanilla AI is notoriously terrible at happiness management.

14. vyyt

vyyt Deity

What is "Vassal Maintenance"? I have got myself 2 vassals for birthday and suddenly noticed my GPT plummeted. At first, I thought I had built too many new units, but then I found out in the economic overview that I was paying 170 GPT to my vassals.

A related question: is it normal to have GPT problems in the modern era? I missed corporations, but I am even not at max unit supply cap. In the past, I was usually swimming in gold in the late game.

15. Bordukov

Bordukov Chieftain

Hello everyone!
    I have quite often crashes the game, due to problems with icons in the game.
    perhaps there is some reason?
    who has experienced this?

if you already have a separate thread-please throw a link

16. Drakle

Drakle King

Is there any reason, like bonuses to conquer City-States outside of getting that city in your empire. Which I've never had cause for because there are normally better spots and city-states bonuses and quests are too good to get rid of. So far I've only liberated city-states, but a lot of players have mentioned taking them, and a number of the AI can't seem to keep their hands off them.

Also, does anybody have the turn numbers for the Mayan Great Count, on Epic Speed.

vyyt likes this.
  17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

How do you know the crashes are related to icons? And what kind of problems with icons do you have? And which version of VP are you playing?

It seems some people are experiencing crashed with the very latest beta in the very early game.

18. Bordukov

Bordukov Chieftain

VP Official Version - June 19th (6-19)
    Yes - "crashed with the very latest beta in the very early game"

I looked at the threads on Github and I think I found a similar problem...
    while lowered Directx from 11 to 9
    I made more than 100 moves and I don't see any problems yet.
    if they reappear, I'll let you know

vyyt likes this.
  19. Gizmoman

Gizmoman Chieftain

Don't quote me on this, but I think the Long Count is based on years passing, which doesn't translate into turns as turns are worth different amount of years throughout the game.

20. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

If I convert all the cities of a foreign religion to my religion (including the holy city), is that religion dead forever? Or can it get back by some means?

Im pretty sure it worked like this in vanilla civ5 at least, which made it very beneficial to beeline mathematics.