1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Pill

Pill Chieftain

Quick update. Just finished this game on Emperor as Shoshone, winning diplomatically and snowballing after getting a couple of vassals. There was decent gap from my #1 on scoreboard to my vassal Genghis' #2. Even as I steamrolled the rest of the map he never requested liberation even though he could've (he turned out to have a much larger army and even more cities than I had after swallowing Russia!), and also stayed a vassal even when the entire world started hating me (Genghis included) from snowballing. I guess it's a good thing I targeted him and vassalized him early and quick!

vyyt likes this.
  2. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

I'll have to examine this.

Pill likes this.
  3. Lethal Llama

Lethal Llama Chieftain

What's the formula for religious pressure in a city? Do roads help increase pressure by effectively reducing range (like trade routes)? Doesn't the faith generation of a city increase its main religion's pressure?

4. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Prince

I get this in VP with no other mods sometimes, often very early. I think it's one of the possible bonuses for meeting a militaristic CS first.

vyyt and InkAxis like this.
  5. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Yes.

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Less than 6 steps gets full pressure. Between 6 and some figure I don't remember, pressure is dampened, according to step distance.
    Building roads makes your steps go further.

The pressure that emanates from a city is a function of the faith generated in the city, and distributed upon the relative presence of each religion. For example, if your city generates 12 faith and it has 3 people following religion A and 6 people following religion B, it will generate 4 pressure for religion A and 8 pressure for religion B.

vyyt and Lethal Llama like this.
  7. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Check this out, Poland:

Is this normal? He built 3 wonders at the same day!

Attached Files:

8. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

It's possible if he has at least 3 cities, but it's unlikely.

9. Lethal Llama

Lethal Llama Chieftain

Thanks for the reply and example. Could you go a little more in depth? Do you add or multiply a religious building's religious pressure increase? And if I also have Orthodoxy - same thing?

10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Read the building or the belief description. If it is plain faith, it is added to the base pressure, if it is a percentage, it is multiplied by the previous faith yield. If it says it reaches farther away, it means that the dampening function is less severe, but in any case, religious pressure does not reach by sea. If you want to exert pressure seawards, you can use trade routes and spies with the proper belief.

11. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Basically Poland snowballed like insane, by 10 techs and 7~ policies above all. Playing on Immortal Epic. I dont think it is a good balance to have a civ snowball that hard... Poland havent fought I think even 1 war.

12. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Are atom bombs intercepted by basic missile units? I reloaded about 10~ times and each time my bomb is killed by the city.

Also, is reloading from in-game suggested or I should return to the menu?

Attached Files:

13. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Are you sure your bomb are actually killed? They may just disappear, like planes do in current patch, because of a bug. It's fixed now, but not released yet.

14. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Definitely experienced planes disappears. But this time the bomb is killed by the city it says. The city has strategic bunker but it says only 50% of the time it disarms the bomb; I reloaded about 10 times... :(

15. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

There is an option somewhere, like "random seed". It may result in always returning the same value given the situation. Try to launch the bomb on the next turn. Or move it to another city, then move it back and then launch. I'm not sure when the game will consider this situation as different..

16. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Thanks <3! Reloading from the same game is not problematic right? I remember some years ago it was said that we need to return to the menu to reload

17. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

I don't have any problems with reloading. Maybe it was a problem in the past.

Valvts likes this.
  18. Phosphoraptor

Phosphoraptor Chieftain

Stone Works can only be built with the needed improvement within 2 tiles of city instead of 3, is this intended?

19. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Is a different city in your empire working that stone works tile? Trying going into city view and making sure the city you want to have stone works has control of that tile.

Do you have the policy that disallows liberation (I believe it's Iron fist)?

20. 10101100

10101100 Chieftain

what's the warscore needed for the aztec golden age?