1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Does a tribute from a city state cancels all quests that the city state gives?

2. avl8

avl8 Prince

What are the strongest corporations for diplomatic victory?

3. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Yes. You can still gain Influence for killing Barbarians near them or giving them units to support them in a war, however.

CppMaster likes this.
  4. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

What is that approval statistics? It has always been one of the main mysteries of the series for me.

5. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Approval = Happiness

Cokolwiek likes this.
  6. 10101100

10101100 Chieftain

That still seems weird, even if unhappiness is capped by population, having more actual unhappiness than pop makes no sense to me

7. avl8

avl8 Prince

Does any1 know? Or at least, what corporations are well suited to achieve diplomatic victory?

8. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

None of them are really for specific victories, like some many give you culture, science, growth, etc. But they don't give you WC votes so it's not really like that, it's about what your empire generally needs.

9. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Maybe the ones that give you gold or production to make diplomats faster

10. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

Goddamn if religion isn't impossible to get on higher difficulties. All gone by t94 on standard (so like 600 BC?) despite having 20 FPT and investing in every shrine in 4/5 cities. fudge me for not building shrines before monuments in all my cities going tradition, I guess. Love this mod but sometimes IGE must be a companion mod to counter the cheating.

11. Phosphoraptor

Phosphoraptor Chieftain

Does the production bonus towards wonders from Communism count towards Public Works since it is also under "Wonders"?

12. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

No.

13. stii

stii Prince

Is there a full change list between the old version and the new version that just came out. I can only see the latest incremental change from betas.

14. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

What is the actual mechanic of the greatly increased tourism technologies? How exactly does it affect tourism?

15. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

What should I pick for my second policy tree? I'm running Korea (so planning on a science victory), tall but didn't found (so fealty is out?), statecraft would be useful since I have about double as much gpt as my neighbors thanks to silk, gold, and amber being abundant in my territory, and artistry would be useful for GPP to synergize with Korea's UA, but I don't really care about great works or tourism. Seems like there's an argument for all three.

16. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

I would go for artistry, mainly for GPP, but golden ages and culture are nice addition too.

17. Drakle

Drakle Prince

Artistry opener
    • 25% Great Person rates in all cities and production boost for building guilds
    And then filling out Statecraft works. Statecraft is fairly key for tall since it provides strategic resources.

18. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

Check how many city-states allies you have and assess how many you could possible have in the future and how unlikely those are to be attacked by the AI because it likes to swallow CS later in the game. If they are at least 4 or 5 alliances that you could reliably maintain throughout the game, and at least 3 at any given point, you should go statecraft, even forgoing artistry opener. It's strong sure, but I think its better to just finish statecraft as soon as you can and dive into rationalism. It also looks better to be committed to three full tress instead of mixing.

19. Pill

Pill Chieftain

Has anyone ever had an AI vassal request liberation?
    Genghis Khan is my vassal and after some joint wars he's managed to conquer the entirety of Russia on his continent. He's now eligible for liberation with a huge army and I'm a bit nervous...

vyyt likes this.
  20. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

Seconded. I've had vassals but it seems they never ask for liberation. Maybe something for Recursive to look at?

Also, I recently met a militaristic CS, and it gifted me a Pathfinder when I met it. Like how other CS give gold, culture, etc for meeting them. Is that normal? I had a couple mods loaded but I don't think any of them do that so I'm asking just to make sure.