Quick Questions / Quick Answers

What is that approval statistics? It has always been one of the main mysteries of the series for me.

Cannot check the exact wording in-game right now, but when you hover over the unhappiness in the left city panel, it should display a breakdown with something like "10 unhappy from Poverty capped to 9 by population" for each cause of happiness.

Which by the way means that if you build a building decreasing poverty by 1, you will still have 9 poverty. And if the next cause of unhappiness is - let's say - 3 from illiteracy capped to 0 by population and you build another building decreasing poverty by 1, you will get 8 from Poverty and 1 from Illiteracy (so still 9 unhappy in total).

That still seems weird, even if unhappiness is capped by population, having more actual unhappiness than pop makes no sense to me

Goddamn if religion isn't impossible to get on higher difficulties. All gone by t94 on standard (so like 600 BC?) despite having 20 FPT and investing in every shrine in 4/5 cities. fudge me for not building shrines before monuments in all my cities going tradition, I guess. Love this mod but sometimes IGE must be a companion mod to counter the cheating.

Does the production bonus towards wonders from Communism count towards Public Works since it is also under "Wonders"?

Is there a full change list between the old version and the new version that just came out. I can only see the latest incremental change from betas.

What is the actual mechanic of the greatly increased tourism technologies? How exactly does it affect tourism?

What should I pick for my second policy tree? I'm running Korea (so planning on a science victory), tall but didn't found (so fealty is out?), statecraft would be useful since I have about double as much gpt as my neighbors thanks to silk, gold, and amber being abundant in my territory, and artistry would be useful for GPP to synergize with Korea's UA, but I don't really care about great works or tourism. Seems like there's an argument for all three.

What should I pick for my second policy tree? I'm running Korea (so planning on a science victory), tall but didn't found (so fealty is out?), statecraft would be useful since I have about double as much gpt as my neighbors thanks to silk, gold, and amber being abundant in my territory, and artistry would be useful for GPP to synergize with Korea's UA, but I don't really care about great works or tourism. Seems like there's an argument for all three.
I would go for artistry, mainly for GPP, but golden ages and culture are nice addition too.

Artistry opener
  • 25% Great Person rates in all cities and production boost for building guilds
And then filling out Statecraft works. Statecraft is fairly key for tall since it provides strategic resources.

Check how many city-states allies you have and assess how many you could possible have in the future and how unlikely those are to be attacked by the AI because it likes to swallow CS later in the game. If they are at least 4 or 5 alliances that you could reliably maintain throughout the game, and at least 3 at any given point, you should go statecraft, even forgoing artistry opener. It's strong sure, but I think its better to just finish statecraft as soon as you can and dive into rationalism. It also looks better to be committed to three full tress instead of mixing.

Has anyone ever had an AI vassal request liberation?
Genghis Khan is my vassal and after some joint wars he's managed to conquer the entirety of Russia on his continent. He's now eligible for liberation with a huge army and I'm a bit nervous...

Genghis Khan is my vassal and after some joint wars he's managed to conquer the entirety of Russia on his continent. He's now eligible for liberation with a huge army and I'm a bit nervous...
Seconded. I've had vassals but it seems they never ask for liberation. Maybe something for Recursive to look at?

Also, I recently met a militaristic CS, and it gifted me a Pathfinder when I met it. Like how other CS give gold, culture, etc for meeting them. Is that normal? I had a couple mods loaded but I don't think any of them do that so I'm asking just to make sure.

Quick update. Just finished this game on Emperor as Shoshone, winning diplomatically and snowballing after getting a couple of vassals. There was decent gap from my #1 on scoreboard to my vassal Genghis' #2. Even as I steamrolled the rest of the map he never requested liberation even though he could've (he turned out to have a much larger army and even more cities than I had after swallowing Russia!), and also stayed a vassal even when the entire world started hating me (Genghis included) from snowballing. I guess it's a good thing I targeted him and vassalized him early and quick!

Quick update. Just finished this game on Emperor as Shoshone, winning diplomatically and snowballing after getting a couple of vassals. There was decent gap from my #1 on scoreboard to my vassal Genghis' #2. Even as I steamrolled the rest of the map he never requested liberation even though he could've (he turned out to have a much larger army and even more cities than I had after swallowing Russia!), and also stayed a vassal even when the entire world started hating me (Genghis included) from snowballing. I guess it's a good thing I targeted him and vassalized him early and quick!

I'll have to examine this.

What's the formula for religious pressure in a city? Do roads help increase pressure by effectively reducing range (like trade routes)? Doesn't the faith generation of a city increase its main religion's pressure?

Top Bottom