1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Vhozite

Vhozite Warlord

Is this something I can edit on my end? It’d be nice if I could still send a Civ into chaos with city revolts and barbs from unhappiness even if I have no actual intention of fully conquering them.

Skidizzle likes this.
  2. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

I can add an SQL value for that, sure.

Skidizzle, Vhozite and Chaste like this.
  3. Unique

Unique Chieftain

Yes, you're right, he just did. So it brought him in one turn the equivalent of 5 or 6 units, so around 300 production.

Thanks !

vyyt likes this.
  4. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

What does blockading a city do and how do you achieve it?

5. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

The city won't heal, and you can achieve it by surrounding the city with your units (every city-adjacent tile is occupied by your units). Land - naval units mix works (in case the city is coastal), so does multiple civilizations mix if they are at war with the city owner (e.g. you occupy 3 tiles, your ally who is also at war occupy the remaining 3 tiles).
    Just came to my mind what happens if one of the tiles is Mountain, maybe then it cannot be put under full blockade, I don't know (except for Incas maybe?). Will test it when a situation as such arises (and I'll remember it lol).

vyyt and Heinz_Guderian like this.
  6. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Revolutionist, mountains count as an occupied unit, so if the city is surrounded by 3 mountain tiles and three normal tiles, it can be blockaded by occupying the 3 normal tiles.

In addition to city not healing, you also get +20% bonus when attacking a blockaded city.

vyyt, Chaste and Heinz_Guderian like this.
  7. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Ahh, that's nice! So it's even stronger than I knew. Thanks for the extra information! :)

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  8. Recursive

BALANCE_WAR_WEARINESS_POPULATION_CAP (default value 25%) has been added to NationalHappiness.sql for next version.

9. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I think there's also something about the sea tiles. I think you do not need to place a ship on every sea tile next to a city. I think it is something like creating a naval ZOC around the city or something like that. Do I remember correctly?

Regarding the land blockade, as you said, mountains count as blockaded tiles, but I think lakes tiles (neighboring the besieged city) are a bit problematic as you need to put a unit on them too ro blockade a city.

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  10. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I am not sure that I like this. Every city getting a bunch of units in 1 turn ...

11. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

naval units will block both their hex and the two hexes adjacent for the purpose of blockades

12. Dovaj

Dovaj Chieftain

Am I correct in understanding that I will have to add/remove some dependency ModIDs to various additional Civs ModInfo files in order to get them to work with the 43civ DLL? is it that simple?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  13. MIS

MIS Prince

If I have more culture than Science and open Fealty before I get to Medieval era on tech tree, can I vassalize others? Or do I need to get a Medieval era tech (e.g. Chivalry)

14. Recursive

You need to reach the Medieval Era.

15. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

If humans can't make more than 2 units on the same turn without Authority/Zealotry, why should the AI be able to?

vyyt likes this.
  16. Laz0r

Laz0r Chieftain

How do I remove the limit to the amount of cultural great person works that can be spawned in a game? I never recall ever having a limit to the amount of these works in much older versions, and now I'm being forced to bulb them in renaissance era every game.

17. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

They are not limited because of a code that prevents a certain number of spawning but the amount of great works in the game and this issue tends to be more profound in bigger maps with more players so the fixed number of great works is consumed earlier ... the latest beta added more great works so it should have reduced this.
    there are mods that add mkre great works but i'm not sure if they are compatible with VP or not.

vyyt likes this.
  18. Laz0r

Laz0r Chieftain

So wierd because I've always played huge maps with 20 players and never had the issue in a particular version from a year and a half ago. Thanks though

19. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

Although this is the way that great artists and musicians are also handled, it's more noticeable with great writers since every player gets a free great writer with the heroic epic and writers guild is available earlier that artists or musician.

20. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Is chopping supposed to give 0 production until bronzeworking?