Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I retract my statement of Great Generals being useless. I of course never meant it that harshly, but chosing that for faith purchases over Engineers or Writers?? Well I'm taking another look at this.

I'm doing a very war oriented game right now. And overabundance of citadel's certainly wouldn't hurt, however I chose Tradition. I like how the AI is a little more smart in VP and won't keep walking directly into citadels but they are certainly very useful. If you choose authority domination is most likely what your would be going for. So the great generals would probably be quite useful because in the end a cultural victory is not your goal...
Is this the game you mentioned before where you are playing Rome?

Rome gets crazy amounts of great generals as part of his bonuses. For normal civs you appreciate each general you get a lot more.

Is this the game you mentioned before where you are playing Rome?

Rome gets crazy amounts of great generals as part of his bonuses. For normal civs you appreciate each general you get a lot more.
Ha yes Rome. I actually thought about that after I went back to playing. Love those Coliseums.

In most games I try to avoid building citadels unless I really have to. I built one in this game but it's always a shame as you look back at them well inside your own territory. I'm considering building another one now which is what brought me here to chat again.

I caught the AI leave it's Great General laughably undefended twice this game. This time I can take him out with ranged attacks. Anything can be done to make them pretty much ALWAYS guard them?

Is there any way to bring back old scouting, when the opened terrain disappear as soon as I left it, rather than staying explored until the next turn? I really need it.

Can someone explain the Yield penalties in puppeted cities? I'm specifically looking at Martial Law in Imperialism and wondering what its effects are reducing yield penalties to 60% (from 80%)

One fix I think might help with this is stretching out coastlines a little bit further. I've never understood why the default algorithms of all the maps don't make coastlines extend out very far. If I recall the vanilla maps were even worse there would usually only be one space of coastline. To me the only reason for not allowing ships to enter ocean, it's just the aspect of separating the two continents for the first half of the game. You know, so there's a traditional new continent discovery around the Renaissance time. Other than that I see no real gameplay mechanic for it.
Although it is a viable solution, I have always (since civ II, really) been thinking about coastal tiles as those from where you can see the coast. So when early ships can't enter deep ocean it really means that they can't lose sight of the coast; without compass they wouldn't know where to sail. If we agree on that, then the width of the coastal tiles on the maps is not arbitrary but actually determined by the sight distance of the ships in-game.

oh god, please no!

I personally miss this feature in every other 4x game

Yes, I understand, but it could be a matter of 0 and 1 in one line of code, and I can easily make the changes myself. I need it for my personal and specific needs.

Is there a hotkey that will let me add something to the queue but not immediately leave the city area? I know when I finish a building and the system takes me to that city, I can leave the city and come back to fill the queue, but is there a hotkey that can do that?

Is there a hotkey that will let me add something to the queue but not immediately leave the city area? I know when I finish a building and the system takes me to that city, I can leave the city and come back to fill the queue, but is there a hotkey that can do that?

That, or leave us in the city until we exit the screen instead of forcing us out of it. I would much rather have the inconvenience of clicking the "x" in the city screen over having to remember which city I selected an item for so I can go back and finish the queue.

You can try turning off the Interface Option "Close Tech Tree City Screen" and see if you prefer it that way. I prefer the option off, but (IIRC) with it turned on it automatically takes you to the next city needing a build order and so you lose that functionality. For me, the ideal would be a button on the city screen to go to the next city needing a build order.

Yes, I understand, but it could be a matter of 0 and 1 in one line of code, and I can easily make the changes myself. I need it for my personal and specific needs.

Gazebo has previously said it was really difficult to implement, so it is likely really difficult to reverse as well.

What are the conditions for a coastal city to be able to build a work boat?

Spoiler :
In this city I can't :
upload_2021-5-12_22-29-30.png

Spoiler :
In this one I can :
upload_2021-5-12_22-28-17.png

Is this a bug, because I thought that the unhappiness could not exceed the population of the city

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    413.3 KB · Views: 29
Strange! Might just be a bug. Have you tried restarting? Also if you hover over the water tile connected to the city does it say coast or 'lake'?
The water tile is coast and reloading doesn't fix it.

Well you should be able to build one. Perhaps something to do with the city being right next to a ice
tile?
That is my guess too. Maybe if a city is adjacent to an ice tile, work boats cannot be built.

Top Bottom