1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Question about Puppeted cities & faith buildings. Do they ever get them, as I never see them do this, & in the end annex them to do so. What I mean are buildings for your religion or other civs, & from policies. Seems weird you are not able to buy these with faith like you can annexed cities.

2. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

They don't buy anything at this point. Also, what if you wanted to use the faith for something else? The city would randomly pull it from your pool and you may be upset.

3. stii

stii King

Well I assume the idea would be you can buy them in puppets like in normal cities. Yields would be cut down so I'm not sure it would be worth it but it would be an option.

Bryan317 likes this.
  4. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

That is what I mean. There doesn't seem to be a downside in annexing all cities, even if not straight away, which certainly didn't used to be like that. Must have been vanilla, where it was very problematic taking over to many cities direct, & would nearly always puppet them. Seems to have gone completely the other way.

5. Fusha

Fusha Chieftain

Will the new spy system work if I turn off events?

vyyt likes this.
  6. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

I agree. There's always debates over puppet verse annex. And I'm not getting a good example because I'm playing as Rome this game. But I can tell you, as Rome acquiring all the buildings, I'm seeing no reduction in my overall policy and technology turns to completion. And once resistance ends, I feel the overall progress has improved as opposed to puppeting the city. I did not take the imperialism policy that improves puppets however. I would not be opposed to occupied cities having incurable unhappiness. Perhaps an even more extreme amount before a courthouse is built. This would make the process of puppeting much more essential.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    tommytoxen likes this.
  7. stii

stii King

Yes.

vyyt and Fusha like this.
  8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Is it intended that when an incan unit goes from flat land to a hill that is across a river, that the incan unit ignores the river cross penalty?

9. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

IIRC the language is "units ignore terrain costs when moving into any tile with Hills", so yes.

10. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

What happens if I capture a city-state, where another civ has established their embassy? I know they lose their +1 vote from the embassy, but do I get that embassy vote?

And what if this city-state is captured by another city-state, one that I am allied to? Is that embassy vote still lost for the other civ?

11. psparky

psparky Prince

I believe you only gain embassy votes by eliminating the original builder from the game. If any civ has captured a CS the vote disappears, but the embassy tile is quite nice.

If another CS captures a CS only one embassy can be built in their lands. If both Cs's already have embassies my expectation is that only one vote is awarded.

12. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

Pretty sure this isn't true. But now I got to fire up my game to be sure lol You get them from occupying the city state don't you? Or has this changed?

13. psparky

psparky Prince

Apart from the last point, about multiple embassies in one CS's land due to conquest, I fairly confident that the other points were correct at one time. Also, a quick search of change logs didn't find any changes.

If you do any testing (and be aware that some categories of votes are only updated at the start of a turn), please let us know what you find :)

14. frktest

frktest Chieftain

With the Byzantium's UA I can choose any belief, also if already chosen by other players; I would like to know if it is true the reverse, if a belief already chosen by Byzantium yet can be chosen by other players

Chaste likes this.
  15. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

No.

Chaste likes this.
  16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

When you gift units to a CS by sending them into the CS border and gifting, you can do it multiple times. However, is there any limit to gifting that way? I'm no longer able to gift to a CS through that method and I'm seeing if its an intended cooldown or a bug.

17. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

You are 100% correct.

Chaste, psparky and CrazyG like this.
  18. Fusha

Fusha Chieftain

I'm getting a massive -75% production penalty when building units due to happiness, but my happiness is at 45%, which isn't that bad. What am I missing?

Attached Files:

19. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

War Weariness?

Fusha likes this.
  20. Fusha

Fusha Chieftain

That was it, thanks