Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I've come back to the mod after a long while and I just wanted to say that I like how the minefield is designed. It made capturing a city with the navy difficult, but it was a nice puzzle to figure out how I had to enter in the territory and navigating around with the deep sea tile penalty (not that there's too much of a penalty)

Are there special triggers to be affected by the plague? Diety player if that matters. I noticed in my last 2 playthroughs that it seems to hit me just as a connect a internal food route to my capitol. Maybe it's just a coincidence that this happens at the same time I'm prepped to do this. Or the game knows that once I connect 2 of these to my Tradition capitol... I just won.

When I click the names of city states, the city state screen doesn't show up. It does show up when I first meet them, but I can not get it to open again, even through the diplomacy screen.

Things I tried:
  1. Reinstalling Vox Populi without EUI
  2. Trying both DirectX versions
  3. Reloading save
  4. Trying with just Vox Populi enabled
  5. Reinstalling the game
  6. Clearing cache and databases
When I start a new vanilla game, the city state screen works perfectly.

Playing with:
  1. Vox Populi without EUI,
  2. Ingame Editor+ (already tried without)

Attachments

• Nebuchadnezzar II_0040 BC-2400.Civ5Save
    547.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Logs.rar
    8.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Bug is fixed.

Moderator Action: Moved posts to QQ/QA.

What in the world was the play here aside from going authority? Just admit defeat and reroll the start?
I got squished on an isthmus between 3 authority civs, one of whom started right on top of my monopoly luxury. I still managed to found the first religion and went goddess of protection but just got completely rolled by Songhai anyway.
There are tons of open islands that no one can reach, so I assume I just got screwed by the worldgen this time.

Attachments

• 20231228084509_1.jpg
    20231228084509_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • 20231228084517_1.jpg
    20231228084517_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Ya that looks like a bad start to me. Out of curiosity when you say you were steamrolled by songhai are you saying he conquered your cities?

What map and settings did you use?

Also if you have a initial start save i wouldnt mind seeing how I would have done :).

I bailed on the game when he took Vatican City. As Songhai's only enemy with a frontier city on flat ground and no city state buffer, I didn't feel like trying to live any longer knowing that Persia would declare again in ~8 turns anyway. Didn't feel like I had enough supply to fight a 2 front war that early in the game. Maybe if I'd held out for a great general I could've made it work.
I've attached the initial save as well as a save from the last turn I played

Vox Pop v4.2.7
Communitu_71a v2.7.0
Emperor Difficulty

Sometimes I just get stuck in situations like this when I want to play progress and in extreme cases even tradition turtling doesn't seem to cut it

Attachments

• 0ldAutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    245.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 0ldAutoSave_0112 BC-0075.Civ5Save
    696.7 KB · Views: 4
Personally I'd restart a game where I'm playing a peaceful civ and am surrounded by early game warmongers. At the end of the day even if you go authority you're not gonna be a match for two civs ganging up on you with AI bonuses + strong UUs + UA military bonuses.

Personally I'd restart a game where I'm playing a peaceful civ and am surrounded by early game warmongers. At the end of the day even if you go authority you're not gonna be a match for two civs ganging up on you with AI bonuses + strong UUs + UA military bonuses.
Really depends on the difficulty i'm accustomed to, I win every Immortal game so a game like this would be a nice challenge for me, but Deity? i'd restart instantly

I bailed on the game when he took Vatican City. As Songhai's only enemy with a frontier city on flat ground and no city state buffer, I didn't feel like trying to live any longer knowing that Persia would declare again in ~8 turns anyway. Didn't feel like I had enough supply to fight a 2 front war that early in the game. Maybe if I'd held out for a great general I could've made it work.
I've attached the initial save as well as a save from the last turn I played

Vox Pop v4.2.7
Communitu_71a v2.7.0
Emperor Difficulty

Sometimes I just get stuck in situations like this when I want to play progress and in extreme cases even tradition turtling doesn't seem to cut it
Nice. Im going to test out the ai on your most rwcwnt save. I find them to be a little weak in their willingness to take player cities. So this will be a good opportunity to see how they act.

Does anyone else have an issue with 4.4.1 where buildings from multiple different mods just don't appear? I have this across multiple mods, yet strangely it doesn't apply to steam workshop mods. Is there an easy fix to this, and can it be rectified mid-game? I have seen one other with this issue and would like to know if its just me or something wider.

There're 8 players in a standard map and only 1 of them can win the game. Even if you are able to fight off another aggressive AI, building units and military infrastructures early is costly, and will make you fall behind with other AI.

What's the difference between an AI being Neutral or Afraid? Someone that is afraid of me did the insult "Give your enemy my regards" and I said you'll pay for this in time. They are reset to Neutral. Isn't Afraid better? Just curious.

There're 8 players in a standard map and only 1 of them can win the game. Even if you are able to fight off another aggressive AI, building units and military infrastructures early is costly, and will make you fall behind with other AI.
Not sure what this is in regards to. But you can leverage early units and military infrustructure to your benefit. Units can demand tribute, clear barbs/camps for gold science culture. Certain pantheons boost baracks yields. Etc.

Not sure what this is in regards to. But you can leverage early units and military infrustructure to your benefit. Units can demand tribute, clear barbs/camps for gold science culture. Certain pantheons boost baracks yields. Etc.
I've come to appreciate the aggressive method for CS. The amount of tribute that can be obtained can be insane. In fact it seems like alot, but it is somewhat on par with taking the time to aquire friendship to gain free culture or happiness. I basically made 2 rounds immediately in this playthrough before trying to gain CS friends. I've seen 1,500+ gold early in the game. Before making an all out attack/annexation I got around 3,000 tribute before attacking (This is almost broken lol)

I've come to appreciate the aggressive method for CS. The amount of tribute that can be obtained can be insane. In fact it seems like alot, but it is somewhat on par with taking the time to aquire friendship to gain free culture or happiness. I basically made 2 rounds immediately in this playthrough before trying to gain CS friends. I've seen 1,500+ gold early in the game. Before making an all out attack/annexation I got around 3,000 tribute before attacking (This is almost broken lol)
WAs that in the most recent update? Because it has been nerfed. You can still get some pretty good tribute but it isnt as absurd as it has been.

WAs that in the most recent update? Because it has been nerfed. You can still get some pretty good tribute but it isnt as absurd as it has been.
I'm playing the latest stable. Huge, Marathon. Has the beta nerfed it? It's a bit absurd. Even in the beginning when I could get a few hundred I considered that a better deal then the chance I make a friend. That was a fair choice. But as it grew to obscene amounts later on I felt like I was exploiting.

I'm playing the latest stable. Huge, Marathon. Has the beta nerfed it? It's a bit absurd. Even in the beginning when I could get a few hundred I considered that a better deal then the chance I make a friend. That was a fair choice. But as it grew to obscene amounts later on I felt like I was exploiting.
Yep it has been nerfed. Its noticably less absurd but i havnt had a ton of playtesting yet in future eras.

in the stable version i basically always went authority because the tributing was so strong. And the absurdity exponentially scaled in future eras.

Top Bottom