Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Not sure what this is in regards to. But you can leverage early units and military infrustructure to your benefit. Units can demand tribute, clear barbs/camps for gold science culture. Certain pantheons boost baracks yields. Etc.
Yes if playing a civilzation with strong early UU, just pick authority and conquer nearby AI. But if it's AI around you which have strong early UU, playing defensively is a bit painful. Having to keep up with the size of your neighbour's army and fortrify them in the border for the inevitable war .

I'm not sure if theres an easy answer. But why would Gandhi suddenly give me 1410 gold out of the kindness of his heart? Leaving himself only 445. He's on the other side of the world. I'm in 3rd place he's in 5th place. We're friends and I do happen to have a diplomat making introductions but that's going to take 13 more turns. But it seems excessive lol

Rebels dont spawn if you raze the city after the war, once you peace out, right? if you dont want to fight the rebels, is there any downside to make the city a puppet and then, after the war, raze it? is the warmonger penalty for razing the city during peace time bigger? Thanks!

Rebels dont spawn if you raze the city after the war, once you peace out, right? if you dont want to fight the rebels, is there any downside to make the city a puppet and then, after the war, raze it? is the warmonger penalty for razing the city during peace time bigger? Thanks!
Guess I never thought of it because I barely raze cities. A quick test implies that rebels won't spawn. But sorry it will take 18 turns for me to raze my smallest city to the ground so I can't fully test lol

You'd have to be stretched really thin if you can't deal with rebels. They are only barbarian level. But in all honesty I don't see anything wrong with doing it as you suggested.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Carthage UB, Great Cothon. Specifically get a copy of each resource? Just built it and can see no changes

It's the same as East India Company, doubling all luxury count owned by the city.

I'm unable to load a saved game i started earlier, getting the message that i dont have all mods installed (load button blacked out, "Not all required mods installed"). Im loading exactly the same mods before hand though, seems very odd. Any ideias?

1704586432383.png
mods im using

Tried playing without it enabled. Its very odd. Even in game, I can quick save and then it doesn't let me load my own quick save while im in game, saying not all required mods are attached :(

The game itself, with all mods, seems to be working fine

Seems to be something with the englignment era and future era mods. With those enabled, i cant load any save. Without them, it works

Do authority civs cheat in culture? On a world with no barbarians enabled, I would think that authority would be terrible. Yet the authority civs have no problem keeping pace or even outpacing the progress/tradition civs.

Do authority civs cheat in culture? On a world with no barbarians enabled, I would think that authority would be terrible. Yet the authority civs have no problem keeping pace or even outpacing the progress/tradition civs.
Imperialism Opener: Gain culture when you kill units equal to 100% of its strength.

Imperium: Receive 40 science and culture when you found or conquer cities, scaling with era. Conquest bonus also scales based on city population.

Tribute: gain culture in capital equal to 25% of gold tribute demanded from city-states (50% if all authority policies are adopted)

Militarism: +1 Happiness and +2 Culture from Barracks.

Yea... they can keep up. You don't know what the AI is doing exactly. They could be demanding tribute all over the place. No barbarians may slow them down a bit. But this is just a small part of it really. Depending on your map size sometimes barbarians don't come around very often anyways. They may use Great writers for instant culture. Also depending on the difficulty level the AI gets free bonuses.

Do Public Works stack to improve security like they used to? This is my first save in 4.x.x and I remember they stacked in 3.9.x, which was the last version I played.

Anyway, I'm in the Renaissance and I can see I have a +25 modifier in the 'City Buildings' section, but I can't seem to improve it in any way, no matter how many Public Works I build. How do I up my Security?

I randomly rolled Spain and I'm wondering... Do their special building the Hacienda bonus apply to all resources that surrounds it? Food and Luxuries (Eg Rice and Gold) or....?

I'm
Do Public Works stack to improve security like they used to? This is my first save in 4.x.x and I remember they stacked in 3.9.x, which was the last version I played.

Anyway, I'm in the Renaissance and I can see I have a +25 modifier in the 'City Buildings' section, but I can't seem to improve it in any way, no matter how many Public Works I build. How do I up my Security?
I'm playing the most recent stable but forgive me, I haven't updated in almost 2 years. I don't see anything that says Public Works improve security. I think it would be a bit OP if they did. I'm in the modern era and some of my cities have five or six of these.

Public Works is supposed to give +5 security each.

You're right, it doesn't give the +5 security in the beta, that's a bug. Will be fixed in the next version.

Top Bottom