1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. DoctorDuke

DoctorDuke Chieftain

Thanks TU, Crazy, and BigCat; much appreciated.

2. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Authority policy that gives u food and gold for expanding borders... is it gives for getting a tile or just for an expanding borders? Cause in late game, when there is no tiles - does that policy works?
    The same question for God Of Expanse pantheon...

3. Funak

Funak Deity

Non-question really. As far as I know borders don't expand unless you have a tile to grab.

4. Zanteogo

Zanteogo Prince

Yup. If there is no where to expand to nothing happens. However on maps with large masses of water cities will expand pretty far out. (due to there not being cities on water to block the expansion) They will expand way past the useable tile area of a city.

5. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

Is it intended that for my "Goddess of Renewal"-Pantheon (the Forest/Jungle one), I get the yields if I work 2 jungle or 2 forest tiles, but not when working 1 forest and 1 jungle tile?

6. Funak

Funak Deity

Yes.

7. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

I'm running Infoaddict and IGE with my BNW game. Where can I find the info relating to the color of the hexes around the city? I'm sure the green ones are primary but I'm there is better information staring at me. I can't find anything that spells out what those things are, any help would be great. Thanks

8. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Don't know what you are talking about. In EUI the hexes you see when hovering over a city are green highlighted when the tile is being worked, purple bordered when the tile is selected for border expansion and green bordered when the tile is purchasable. Red when enemy units prevent the tile from being worked.

9. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Prince

Let's suppose that I'm the Shoshone and I spawn on a big stretch of flood plains. Cluster farms would make the growth of my city so powerful. Is it still better to build encampments?

10. Zanteogo

Zanteogo Prince

The buildings you get with religions, do their effects always work reguardless of what religion is currently dominate in that city?

So if you have two religions, could you replace one with the other (then possibly switch back to your dominate) to get the benefit of multiple sets of buildings?

11. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I'd have a triangle farm or two, but nothing else. Being able to expand big, while keeping your culture high and having a better defense is Shoshone's main feature.

12. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Yes, they add.

13. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

How do I reduce war weariness? I've already eliminated the civ, but the debuff is still there. Also, does city flipping drastically bring up the war weariness? It went up so much in those couple of turns when I had recapture a city like 3 times. Any reference other than Gazebos feb 27 patch post?

14. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

War Weariness is real-life war weariness. Just because you eliminated the civilization doesn't mean everything is all happy. Families are still distraught by their lost children and will be forced to remember for some time creating discontent for another war for you to start.

And especially a war zone where you have city-flipping creates the most war weariness as refugees are relocated to different spots and creating discontent.

15. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

But I need to tell my citizens to love the fresh air of burnt people. War fervor! I must rally the citizens for the happiness in genocide, its in the blood. Weariness will fade with swift and just action - through the knowledge of everything. I have explored the depths of git and lua, but to no avail. Time! I need time - give me a chance my citizens! I will save you of the very core of fear and in replacement: glory, clarity, and a cause!

vyyt likes this.
  16. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Except it doesn't work this way in the game. Lost population completely vanishes off the map, without refugees or resettlement. The amped up WW serves to resolve late-game/high difficulty war stagnancy, not to emulate real WW.

That said, you might rethink your combat strategy if you have 3 city recaptures, since in the end you have a city in shambles which will take forever to recover.

17. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

Yeah I didn't care about the city itself. The issue with it was that it was on the way to the capital, so I felt obliged to take it. The issue with this plan was that this city was on a coast. I'm sure this dilemma has to appear for everyone: with only land troops how do I deal with the dromons and triremes? So I just kept taking the city back with my horseman, move it back out and then retake it with the same horseman after them to kill their ships. Afterwards I mop the rest of the dromons with some promoted compbows. Its a bit cheesy, but I kind of hate dealing with ai civs with their personal inland seas.

Ah the city was damascus here, took all their cities afterwards:
    screenshotcity.PNG
    There is literally nothing in the city, but I think taking a city just for its strategic location is merit enough, no? Recovery of a city isn't that much of a priority.

Also in the same screenshot, I'm like at 30 unhappiness because I conquered too much and the war weariness won't go away after all this time! My lack of understanding of war weariness is making me very very sad atm. Oh the war weariness is only giving 10 unhappiness, but I'm like so close to getting back on track with courthouses that its not fun

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    vyyt likes this.
  18. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It's intended. Otherwise your domination games would end in an early turn without carpets of enemy units which we are trying to avoid.

19. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Ok, so how does he make the war weariness go away? Does he just have to wait it out after signing peace? Will it decrease linearly in time? Or is there a fixed period of WW after signing peace? (I have not had a chance to play the game since the WW changes)

20. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Ending a war cuts war weariness from that war in half (or so I heard). Then it's a matter of time, but I don't know the exact formula. It usually lasts until your recently conquered cities are pacified.

vyyt likes this.