1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Chieftain

That's disappointing information. :(

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

If you found, that's your priority religion.

G

3. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

guys, why reformation belief Crusader spirit doesnt apply on civ which follow diferent religion. it just apllies only on founders? i wish i would be able negate himedgi castle in Polynesia, Shosshoni UA and so on.they just follow.

4. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Founder beliefs only apply to... founders! Maybe usurpers, too.

5. Funak

Funak Chieftain

Well, this is a reformation belief :D

6. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

:lol: Yes, it seems I replied too fast.

Now, is it true? Reformations benefits only the founder, other than the spreading things? If I pick Knowledge through Devotion, other civs that follow my religion won't benefit? I never paid attention to this.

7. Greggy08

Greggy08 Chieftain

Reformation benefits only the founder.

8. regenshine

regenshine Chieftain

I can initiate caravan routes but no freighter routes to near city states in 9-2. What am I missing?

9. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

i pointed to fact, that reform ,, Crusader spirit'' just aply to founder civs. In my game, i didnt found rel, i took it from America, thats -1 faction which i will benefit. Shoshone had one, but i destroyed them before i reached 20% fro build religious wonder so another -1. Brazilians and Portuguese found religion, but was overran by Ethiopians and Iroquis. Im not sure if that 10 +10% combat bonus will aply on Brazils and Portugese in future, since they found, but have another religion majority, what makes them just followers. So i will benefit just from iroquis and Ethiopians bcoz anothers were impotent to guard their own religion. that is, regardless im gaining some culture and gold from it, little weak imo.

10. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

btw. what means resistance(domination) in combat modificator?

11. Galbias

Galbias Chieftain

Thank you!

In a recent game, Zulus captured several of Sweden's cities, I took their capital. Later, I tried to liberate one of the cities Sweden originally owned when I took it from the Zulus, but there was no option to liberate. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

http://i.imgur.com/vmflmSg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/o59Tbsh.jpg (post-capture)

It's a penalty you get for every capital you own, to make domination harder.

12. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

That's how its always worked, yeah, if you finish someone off, you can't revive them. I don't think the Capital part matters, just killer. Guess it could be a bug, but I've always assumed intended.

13. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

This summer I revived the Mayans after the Shoshone finished them off. Maybe if it's different if different parties are involved, but I tend to doubt it.

14. Greggy08

Greggy08 Chieftain

I think that if someone is dead, you can revive them only from The capital. Not sure though.

15. Galbias

Galbias Chieftain

I did indeed finish Sweden off. Doesn't make much difference in that game, I made the mistake of underestimating the amount of forward settled city spam the AI would do and several of my city connections ended up having to go through Celts territory, which I planned to fix eventually but I got stuck in a war with Shaka where he refused to talk peace even after I was about to take one of his cities, and then Celts declared war on me so I ended up having to fight a two-way war with half of my city connections broken. Liberating Sweden would have given me a nice buffer against Shaka on one side and eliminated some of my warmonger score but I still would've been in a pretty bad position. Good to know for the future though.

Screenshots?

16. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

I remember I couldnt even liberate conquered city states. Very annoying if you play vs mongols which can conquer every city on a water map with only 5 caravels. But this was some patches ago.

17. Greggy08

Greggy08 Chieftain

100% sure you actually can liberate CSs, even venice's ones.

18. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

guys i know how u love donky questions so i came with another. In Martial spirit tenet( autocracy) i get for 50 turns just that 25% attack bonus, or all that stuff is just for 50 turns.

19. Greggy08

Greggy08 Chieftain

Only The combat bonus.

20. Zares

Zares Chieftain

I have almost 1.5k hours in Civ and I'm still not sure about few things :D
    1. Golden Eras triggered by wonders, artists, policies, etc. aren't free, right? It means that if I don't focus on the culture victory, spending Great Artists for GE is a bad idea, because they give short GE and increase the cost of next GE, right?
    2. "Divine Right - Border growth is doubled in cities during Golden Ages and We Love the King Day. Temples generate +1 happiness." - how does it work? I never see a difference during GAges :/
    3. Does effect from Granary and Aqueduct stack with each other?
      And how does it work exactly? 15% of food is carried after a birth, but from the last turn? So is setting food focus and farming 1 turn before a new birth a good idea?​