1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Considering you need to adopt a religion to even purchase monastery. I would assume that's the same issue. It's a hardcoded bug as Gazebo said.

2. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

If I pledge to protect a city state, will it be immune to Mongolia's instant takeover ability? Just happened recently, in a war I liberated a City State from Mongolia, was its new Ally, made peace with Mongolia's master and the next turn it was Mongolia's city again. I just forgot to pledge to protect and to be honest, I forgot about Mongolia's ability...

3. Enginseer

Pledge to Protect makes it harder for them to force annex, but doesn't guaranteed protections against Mongolia's UA. The best thing for you to do is to donate your own units to make it harder for him to do so.

vyyt likes this.
  4. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Does restarting the game on the first turn, works with VP?

5. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

Yes, it does, at least for me ;)

6. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

My impression was that the great work will correspond to the name of the artist who made it, but the names of the artists aren't tied to the eras in which they actually lived.

I believe that's correct.

If you fully eliminate the master, then you would at least have the vassal free for you to subjugate. :)

There are some cooldowns around vassalage. Is there a cooldown for being re-vassalized after becoming free?

7. Enginseer

8. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Does 'Raging Barbarians' option increase the barbarians spawning from Unhappy Empire and / or City-State quests, or just from camps?

9. cammcken

cammcken Warlord

God of Commerce: Is the +2:c5faith: per +25:c5gold: calculated off of net gold, or revenue before expenses?

10. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

Revenue before expenses. That's why it's so popular :)

cammcken likes this.
  11. Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid Chieftain

What will happen if I become a master of a player who is currently in war with another player (and I'm not in war with that another player)? I will be forced to declare war on another player, or another player will be forced to make peace with my new vassal? One more thing: that another player declared war on my potential vassal only 1 or 2 turns ago, if that's important.

12. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

The vassal disappeared from the war/peace diplomaty, its war/peace values become those of its master. The master situation remain the same.
    Due to some abuse of this rule (by the AI), you can no longer become a voluntary vassal if you're at war (you can still capitulate, but you cannot "surrender" to a friend instead of the enemy)

vyyt likes this.
  13. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

I've just noticed that puppeting a captured city increases the policy cost. Is it a bug or a feature?

14. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

That's partially false. There is a known bug in the area (not easily fixable).
    The rule is : policy and tech cost increase for each non-puppet city you have. Puppet cities does not increase that number.
    The bug is : your number of non-puppet cities is only updated when you capture a city (and few other events)
    What happened to was not that your new puppet city increased your cost, but that the capture of a new city made the game count again your number of cities and see that it forgot to increase the cost the last time you annexed a city.

cammcken, vyyt and Sundance Kid like this.
  15. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

with Mausoleum of Halicarnassus: "During 'We Love the King Day', City increases by 10%."
    does this only apply to the city in which the wonder is built, or all cities ?

16. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

It is clear now. Thank you for your explanations.

17. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

If you manually end a declaration of friendship, can you immediately declare war on your former friend without the diplomatic penalty for betrayal? Or do you need to wait X number of turns?

18. Enginseer

that is not a bug it was intentional to punish those who conquer fast and lose fast. So if u had 15 cities but now have 13 you will incur the penalty as if u had a minimum of 15 cities.

19. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

Oh, does that mean that my city penalty can actually go down (when taking a city)? I always assumed that I had the culture/science cost penalty of the most cities I ever had. Good to know :)

20. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

Some questions regarding vassalage, to be sure I understand it well:

A forceful vassel needs to meet one of the following requirements (in addition to the 50 turn cooldown period) to be able to declare independence:

- controls 75% more cities than it had when capitulating
    - has 300% more (or 300%?) citizens than it had when capitulating
    or has at least 60% of the master's cities & citizen

So, as long as none of these requirements is met, I can take all diplo mali with the vassal and he will only be able to react diplomatically (by denouncing etc.), but not by declaring war on me?

And the notion "team-wide" in the tooltips for citizen and cities refers just to the teams you can assign when starting a game, right (so me and my vassals don't form a "team", for example)?