1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

No it can never go down.

Sundance Kid likes this.
  2. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

Is that the actual reason, or is that a post-hoc rationalization? :)

Either way, that wouldn't justify it not updating when you annex a city.

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

That was the Firaxis reasoning.

The only bug is that the cost are increasing regardless if you chose annexation and puppeting.

4. Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid Chieftain

Does Citadel provide a +100% defense bonus for Knights, Skirmishers, etc.? They don't have "terrain defense bonus", but maybe Citadel is an exception?

5. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

If you enable two victories, can you continue the game even after achieving one of the victories ?

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

You always can continue the game, but there is no more victories.

7. cozye

cozye Chieftain

Hey there is conflicting info in-game on difficulty levels under VP+CP. In setup screen, Prince is the "Normal" difficulty, but in advanced setup, it's described as more challenging.

At what difficulty are player and AI handicaps obsolete (or closest to even)? I'm playing with the latest release. Thanks.

8. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

What happens to assyria UU when it becomes obsolete? Does it go away? Does it stay but you can no longer build it?

9. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Yes. You can keep them all game so long as they don't die

10. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Oh wow that is amazing. Should be pretty easy to keep them alive. Unless nuke i guess.
    Anyway, I am playing Assyria now and I have no chance to found a relligion. The event with +1 faith to shrines or +2 culture to palace came up and I'm really tempted to take the +1 faith even though i have only the shrine in my capital, because it scales so well with # of cities and i plan to conquer a holy city later. I am at turn 110 epic speed, with 7 techs (8 average) 3 policies (4 average) and have finished settling my 6 cities as tradition in great locations. Spirit of the desert will provide me 16 faith soon and I have only 5 culture from tiles. Is it too greedy to take the +1 faith to shrines or should I take the +2 culture to help catch up in policies?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  11. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

So if I enable science and domination victories, and win a science victory, does that make the AI less willing to wage wars to capture other players capitals as they can no longer achieve a domination victory ?

cammcken likes this.
  12. matlajs

matlajs King

simple question about denmark UA ( viking promotion). Its 25% cs on pillaged tiles works on attack from pillaged tile or attack on pillaged tile? also should it be displayed in combat table bonuses? or i have it buged?

13. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

I assume that conquering an occupied city and immediately liberating it doesn't count towards " conquer fast lose fast" punishment, correct ? So liberating cities doesn't increase your tech and policy cost ?

14. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

Does conquering cities count against the vassal rules for independence? I know if a vassal ends up settling more cities than you have by the time they're able to liberate themselves, the option becomes available, but what about a warmonger Civ who plans on getting the rest of their cities through domination?

15. Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid Chieftain

Sometimes City-States would give rewards like "150 Great People Points in all cities", or in Capital. How does it work? Does this number get distributed among all types of GP? Or every type of GP will get exactly this number (150 in this example)?

16. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

(How) can I peacefully achieve that Mongol wont be able to forcefully annex a citystate?
    Does this force-annex works if this citystate an alliance of me?
    Or should I put many units around the citystate so Mongol cannot be close enough to force-annex?

Thank you.

17. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

If you gift strong units to a city-state it can boost their resistance to bullying & Mongol annexation. An alliance has a similar effect as well. However, I find that stopping the Mongols through peaceful means works about as well in Civ 5 as it did in real life. I usually declare war on them and try to liberate their former CS conquests.

vyyt likes this.
  18. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Thanks, I am on the same path. :)

19. Morinoa

Morinoa Chieftain

I have a question about tradition openers. I'm used to playing progress and authority which come with some hammers for the non capital cities, and I'm not quite sure how I am supposed to make my new cities productive in the ancient age. Am I supposed to keep these satellite cities small? I'd appreciate any tips to playing the tradition openers a bit more efficiently

20. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

With tradition, satellite cities do take longer to become productive, so they're a bigger investment, though generally still worth it. If you can, get stone works/Mausoleum in the capital so you can send Production trade routes to get new cities started up faster.