Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Texts of that form are defined in ...Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Modules\Events\Text\en_US\city_en_US.xml. Is that file present?

Which exact version are you playing with which VP mods?

The critical info you gave was the 'Events' folder location. I'd messed up. (Bit of a long story...) It's now where it belongs. I'll come back if I still have a problem but I suspect you've fixed it.
Many thanks!
Confirmed. All is now well. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Quick question- playing 12/1 version with 2/4 beta patches with JFD papal and Prussia- I'm in industrial age- my diplomat in a friendly capital is not giving me information on their voting preference of them in the world congress -- was this feature removed, or do I have to get some advance technology, or building like the foreign bureau to make this happen or is a bug? thanks

Is covering fire (the promotion that gattlings have) mean to affect defence as well as attack? The description says -50% attacking armoured units but it also applies on defence.

It makes some sense that landships beat up gattlings but they are currently a super hard counter and I'm not sure if that is intended.

Another quick question- is there any way to stop merchant of Venice purchasing my allied city-states besides war?

In my current gameplay I'm playng as Indonesian; I took over some cities and I do notice that sometimes I have the option to raze and sometimes I have not. I cannot see any reason for that, the cities that I cannot raze are not CS, do not have world wonders, nothing particular. Some was Atzec some was Spain and then Atzec; anyone does know way some cities cannot be razed?

In my current gameplay I'm playng as Indonesian; I took over some cities and I do notice that sometimes I have the option to raze and sometimes I have not. I cannot see any reason for that, the cities that I cannot raze are not CS, do not have world wonders, nothing particular. Some was Atzec some was Spain and then Atzec; anyone does know way some cities cannot be razed?

I think holy cities and capitals cannot be razed.

You cannot raze:
- Any cities if the "No City Razing" option is enabled
- Any cities that you originally founded
- Original capitals, including those of City-States
- The Holy City of any religion
- Any city which has a unique luxury on the city plot

Moderator Action: Stickied.

How can I remove the coastal fire only restrictions from certain units? In the CBP I found "NavalUnits.sql" and "CoreTableEntries.sql" which both contain references to "UPDATE Units SET CoastalFireOnly = '1' ".
In NavalUnits, this line is commented out for four units. Un-commenting and changing the value to a 0 didn't seem to do anything. Modifying CoreTableEntries just results in a game crash upon load.

(Reported to GitHub, but maybe I get help here sooner)

Reinstalled my game into a different drive, and now it doesn't load properly. I installed "Vox Populi including EUI", but no EUI folder is seen in ...Assets/DLC.
When I set up a game with AIs and the game proceeds to create a map, a bunch of errors "Unable to load texture [...dss] or something like this pop up and then the game looks like this with messed up interface:

20210305152521_1.jpg

(Reported to GitHub, but maybe I get help here sooner)

Reinstalled my game into a different drive, and now it doesn't load properly. I installed "Vox Populi including EUI", but no EUI folder is seen in ...Assets/DLC.
When I set up a game with AIs and the game proceeds to create a map, a bunch of errors "Unable to load texture [...dss] or something like this pop up and then the game looks like this with messed up interface:

View attachment 588738
The autoinstaller created the default (= wrong) folder structure on your drive C and put EUI there. Just move the UI_bc1 folder from drive C to the DLC folder where you had installed Civ5 (the path is analogous to the default one).

The autoinstaller created the default (= wrong) folder structure on your drive C and put EUI there. Just move the UI_bc1 folder from drive C to the DLC folder where you had installed Civ5 (the path is analogous to the default one).

Could you tell where exactly it can be? Documents/My Games/Civilization 5? I cannot see it there.

Could you tell where exactly it can be? Documents/My Games/Civilization 5? I cannot see it there.
I am on my cell right now, but it should be something like C:/Program Files/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civ5/Assets/DLCs/UI_bc1

Or just run a search for UI_bc1 on drive C.

Then move it to the same location, but on drive D (or wherever your Civ5 is installed).

Looks like a noobish question for a person who has played the game for a couple thousand hours, but still.

Is there a way to start a new game (leaving a previous gameplay) without having to load all the mods again? E.g. I'm testing different maps generated by Community mapscript and each new map I have to load all the mods all over each time.

Looks like a noobish question for a person who has played the game for a couple thousand hours, but still.

Is there a way to start a new game (leaving a previous gameplay) without having to load all the mods again? E.g. I'm testing different maps generated by Community mapscript and each new map I have to load all the mods all over each time.

Can use a modpack, and play via single player or multi, will load all mods on initial load. Follow steps. Delete uc_bc1 from the DLC folder as its in the modpack

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ix-3-desync-lag-stability-crash-fixes.663567/

Top Bottom