Quick Questions / Quick Answers

It should. From the 8-12 beta changelog:
Code:
  - Added Building_YieldFromYieldPercentGlobal table (enables "% of yield to other yield" conversion in all cities)
  - Modified Building_YieldFromYield table (identical bonuses now stack)

It still doesn't work when it comes to stuff like per-pop yields though. Fairly sure it only takes terrain and flat yields from buildings.

Do 2+ instances of the same type of yield converter stack?

Yes.

It should. From the 8-12 beta changelog:
Code:
  - Added Building_YieldFromYieldPercentGlobal table (enables "% of yield to other yield" conversion in all cities)
  - Modified Building_YieldFromYield table (identical bonuses now stack)

It still doesn't work when it comes to stuff like per-pop yields though. Fairly sure it only takes terrain and flat yields from buildings.

Accurate.

Just to be clear, is yield conversion not working with per pop yields intentional?

If so, is there a reason for that? Yield conversion logically feels like it should be converting all yield sources, not just a few.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, is yield conversion not working with per pop yields intentional?

If so, is there a reason for that? Yield conversion logically feels like it should be converting all yield sources, not just a few.

Yes, and I don't know. You'd have to ask Gazebo.

Yes, and I don't know. You'd have to ask Gazebo.
Thank you for the swift response. Here's to hoping that Gazebo will see this the next time he comes around.

The values are in Community Patch/Core Files/Core Values/CoreDefines.sql.
Code:
-- Wonder Stuff
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_SAME_ERA_COST_MODIFIER', '25';
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_PREVIOUS_ERA_COST_MODIFIER', '15';
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_EARLIER_ERA_COST_MODIFIER', '10';

The values are in Community Patch/Core Files/Core Values/CoreDefines.sql.
Code:
-- Wonder Stuff
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_SAME_ERA_COST_MODIFIER', '25';
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_PREVIOUS_ERA_COST_MODIFIER', '15';
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) SELECT 'BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_EARLIER_ERA_COST_MODIFIER', '10';
Thank you, thank you, thank you :thumbsup:

The answer is recursion. Specific core yield function calls get called a lot, and if they get called while calling themselves.......

G

Well, can't argue with that, although I'm surprised that this is where the line is drawn. Haven't peered too deeply at the code though.

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure if it counts as a quick question, i always play the VP mod but right now it won't let me load or start a new game while the unmodded game looks like is working fine
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod by brute force but it won't let me do the reinstalling part. The cache folder also is getting in the way as it gets brought back even after i delete it, what should i do?

Dislike asking a question here before the former one has gotten a chance to get answered but how do I disable certain civs from entering the game as random AI?

it won't let me do the reinstalling part
What do you mean by this? What happens when you try to install the mod? As a suggestion, you could try to check your antivirus' logs to see if it's messing with the installation process somehow.

Dislike asking a question here before the former one has gotten a chance to get answered but how do I disable certain civs from entering the game as random AI?
You can mod it in by adding something like this to a sql file somewhere. Fairly sure RAS also has that functionality if you want to go that route.
Code:
UPDATE Civilizations SET AIPlayable = 0 WHERE TYPE IN ('CIVILIZATION_X', 'CIVILIZATION_Y');

Last edited:
The antivirus is messing with it, though it asks me if i want to let the program run free and i accept.
It looks like the installation is actually doing all the downloading but at the end of it, in the MODS folder, there is not a single portion of the patch. I've tried with two different patches so i guess i'll try to see if i can do something with the antivirus

In the firewall log of my antivirus i'm finding a lot of times the application C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe had been interrupted today, is it an installation application?
It also displays something from google chrome and steam but there are way too few with respect to the ammount of times i tried to re-download.

Edit: tried to reinstall again and restricted research on the firewall to a shorter ammountof time and nothing has been blocked

Last edited:
The installer, once downloaded, does not need internet access to run. Firewall is the wrong place to look for installer issues.

If the installer runs but the mod does not seem to be installed, I would first recommend that you check the installation directory the installer is trying to install to.

The installer, once downloaded, does not need internet access to run. Firewall is the wrong place to look for installer issues.

If the installer runs but the mod does not seem to be installed, I would first recommend that you check the installation directory the installer is trying to install to.
That was it, turns out it was trying to install on the account of the person i share the computer with instead of my own. Now it is also working, i cannot express my gratitude, you saved me from a dark future without VP, thank you very much

It seems like you can’t use a reformation belief after capturing a holy city and converting to this religion, can some confirm and do you know why that is? Just the religion code being too messy?

What do you mean by being unable to use a reformation belief? For example, are you:

1) Unable to benefit from a pre-existing reformation belief of the religion
2) Unable to construct a founder building
3) Not getting the UI to pick a reformation belief after constructing a founder building

I suspect that the reformation belief vanishes when the Founder National Wonder cease to exist due to unable to capture one through conquest.

Top Bottom