1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by TaylorItaly, Jul 18, 2019.

1. MattCA

MattCA Warlord

Years ago I tried to copy models from one mod to another for a game called Company of Heroes. What I needed for a model was in many pieces and all over. When I missed a certain thing everything worked perfect except the model was 100% pink. I think they call it a skin.

Edit: your putting your stuff somewhere in mod right? So this stuff isn't stopping it:

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
    NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 1

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Pink means: "texture file not found".

3. MattCA

MattCA Warlord

Any idea which info class would have this stuff?

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It's the 3D model file (.nif) itself that reference the paths to the textures it uses.
    I'm pretty sure the dll never has a hand in reading the nif files, that is all in the exe; but the dll probably tells the exe what file is supposed to be the art file for the leaderhead.
    In our CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml files we changed the <NIF> tag from .nif files to .dds files to get 2D leaderhead art.
    e.g. <NIF>art/Custom_Leaderheads/Afonso/Afonso.dds</NIF>
    I'm pretty sure this file format compatibility (dds/nif) was present for leaderheads even in vanilla.

5. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Prince

Would it be possible to allow naval units on land tiles adjacent to rivers? Like how they do with a fort?

6. Joij21

Joij21 Prince

Yes, as a matter of fact it would probably be easier than say what the river mod actually does (which makes rivers tiles instead of between them) however you would have problems if two rivers are adjacent to one another. For instance if you sail into a river and it just so happens to be next to a parallel river, you could sail into that river despite the fact they are not actually connected. So while its possible its much more janky compared to making rivers tiles, not to mention that your ship unit will also look like its always sailing to the side of the river on land.

VCrakeV likes this.
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That river subject has long been a quandry level issue with many design pros and cons and perhaps the eventual goal of using the actual river mod as mentioned, though I agree with this:

8. Esfera

Esfera Chieftain

All of the sudden, the game is forcing me to have a 1920x1080 resolution without giving the option to change it in the graphics menu, any idea why?

9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Possibly a driver issue, did your graphic driver update itself perhaps?

Esfera likes this.
  10. Esfera

Esfera Chieftain

It seems to be a hardware issue, not a software one, my HDMI is non-responsive and that defaults my screen software to Analog Mode. I tried to carefully clean it to no result.
    I don't know why but this not only affects graphics but also the performance.

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Probably nothing wrong with the HDMI cable, they usually either work as they should, or not at all.
    If you have another HDMI you could always test if its the same with that to be 100% sure.
    From what you're saying it does sound like your graphic card is on its last legs, could still be a driver issue though, so perhaps download and install your cards specific drivers once before concluding.

Esfera likes this.
  12. Esfera

Esfera Chieftain

Just solved it, it was indeed a driver issue. Trying to uninstall and install again my drivers did nothing, they didn't even recognised my graphic card this one time, what worked was updating my OS.
    Not sure but I think this was triggered by a background update that rendered my current drivers obsolete for some reason, updating my computer again did the trick, I guess that the previous update didn't have retrocompability, I don't know, all I know it's that it's running pretty much as smoothly as it did before any of this.

Thanks for your posts Toffer.

13. arthas125

arthas125 Chieftain

can you get others civs continental cultures by capturing their citys? i have gone through several quick games already and the only way i was able to adquiere any other continental culture asides from the default one your civ starts with was by building the Ellis islands world wonder wich gives me european culture, after that i was able to build all the national cultures related to it, but i couldn't do the same if for example i capture any french, russian or german city, this happends with all others continental cultures aswell not just european, cant get any other than isn't my own

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yes, but capturing one city of a specific foreign culture isn't enough, don't raze those you get either.
    Train settlers in cities with foreign local cultures to get more cities with that foreign local culture, when you have enough cities with a foreign local culture in your nation, your nation will adopt that foreign culture.
    The amount you need differs by map size, but not by very much, the pedia will tell you how many you need when looking at the adopted culture entry in the special buildings category.

MattCA likes this.
  15. tmv

tmv Emperor

I think you should also avoid capturing the city with criminals. If the city goes Barbarian, the original culture is lost IIRC.

VCrakeV likes this.
  16. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Prince

I'm not sure if this is true, but I do know that regardless of which sort of unit you use, there is only a chance to retain the culture of the city.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Once upon a time long ago assimilation was how you gained other cultures. Now.....???

18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Local cultures have a 15% chance to be destroyed on conquest.
    If the city you conquer has two local cultures there's only 0.15*0.15*100 = 2.25% percent chance for both to be destroyed. If three then 0.33% chance for all to be destroyed.

VCrakeV likes this.
  19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Assimilation option was fully merged in mod - now its always here (isn't optional anymore).

Still you can assimilate those cultures, just takes bit more effort.
    You have to build variants of Local Culture buildings to spread various continental cultures.
    Local cultures have chance to be destroyed every time you conquer enemy cities.

20. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I have a continent that stretches from (according to animal spawns) "western Australia" in the south-east to southwest Europe in the northwest. Why don't any primates ever spawn there? No orangutans/gorillas/chimps, no lemurs, no baboons, nothing. Capuchins on the other "American" continent are the only ones I ever get.