Quick Questions , Quick Answers

We'll have to check that against the build page on my planning document and see how good I was at finding all that manually ;)

You're absolutely right we can get some performance increases by improving AI so that they are evaluating from among what they can do rather than what all there is possible to be done - perhaps - if they aren't already with workers.

But with the eco-workers being very different animals, as well as potentially wanting to eventually complete the old ideal of having a 'combat worker' line, there may well be a division of a few worker AIs.

We'll have to check that against the build page on my planning document and see how good I was at finding all that manually
Just looked at that page... oww, my poor soul :eek2:

Eco-workers are totally your jurisdiction, yeah.

Regarding improvements that discover bonuses, I'm doing some changes right now because there's no normalization between them (and some typos; a few jungle camp discovery chances have an extra 0 by what must be accident lol). Going by current values, tar gatherer has the lowest currently at 600 for fossils iirc, and vertical farm at 2500; I think I'll nerf seasonal camp slightly from 1000 down to 700; other prehistoric improvements will have 500 of their corresponding types roughly growing to 1000 for anything available in modern era (so, farms will be 1k immediately), and modern+ grows to 2500 max. Will make a note about putting that info in the pedia or tooltip; right now they all just say "small chance" without actually informing the player that the chances aren't all equivalent (which is why I assume @irishhombre was wanting to place them past Renaissance Lifestyle, can you confirm that for me?)

Just looked at that page... oww, my poor soul :eek2:

Eco-workers are totally your jurisdiction, yeah.

Regarding improvements that discover bonuses, I'm doing some changes right now because there's no normalization between them (and some typos; a few jungle camp discovery chances have an extra 0 by what must be accident lol). Going by current values, tar gatherer has the lowest currently at 600 for fossils iirc, and vertical farm at 2500; I think I'll nerf seasonal camp slightly from 1000 down to 700; other prehistoric improvements will have 500 of their corresponding types roughly growing to 1000 for anything available in modern era (so, farms will be 1k immediately), and modern+ grows to 2500 max. Will make a note about putting that info in the pedia or tooltip; right now they all just say "small chance" without actually informing the player that the chances aren't all equivalent (which is why I assume @irishhombre was wanting to place them past Renaissance Lifestyle, can you confirm that for me?)
Good idea.

And if we aren't going to make it necessary to work the plot to make the improvement capable of finding a bonus, perhaps we should at least establish a rule that the chance is halved if you aren't working the plot?

Actually, that eval page didn't take as long as it looks like it did - this bonus one will be taking much longer I think. It's a bit more focus straining.

EDIT: I also had a thought - if we allow workers and such to be sent back in time, maybe they SHOULD be able to build what cannot still be built when they can be trained?

perhaps we should at least establish a rule that the chance is halved if you aren't working the plot?
Sounds good, though will be in the list of "to-dos"... lol. Has to go alongside making more of the info visible to players.
EDIT: I also had a thought - if we allow workers and such to be sent back in time, maybe they SHOULD be able to build what cannot still be built when they can be trained?
That did occur to me as well, but we're still a ways off from implementing that. If we cross that much harder bit, making a few tweaks to the XML to re-enable the builds is very easily done but not needed now.

Sounds good, though will be in the list of "to-dos"... lol. Has to go alongside making more of the info visible to players.That did occur to me as well, but we're still a ways off from implementing that. If we cross that much harder bit, making a few tweaks to the XML to re-enable the builds is very easily done but not needed now.
That was pretty much where I fell on that thought as well.

Lately my game has been crashing whenever I try to gift a city to the AI. (Took a city from rebels and then was trying to return it to its owners to get them to like me enough to accept vassalization). It’s playing on the long speed (4,000 turns total I’m on about 1200- I’m the Middle Ages most the AI is mid-Classical).

Lately my game has been crashing whenever I try to gift a city to the AI. (Took a city from rebels and then was trying to return it to its owners to get them to like me enough to accept vassalization). It’s playing on the long speed (4,000 turns total I’m on about 1200- I’m the Middle Ages most the AI is mid-Classical).
Upload save, and explain which city you trade with which player to get the crash.

I had the same problem somewhat 100+ turns ago. I tried liberating a city of a friendly civ once I conquered it, and got a crash (tried it 3 times to see if it was random). Then I tried conquering the city and after gift it to its rightful owner, crashes again.
I will look for a savegame to upload.

Upload save, and explain which city you trade with which player to get the crash.

In the south coast of the center pangea lake, the Aboriginals are occupying two Portuguese cities, Guarda and Braga [edited name]. Liberating them or gifting them to the Portuguese creates a crash for me like Mattabarin above.

Attachments

• Tasos January 12, AD-1508b.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.1 MB · Views: 43
I'm trying to build "Grand Fire Festival".
My city is size 6, it has Kilimanjaro within 2 tiles and inside city boundary, I have a working silver mine on the city map as well as a silver mine building, there is no other Grand Festival built in this city.

Note: technology "Folk Dance" has been researched already which obsoletes "Fire Dance" in general, although "Fire Dance" is still present on the city's conceptual tab together with "Myth Effect Fire".

I believe all requirements have been met according to Pedia, but the option to build "Grand Fire Festival" does not appear. What am I missing?

Note: technology "Folk Dance" has been researched already which obsoletes "Fire Dance" in general, although "Fire Dance" is still present on the city's conceptual tab together with "Myth Effect Fire".
If it's obsolete it won't count towards requirements, you'll need a forge or a foundry instead according to the xml/pedia.

In the south coast of the center pangea lake, the Aboriginals are occupying two Portuguese cities, Guarda and Braga [edited name]. Liberating them or gifting them to the Portuguese creates a crash for me like Mattabarin above.
Fixed, new revision on its way now.

Kinda "necroing a topic", but why exactly was Multi-Wonder building DISABLED again (and when)?
The latest thing on that which I could find is THIS:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/some-more-questions-about-the-mod.653537/
But it ends with it being ENABLED, whereas it's NOT so in the actual up-to-date.
And I do recall that it was DISABLED at one point, but it was so long ago that I can't remember the details.
I even tried installing in via Git, but it somehow failed to compile certain files after I edited the suggested lines out.
In fact, it confused me enough to just DROP Git altogether (SVN for the win, lol).
So can anyone remind me:
Is it now an option that can be turned ON/OFF (even if hidden somewhere in the game files, like the more generic Multi-Build is)?
Because, really, in the game I'm currently playing I feel beyond annoyed by having a line-up of a good dozen buildable Wonders (mostly Cultures), yet still being unable to build more than ONE per turn.
Note: I'm *NOT* asking you to put it back as the default (or even visible) feature, but is there a way for me use it on my personal game WITHOUT that damn Git?
Pweetty pweese?

It was disabled because it caused serious bugs, like same wonder could be built in multiple cities.

It was disabled because it caused serious bugs, like same wonder could be built in multiple cities.
I'm asking whether I can unlock it for myself without spending time on the stupid GIT (which somehow didn't work for me).
If it's just a silent option turned OFF, then I can just as silently turn it ON.
But if it's buried deep into the code in non-text form, then at least tell me how to edit GIT clones without it cursing out at me.
Namely, when I cloned the current repository (and edited the option in question) and tried running the "install" EXE, one of the DLL's couldn't compile somehow and that killed the copy.
So I got angry and simply deleted everything, lol.
The question then is: How do I edit the downloaded repository without signing as a member (cause I don't want that), OR getting cursed at by the compiler?
Thanks.

Whenever you make a reform changing civics, the log shows information about buildings of past civics being inactive (eg. from republic to democracy you may get "the monument of the dictator in x city is inactive...", which relates to despotism, not republic or democracy).
Is there a reason for these logs? Because they seem to needlessly fill the log screen with endless lines.

I'm asking whether I can unlock it for myself without spending time on the stupid GIT (which somehow didn't work for me).
If it's just a silent option turned OFF, then I can just as silently turn it ON.
But if it's buried deep into the code in non-text form, then at least tell me how to edit GIT clones without it cursing out at me.
Namely, when I cloned the current repository (and edited the option in question) and tried running the "install" EXE, one of the DLL's couldn't compile somehow and that killed the copy.
So I got angry and simply deleted everything, lol.
The question then is: How do I edit the downloaded repository without signing as a member (cause I don't want that), OR getting cursed at by the compiler?
Thanks.
I don't know where the code that controls that stuff is since I wasn't working on that project directly. I THINK it's in the cpp files... which would mean you'd have to get setup to code c++ and then get in and find where it's located in our code set. Probably use VS to edit and with the compiling tools that come with a full git install.
That said I don't know all this for sure.
Whenever you make a reform changing civics, the log shows information about buildings of past civics being inactive (eg. from republic to democracy you may get "the monument of the dictator in x city is inactive...", which relates to despotism, not republic or democracy).
Is there a reason for these logs? Because they seem to needlessly fill the log screen with endless lines.
They tell you when buildings are activated and deactivated due to changes in their prerequisites in play.

They tell you when buildings are activated and deactivated due to changes in their prerequisites in play.
Yes but if for example you are in civic republic, the building Monument of the dictator isn't activated anyway (MotD requires despotism). I mean we get a log about a building being deactivated, that is already inactive by the civic we're switching from, and will still be inactive in the civic we switch to.

I don't know where the code that controls that stuff is since I wasn't working on that project directly. I THINK it's in the cpp files... which would mean you'd have to get setup to code c++ and then get in and find where it's located in our code set. Probably use VS to edit and with the compiling tools that come with a full git install.
That said I don't know all this for sure.
Yeah, its in cpp, but didn't he say that github stuff is too hard for him?
He would like it to be optional - its very buggy, but at least wonders and settlers wouldn't reset production overflow from last turn.

Its in CvCity.cpp, below line 16989.
Code:
            // Prevents breaching the wonder limit.
            // Eliminates pre-build exploits for all Wonders and all Projects
            if (isProductionWonder() || isProductionProject())
            {
                break;
            }

// Eliminate pre-build exploits for Settlers and Workers
            if (isFoodProduction() && !isBuiltFoodProducedUnit())
            {
                break;
            }
I'm not sure what would be needed to fix bugs, if those were removed.

Where do you look for your traits? It's not display8ing on the Foriegn Adviser screen (it's only showing Industrious I and I know I have Charismatic I, Innovative I and Islolationist I and now Industrious II, since it just offered me the option to upgrade the former to level 2 or remove the latter). It would be useful to know that at other times other than that pop-up though! I parsed through all the other screens, but couldn't see anything for the life of me. (On v40.1, since I'm 1680-something tuirns into an 8000-turn game I wasn't sure it was safe to update.)

Top Bottom