Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

I love your mod. Just small question: is it compatible enough with custom leaders and civilizations? I have encountered that Elizabeth's of Russia (JFD's creation) unique building available for everybody to build in city. Maybe I should ask JFD instead, and it's because I didn't update game to summer patch with latest modders' fixes (and I really don't want to update because of how broken AI is). Can't wait to use your newer versions as well, I'm still in beta of your mod.

I'm not 100% positive this mod will function correctly with patches prior to the Summer patch. It definitely does not function with patches prior to the Spring patch (it actually crashes due to changes Firaxis made to the database in the patch). That said, a problem with a building being avail to all civs is probably an issue with the civ mod itself rather than a conflict with this mod. Building restrictions are based on a field in the Buildings table that defines a required trait to build. If that's NULL or something is wrong with the Trait then everyone can build the building.

Thank you so much for this mod. Absolutely fantastic. I especially like your 'ScratchPad.sql' that examples how to make various tweaks to your game in a straight forward manner. Thousands of thank yous from me! Good stuff!

There is a fall patch which Firaxis said made some religion changes amongst other things. Will this mod be updated? ... and also a new DLC -- Khmer and Indonesia.

Like the mod very much.

Thanks.

There is a fall patch which Firaxis said made some religion changes amongst other things. Will this mod be updated? ... and also a new DLC -- Khmer and Indonesia.

Like the mod very much.

Thanks.

Yes it will be updated. My laptop took a fall last week and it has had some problems running video games (possibly problems with the fan). I'm going to at least run a test to see if the mod still loads. I'll post a status update sometime today assuming the laptop cooperates and I'm able to test.

I started a new game with Egypt on a Europe again map and I found I couldn't build a religion site. Another game I already had, loaded but had a glitch which didn't show in a new game. Hope that helps.

Hope your computer feels better. :)

(Call the medics.)

I started a new game with Egypt on a Europe again map and I found I couldn't build a religion site. Another game I already had, loaded but had a glitch which didn't show in a new game. Hope that helps.

Hope your computer feels better. :)

(Call the medics.)

Its possible some or all of the mod is not loading. The new DLC is currently downloading to my laptop (verrry slowly). If I can get it to run I can do some checking to see if any files are failing to load.

Ok I have successfully installed the DLC and run my tests.

I'm glad to say that the mod appears to be loading and functioning as of version 3.14.9, although with some possible balance issues. Here is what to expect until the next patch:

• The two 2 new leaders have the friendship bonus "+1 Trade Route" if you friend them, as long as QUO_OPTION_ENABLE_FRIEND_BONUSES_FOR_MOD_CIVS is turned on in MyOptions (it is by default).
    • You will not see this listed when you roll over their agendas. The mod just treats them like any other mod civ that lacks a unique friendship gift.
  • There are likely some balance issues that require resolution.

Note that if you do happen to play one of the various new DLC leaders and click on yourself in game you will see a description of your friendship gift:

20171019153015_1.jpg

Things I will be looking at with the next patch (likely to be called v3.15.0) will be:

• Providing Khmer and Indonesia with a unique friendship gift
    • Khmer: Some sort of Aqueduct bonus
    • Indonesia: Still undecided, the Kampung seems overpowered to give as a friendship gift, rest of her abilities aren't really outstanding, so likely she will get some new abilities
  • Balance tweaks to the new DLC civs
    • Khmer at a mininum should get +1 movement to their unique siege unit, since all siege units in this mod already can move and shoot on the same turn
  • General balance tweaks
    • Unknown yet what these could be
  • Bug fixes
    • Also currently unknown

Please report any bugs/issues you encounter with the current patch. The next patch will be available in the next few days, unless my computer blows up. Meanwhile, at least the mod appears to be working.

Last edited:
isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v3.15.0 BETA - Indonesia and Khmer Fall Patch (Civ Fanatics Edition)

This beta patch address the 2 new civs. My overall feeling about both of them is they are decent, but not nearly as strong as many of the recent DLC civs or the updated ones in this mod. For that reason, each of them has received some buffs.

• Indonesia
    • Indonesia now receives a free Settler upon establishing its capital city. Think of this like the bonus AIs get at higher difficulties (removed by this mod), except also available to players.
    • All Indonesian units...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I seem to have a more serious problem with your mod after the last Firaxis patch.

I tried a new install of the game but still when I load your mod in the mod folder I get a BSOD. Tried several times, same result. Didn't have this problem before.

Was wondering if you were ever going to put this mod in the workshop.

Thanks. :)

Free Settler? Didn't expect you will come to such decision. Sounds busted for me.

Free Settler? Didn't expect you will come to such decision. Sounds busted for me.

I played as her last night and I don't think it's too bad. It's strong, sure. But I don't think it's worse than some of the super powerful abilities other civs have in this mod. If it turns out to be a big issue I could put a tech or civic requirement on it (e.g. "Free Settler at Astrology.") But I'm not sure its really necessary. If we recall in the unmodded game that AIs at high difficulties get a bonus Settler, and that its relatively easy to steal Settlers from opponents, I don't think this stands out as significantly stronger than that. It is useful, and also somewhat annoying if you are her early neighbor... but it also puts an early city on the map thats pretty easy to steal.

Also keep in mind that in this case "free" isn't really "free." The Settler is generated by founding the first city. It's done this way so that it "counts" against the total Settlers you've received. Building your 3rd Settler costs you the same as anyone else.

Last edited:
I seem to have a more serious problem with your mod after the last Firaxis patch.

I tried a new install of the game but still when I load your mod in the mod folder I get a BSOD. Tried several times, same result. Didn't have this problem before.

Was wondering if you were ever going to put this mod in the workshop.

Thanks. :)

Is it a true blue screen of death, as in computer totally crashes and has to be rebooted? Does that only happen with this mod enabled?

Also, are you on PC or Mac?

Is it a true blue screen of death, as in computer totally crashes and has to be rebooted? Does that only happen with this mod enabled?

Also, are you on PC or Mac?
On a PC.
I'm not a techie.
Computer totally crashes and blue screen (on Windows 10) says collecting information and "kmode exception not handled." (It's not the blue screen I'm used to with all the lines of code.)

Short Timeline
Noticed that there was an update but CivVI would not update so did "verify integrity of cache" option.
Updated
Comp crash as above when starting game
Deleted everything from MyGames/SidMeiersCivVI folder.
Reinstalled game from steam
Game plays
Installed mod in SidMeiersCivVI mods folder
PC crash as above.
Removed Mod from Mods folder
PC crash as above
Verify integrity of game cache from steam
PC crash as above
Deleted all content from MyGames/SidMeiersCivVI folder
Uninstalled and re-installed game(without mod)
Game playable (without mod)
-----(Didn't try the other option of deleting the MyGames/SidM..... folder and using verify game cache from steam.)

So now the game plays without the mod (or any traces of it that I can quickly find.

Basically that's it.

a question:

I see in the PopYield code sql:

'QUO_AI_HARDCORE_BONUS_TECH_PER_DISTRICT_3', 'Amount', 'ARGTYPE_IDENTITY', '2', NULL, NULL)

Is it intended to be 2? all others are set to 1...

a question:

I see in the PopYield code sql:

'QUO_AI_HARDCORE_BONUS_TECH_PER_DISTRICT_3', 'Amount', 'ARGTYPE_IDENTITY', '2', NULL, NULL)

Is it intended to be 2? all others are set to 1...

2 is the correct number in that case. The AI gets 2 free science per district at Tier 3, but just 1 culture/district. It's set up that way to mimic the spread of free tech/culture in the base game from population that Hardcore science and culture rules remove (they get 0.7 free science and 0.3 free culture from population in the unmodded game).

Note that the bonus stacks per tier (so at Tier 3, they're really getting 1+ 1 +2 = 4 free Science, and 1+ 1+ 1 free Culture).

Basically the bonuses are there because the AIs aren't smart enough to build Campuses and Theaters like they should according to the rules of this mod.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v3.15.1 BETA

A couple of changes to some implementations. Unfortunately, my laptop is acting up again, which cut short time to visit a few additional things I was hoping to sneak into this update, but this update does take care of some of the bigger things I hoped to address.

Changes to Civilizations
  • Japan
    • Japan now receives +2 Great General points per turn from each Holy Site, Theater District, or Holy Site (up from +1)
  • Khmer
    • Khmer now have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi guys. I just heard about the mod for the first time. Want to know if it is compatible with the MOAR unit mod?
It`s the only mod i had running beside some small UI and AI+ mod before the fall patch made most mods obsolete.

version 3.14 works OK, but with 3.15 my game will not start... (says "game starts" on a blck screen, then drops back to main menu)

Hi I'm only using this mod and I'm getting the "Please wait" bug on turn 182 into turn 183. I don't know what the protocol is for uploading save games or whatever.

Top Bottom