1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.18 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. Nighthaven

Nighthaven Chieftain

Hello,
    I would like to discuss the functionality of anti-cav +1 ranged attack.
    I know it's optional, but I was hoping there to be focus of making it better. Personally I like the the concept it, but there are glaring issues at hand:
    1. AI incapable of taking cities if they don't have any melee/ iron/ horse units present.
    a. Perhaps a forcing the AI to do a melee attack every so often, so it at least eventually captures a city. (also applies to naval units)
    b. +1 range is replaced entirely by a psuedo 'lash-out' ability of anti-cav units: ending cav-unit (cav units only) next to anti-cav causes it to take damage. This will eliminate AI issues completely as temporal-fix until better dll accessing comes. Maybe if the anti-cav unit has move points left, it can instant-fortify instead of giving it similar melee strength as the regular melee unit when it has upgrades?

2. Gorgo/ Greeks having +2 range on anti-cav seems rather silly (particularly pikemen). I know it off-sets the peltast, but what if Peltast were made better instead as historic skirmishers instead (ie. 4 moves) - and giving her something else?

2. Jackaero

Jackaero Chieftain

3. Playing as Russia the anti-cav unit spawn when I conquer or found new cities after the renaissance era (not only in the first industrial era turn). I don't know if it is intentional

3. isau

isau Warlord

Hmm. Now that I think about it, that is indeed how it is coded. That's likely always going to be part of the nature of this ability, I may need to update the text. I could at least have it turn off at the end of the Industrial era though.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

I'll have to think about the ranged Anti-Cav ability and AIs without resources.

The Gorgo ability is there as a kind of "gonzo" effect. I know the animation isn't perfect, but I personally still like it because it radically changes combat, which is the goal of many of these abilities. It's also there to make Gorgo play significantly differently from Pericles even with the same unique unit.

You can delete the extra range by adding this code to MyScratchpad:

Code:
    DELETE FROM TraitModifiers WHERE TraitType='CULTURE_KILLS_TRAIT' AND ModifierId='QUO_GORGO_ANTI_CAV_RANGE_PLAYER';

4. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.17 BETA

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. isau

isau Warlord

FYI here is the full text of the Biomes as they currently stand:

Asian Steppe
    Earn no influence per turn toward city state tokens. Acquiring a tile reverses the normal Production relationship between flat land and hills.

Native America
    Cannot build Cavalry units prior to the Modern era, with the exception of unique units. Native American cities are always loyal and cannot be culture flipped by other civilizations. During the Industrial and Modern eras, Recon, Infantry and Anti-Cavalry units have Stealth.

Boreal Europe
    +1 Faith +1 Production on Tundra tiles. +1 Culture on tiles adjacent to impassable Ice. +1 Amenity in cities that have acquired at least 1 Tundra tile, -2 Amenities in cities that have acquired a Desert tile.

Hellenic
    Loyalty pressure from Population is penalized by 40% in all cities. +3 points toward Great Writers with each kill until the dawn of the Medieval era. During the Renaissance, receive +5% Gold per Great Person ever earned, but suffer an even more severe loss of identity (-3 per turn).

Asian Pacific
    Cannot build the first Trade Route until the start of the Medieval era. Can build the Fishery improvement without requiring a governor. Every era after the dawn of the Industrial era, receive a free Spy slot, a free Spy unit, and all Spies conduct offensive missions as if they were 1 level higher.

Arabesque
    Prior to the dawn of the Industrial era, earn +1 Gold from river tiles in cities with at least 8 population. During the Industrial era, cities exert +100% religious pressure, and instantly receive 300 Faith when a city acquires at least 1 Desert tile, but you accumulate Great People at half the normal rate.

Sub-Saharan Africa
    Navy is limited to Raider class units. Constructing a Settler unit does not cost Population. Beginning in the Renaissance era, a cycle of fortune and misfortune begins; with each passing era receive +10 Strength followed by -10 Strength in the next era. The cycle then repeats.

Western Europe
    Receive no Production bonus from Forest or Rainforest. Free Medieval Bedrock in all cities, allowing you to build Medieval Walls without meeting the normal requirements. Infantry units built during the Medieval era or later begin with a free promotion.

Asian Expanse
    Siege units have -1Range but receive +50% XP in combat. During the Classical era, receive up to 12 tiles of surrounding territory when you use a Great Person charge in a city.

New World
    Cannot recruit Great Prophets. Receive 2 Settlers free when the world reaches the Classical era, but you cannot build Settlers prior to this time. Tiles cost 20% less to purchase with Gold, and all of your districts culture bomb.

Soviet Bloc
    Cannot build Support units. Anti-Cavalry ignore zone of control, and can move after attacking. On the dawn of the Industrial era, receive free Anti-Cavalry in every city, and in every city you found or conquer during this era.

6. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

I do have a question about Asian Steppe. Is that zero base generation of envoys, or zero total? In other words, can Steppe civs generate envoy points via policies, wonders, and friendship bonuses, or are all such policies/etc. rendered moot?

7. isau

isau Warlord

You should still get envoy points from civics, etc. Just not any accumulating per turn. That said, I may need to test all sources of envoy points to be sure.

8. pramit

pramit Chieftain

The free promotion thing from western europe doesn't stack with free promotion from other sources. Is this a bug or intended?

9. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha Chieftain

Question about this latest version of Quo vs what there was a few months ago, pre-governor and such.

1) Settlers seem to be back to regular price. I vaguely recall that settlers were pretty expensive to start, and got cheaper for every city building you built. Am I correct there?
    2) What's the AI power scaling? I think that back in the day, the AI didn't start with an extra Settler on Immortal, for instance, but it did get +2 Science and +2 Culture for every province it built. What's the system now? Does it have to do (in part) with a buttload of Great People Points? I remember crushing the AI on GP even if I was a little behind on science, etc., but in my last game they're churning out mad mad numbers of GP, and it isn't because they're buddies with Stockholm or whatnot.

10. mydezhh

mydezhh Chieftain

Hi,I have already translated the current version to Chinese. How can I send it to you?

11. TheGrumpyBuddha

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Someone has to have an idea what the AI's advantage is these days, no?

12. isau

isau Warlord

Not intentional. What are some examples of other sources that give a free promotion?

The Settler scaling feature was tried and removed because of difficulty testing it and the fact that AI couldn't handle it.

The AI receives bonuses if you have either Hardcore mode or Hell mode level 2 or higher active (and they stack together if both are turned on).
    • The Hardcore option used to be an actual Ruleset. This was changed in Rise and Fall because of how Firaxis implemented the expansion. It is no longer enabled by default and no longer a "recommended" setting, since the AI does far better in the expansion, and also the Campus and Theater district have plenty of value in the expansion without needing extras.
    • The Hellmode option at level 2 or higher mimics Hardcore exactly. They get bonuses based on number of districts they own.
    I'm not aware of any AI bonus to Great People other than civ specific bonuses. Scotland in the unmodded game sometimes goes out of control. This mod actually tones that down. Which civs specifically did you see flying out of control? Did they have large empires?

13. isau

isau Warlord

Not intentional. What are some examples of other sources that give a free promotion?

The Settler scaling feature was tried and removed because of difficulty testing it and the fact that AI couldn't handle it.

The AI receives bonuses if you have either Hardcore mode or Hell mode level 2 or higher active (and they stack together if both are turned on).
    • The Hardcore option used to be an actual Ruleset. This was changed in Rise and Fall because of how Firaxis implemented the expansion. It is no longer enabled by default and no longer a "recommended" setting, since the AI does far better in the expansion, and also the Campus and Theater district have plenty of value in the expansion without needing extras.
    • The Hellmode option at level 2 or higher mimics Hardcore exactly. They get bonuses based on number of districts they own.
    I'm not aware of any AI bonus to Great People other than civ specific bonuses. Scotland in the unmodded game sometimes goes out of control. This mod actually tones that down. Which civs specifically did you see flying out of control? Did they have large empires?

14. TheGrumpyBuddha

Thanks -- was playing a Large map ("Real Earth" or somesuch, the big map mod) and Poundmaker was really churning out the Great Merchant points as well as one other (not Mondo Pondo guy). Possibly had a huge empire, he did not have a ton of competition in North America.

It was Immortal difficulty -- what are the general AI bonuses on Immortal?

15. isau

isau Warlord

FYI players there seems to be some kind of bug going on with Medieval Bedrock that I haven't yet tracked down. Medieval Bedrock is supposed to unlock in cities that contain a World Wonder, or automatically for all Western European civs, but for some reason recently I've seen it unlocking in other civs, like Arabia. I'm not yet sure what is causing this to happen. If anyone has noticed the Medieval Bedrock appearing when it shouldn't please drop me a note.

16. TheGrumpyBuddha

Can I ask about the Asian Steppe Biome?
    "Earn no influence per turn toward city state tokens. Acquiring a tile reverses the normal Production relationship between flat land and hills."

I seem to be getting influence/turn -- 5/turn right now, with Merchant Republic. Is that a bug, or am I misunderstanding something?

17. isau

isau Warlord

It's possible it's still bugged. There was an issue with it prior to a patch or two ago (it was coded with an impossible to satisfy RequirementSet, which made it never activate). It should be working now, but there may still be weird issues with it. I'll see if I can verify this weekend now that I'm home from my work trip.

18. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.18 BETA

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. canuck2010

canuck2010 Chieftain

Hmmm. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right - I think it's my first every message. I'm playing Mongolia, the update just before this new one and I don't understand the restrictions on building galleys. It says 1 timber and 1 lumber. It reduces if you have a harbour (and I do) and/or palace (and I do).

I'm sorry if I sound dense if it is obvious, but I'm not getting it. Does this mean I need a lumber mill too?

Thank you, Donna

20. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

This sounds like a mod conflict. Do you have other mods running?