1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. isau

isau Deity

FYI incoming change to Policy cards soon: I need to fix the latter ones that boost unit and building Production because Firaxis finally made them retroactive. Right now you're getting double boosted by these cards.

2. Logicsol

Logicsol Chieftain

Throwing in, I also heavily use Recon units, they are cheap so great for an emergency as well as a first unit to quickly scout the map. Rocket boots or not, an extra turn or two in at the start can make a huge difference.

Not to mention GS makes the Recon tree more viable by adding in a medieval step. Skirmishers with ambush are pretty powerful.

3. Guynemer

Guynemer King

The new version fixed the Portugese issue. I did not have Persia in my game, so I couldn't test the paraidaiza issue, but will try to do so soon.

4. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

Good points I will give it and Autralia a shot once. Both the Civ and sphere are pretty tricky to play.
    On diety it might be an extra challenge - diety gives less flexibility to the game but in Quo mod it is still better than Vanilla (but need to do the almost the same - getting enough city to compensate the bonus and focus on victory and be happy - just on diety need to kill much more unit for it so first 1-2-3 era is about it then go for the win). On lower level it is the same just faster to get the point when you can work on victory.

By the way Quo's AI does not declare war that often on me (they rather hate me and trade badly but no DoW - might be due to strong army?) and in GS the emergency system is changed so not that simple to get it - in my current Hungary domination game the AI voted down my military emergency 2 times in a row lol.
    So Autralia play might be even more trickier. :)

5. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

Btw I do not know if it is the GS or the mod or together but in GS I found that if I attack with my units pretty often the UI is "frozen" so I can not select anything. Just after pressing escape to bring the main menu. And I see how the UI is messed up as the range attack icon is shown as active but obviously I did not press it etc.
    I do not remember such this before GS but who knows. And not always just maybe when I attack and switch unit too fast? :) I do not use auto-cycle and sometimes want to attack then do not wait for animation just select another one for an other action - probably that is when it happens.

6. donkeysaint

donkeysaint Chieftain

New account on civfanatics for me, although I have been playing Civilization since the first game came out back in the 90's.

For what it's worth, I also use the recon unit during the early game, and like to keep it around throughout. I vote to reactivating it for western Europe.

7. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

i can't build walls on conquered capitals. seems like it is missing the required palace that is not there anymore since is just another city on my empire, it is not taking into account the usual requirements for building walls though (encampment etc). i am not yet able to build renaissance walls, will update when i can.

edit1. just got another capital (for the sake of testing :p), same thing with the walls

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  8. isau

isau Deity

I wonder if this is something new with GS or just an oversight. I'll need to look into it. I suspect it may be related to Bedrock getting "destroyed" when capitals are conquered. This was fixed for Rise and Fall but GS may have broken it again.

9. isau

isau Deity

It sounds like the consensus is that the change to Western Europe is too harsh so I will be changing it back in the next patch.

I will also be adding Farms as a Culture Bomb trigger for New World civs.

10. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

at city tasks, under city center it shows bedrock that needs repair(1 turn, unselectable), so yeah , it might be that

11. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Well, I don't know if it is too harsh. I mean, it's supposed to be a malus, right? The no extra production from woodlands is a decent malus for players like me, but most people are weird and chop everything anyway, so the previous lone malus wasn't too onerous for the majority of players, I think.

If I were in charge, I'd drop either the no scouts thing or the limited vision thing, but not both. And maybe consider bumping up the no woodland production thing with a ~50% drop in the amount of production gained from chopping woodlands?

12. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

What do you think about the diplomatic behaviour of the AI?
    Quo's feature that AI is a bit towned down and does not dow recklessly.

I experience that they rarely war each other especially me.
    I could easily convert everybody after killing an opponent and except 1 civ everybody was friend/ally and did not do anything special for it...

I see that they have very big army but rather cold war. And of course they are happy with their bonuses (diety) only I need more cities lol.

Well it might be balanced though.. just human player forced to dow for more cities not the AI.

I do not have too much gs exp though. Next time I will play less agressive expansion game and only attack when the place is occupied (now my standard play is to kill 1 neighboor with my initial army instead of developing with as less army as possible - and with that army nobody wants to attack me to the rest of the game). But in diety it might be a loss. :)

13. isau

isau Deity

I think I'd be more likely to keep the unit ban on Scouts than the sight penalty. The Sight penalty is really only there because my original thinking was most players wouldn't think a Recon unit ban was very punishing and would prefer to build Warriors anyway. So, the Sight penalty and unit ban together were originally meant for the same purpose.

In general, I tend to prefer Sphere abilities that cause the dominant "meta" strategy to come into question. Looking back on the Recon unit ban, I'm not sure I accomplished that.

The good news is GS offers some new maluses that weren't possible before. I am still exploring what is possible.

FWIW I did think it may be a good change if, for all Civs, Warrior units had -1 Vision in their base unit defition. The Warrior is supposed to be the most basic entry level unit and yet I find it in most situations superior to Scouts because both have the same vision range. That wouldn't stop scouting with other kinds of units but I do kind of feel Warriors should be inferior to Scouts except for combat purposes. I wish Firaxis would make that change tho instead of me because I am unsure how popular it would be. :)

14. isau

isau Deity

This is probably not this mod causing the majority of these issues, but its possible. Most of the AI changes are really just adjustments to how mad they get over a few items:
    • They don't react to troops near their borders, because this frustrated me
    • Some specific issues for certain leaders (e.g. Saladin, Pericles, Pedro and a few others) no longer cause them to get as mad

The mod used to also reduce rage for war declarations, but I removed that after Rise and Fall/expansion 1 because Firaxis started handling that piece better.

15. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

Understood thx. I think it works well just I remember old times when everybody just Dow at once to kill in 10 turns lol. It was not normal either.

Probably a warmonger civ would Dow more easily especially if he has half the map already. I just need to run into that scenario which was rarely the case. I always have strong army anyway I am too scared lol.

16. Shana

Shana Chieftain

Hi, sorry for bothering you.
    I have a crash whenever I build an aqueduct. It is probably not related to your mod and rather a some weird issue, obviously because I'm the only one here with this bug.
    I deactivated all mods, verified game files, tried a new game, there was no crash. Enabled your mod, tried a new game and it crushed again. Nothing else enabled.
    Do you have anything related to aqueducs in settings? Any ideas where do I troubleshoot it?

17. Guynemer

Guynemer King

....huh. That's definitely weird. I built aqueducts just fine in my last game.

Two possibilities that I can think of:

1. Which civ are you playing? Is it one that has some sort of special bonus to aqueduct or a unique aqueduct?
    2. I remember that when Civ6 was first released, simply deactivating a mod did not necessarily get rid of all the changes the mod did. I'm not sure if that is still true or not; maybe list the mods you were using before, and we might be able to pinpoint one that may have caused the issue, and straight up deleting it might fix it.

18. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

don't know is that is intended but:
    i am trying to research "Cartography" and when chose to, it place it 3rd in a queue.
    the queue order is "Military tactics" ---> "Buttress" ---> "cartography" . strange enough both techs are after cartography in technology tree, while buttress normally require cartography before researched.

only mods i use are this one and a custom one that effects research/production speeds etc

19. isau

isau Deity

Is Buttress a new tech in Gathering Storm? My guess is the code from Rise and Fall is conflicting with the changes made by GS. Let me take a look at the new tech tree to see if I can figure out what broke.

20. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

yeah , is new. this one lets u build the Dam district as well hagia sophia . btw u offer great support on your mod, very appreciated, make sure to not overdo yourself and eat and sleep well :p
    I will continue posting stuff as i spot them ingame if is not a bother.

on a side note, and while i find it very convenient in my current run, is it ok for spearmen to be able to range att ships on the coast line? feels a little weird, but it might be just me