1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. isau

isau Deity

Thanks I will check those out.

I also want to do another review of these particular Spheres:
    • Arabesque
    • Sub Saharan Africa
    • Hellenic

I am much less happy with these three than the others because I don't feel like they unlock any particularly unique strategies. I feel mostly pretty good about the others.

Ones I feel the best about currently:
    • Native America
    • Eastern Europe
    • Asian Pacific
    • Mainland Asia
    • Nomadic Asia

I am debating whether I need to remove the Great Prophet ban from New World. I like it on its own. But if you happened to roll a map with 4 New World civs and Kongo, it would be the easiest Religious victory ever. :)

2. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I'm currently playing Sweden, and I haven't noticed the Scandinavia sphere come into play much at all, to be honest. I only managed to settle three cities within reach of tundra, and only one each with sea ice or desert. I'm not sure if having a sphere be quite so heavily map-dependent is what you're aiming for. Early canals are nice, though; the map I rolled had almost no rivers nearby, so I didn't get to play with the early dams. On the other hand, Scandinavia's bonus/malus amenities are kind of a "silent" trait, in that it isn't as in-your-face as New World, or Asia Pacific, or Western Europe; I might be struggling if those three cities hadn't snagged a couple of additional amenities.

My previous game was with Maori, and holy ****, Asia Pacific is a powerful combination with Kupe. Coastal cities are so powerful so fast you don't even feel the lack of domestic trade routes in the first few ages. 'course, being allied with Auckland all game long didn't hurt matters either.

3. isau

isau Deity

The design of Asian Pacific is based very loosely on the design of Carthage in the Civ 5 Vox Populi mod. (There are a few abilities I cribbed from there almost directly, such as Ghandi's instant pantheon on starting the game.)

In Civ 5 Vox Populi Carthage gets 200 gold when settling any city on the coast. Asian Pacific is similar but somewhat different (250 Gold when you capture 3 deep water ocean tiles, but not until the Classical age begins. Culture Bombs can assist in this task.)

My suspicion is Japan is the strongest Asian Pacific civ as of Gathering Storm due to their hurricane immunity.

If Asian Pacific is overperforming it probably means I need to push the era where the Gold appears back an age or two or lower it somewhat.

4. isau

isau Deity

Also I think Firaxis buffed ocean tiles a little in R&S... not quite sure. This mod provides a lot of buffs to ocean resources due to how terrible they were in Vanilla. I may need to roll some of that out. The origins of this mod, after all, were to "fix" issues in Vanilla. It was only later that it became its own stand alone kind of thing.

5. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I've told many people that QCT is the VP of Civ 6.

6. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I just had a similar thing happen in the civics tree on discovering Nuclear Program; and another early unlock in the tech tree on Replaceable Parts.

7. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

is it safe to use the updated version of the mod on an existing save that i played with an older version?

8. isau

isau Deity

Generally no, altho it probably won't wreck anything. What will happen is parts of the mod will update and other parts won't because they are baked into your save at Turn 1. Unfortuntely this includes leader/civ abilities, including updates to Spheres.

9. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

i was more curious about the wall thing on conquered cities

10. isau

isau Deity

That piece is a Lua script so after I fixed it should work retroactivel. At least I think so.

11. topgundv

topgundv Chieftain

12. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Thanks for the update isau you're the best :goodjob:

13. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

"Removed bonus food to farms from aqueducts." You meant plantation. :)
    I will finish that Australia game with v.09 :)

14. 1223390720

1223390720 Chieftain

15. isau

isau Deity

Oops. Yep. It was Plantations.

16. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

What is the purpose of bedrock system? First I thought it was an advantage of AI because we can not wall up instantly and AI has chance.
    After few deity game I had absolutely no problem with walls (if I build encampment for domination I am also powerful enough so no wall needed - yeah no army defense is not possible but besides early capital rush it shouldnt be a problem) so I rather see a problem for AI lol. All their city is easy without wall until a world wonder... however with wall it is not problem either just need a catapult/ram.

Instant wall however on capitals is very good at least no capital rush available for either side.
    Hard to decide who's advantage... it looks like human can benefit from everything. :)

17. DanaLea

DanaLea Prince Supporter

I don't build encampments much if at all, and usually for the production boost, not for defense. So I turned this off, I can build walls without encampments. But then I play peacefully. I don't start wars, and I also used the MyScratchPad to boost my friendliness, so others don't declare on me. And if they do, I instantly lose all desire to continue that game and start a new one. :)

Ewsforos likes this.
  18. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

thats sweet :)
    although every time i wana play peacefully the devil inside me is tell me that i need that nearby capital for the production, resources etc(otherwise i will probably fall behind in science, maybe in more aspects)

19. isau

isau Deity

The wall/bedrock system was originally written with Vanilla in mind. At the time, Encampments were trash in most situations, and the AI was terrible at taking cities with walls. At the time, AIs virtually never succeeded in taking cities, even from each other. So the Bedrock system is intended to create some variability in the defense levels of cities so that even if the AI totally flops at its war effort it can still occasionally capture some locations.

The AI has since gotten somewhat better, as have Encampments. It's probably true that players can take cities without walls with relative ease.

I will admit that in the past few games the AI declared on me and my wall-less cities fell. I am probably not as good a player as some/most players though.

20. isau

isau Deity

BTW I banned Battering Rams for all civs in the last patch. I forgot to mention it. Battering Rams are 1000% overpowered in player hands I am finding because the AI is clueless on how to use them, and they are far tooo powerful besides. I may add a MyOption to re-enable them.