1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. isau

isau Deity

I don't mind providing updates. I find modding strangely relaxing.

There's no way to stop Ranged units from being able to attack sea units. For that reason I'm ok with Spearmen being able to do it. That unit type is really weak so any extra abilities are welcome.

2. isau

isau Deity

Which civ were you playing? There's some Aqueduct stuff connected to the Khmer and Rome that might be causing this. Especially the Khmer. I've not done any testing with them since GS came out so something may have fried.

3. isau

isau Deity

I've noticed some threads of people mentioning AIs being too passive at high difficulties so it may be related to that.

If I had the time I'd want to code my own special AI rules with Lua. Mainly, making AIs more likely to try to keep only 2 or 3 friends vs friending the whole map. But generally I leave AI stuff to other modders.

Really hoping we get DLL access soon and someone can hit the AI from C++ side.Not sure when/if that will happen, so I don't touch it too much for now beyond minor changes to some of the things it values.

4. isau

isau Deity

FYi there's currently a scripting bug in the move from Rise and Fall to GS that brokethese features:
    • Catherine's ability to see city centers after rivals discover Castles
    • Pericle's bonus boosts for city state suzerainship at the end of an era
    • Bedrock when you capture a city (as reported elsewhere in this thread)
    • Possibly some other stuff

No ETAyet on a fix because the issue is a Lua file not properly loading due to changes in the modinfo structure for GS.

5. Shana

Shana Chieftain

I was playing Khmer, yes, they have special mechanics around aquiduct (I usually don't build them extensively otherwise). But i think I had this problem in my previous crashed game too (Kupe) I just was never able to localize it. I tested it with Khmer (as in: started several new games with new setups and beelined for aqueduct) and it triggers every time the game tries to start a new turn on which the aqueduct should have been finished.

I had a couple of deactivated mods from before GS (AI+, Steel and Thunder +expack, CQUI), them I didn't activate in recent games. Those I did were maps (Better Worlds), a few of the "Better" series (Better Loading Screen, Better Report Screen, Real Eurecas) and a UI combo of Notification Log, Simplified Combat Reports, Sliding Notifications, Simplified Gossip, Extended Diplomacy Ribbon (things I dug up while CQUI is being updated). QUO's mod is the only one downloaded manually, everything else is from Steam Workshop.
    Thing is, in pure unmodded game I don't have a crash. I deleted the whole My Games/Civ folder before last test I did yesterday, and verified game files.
    I am going to make a check other way round, meaning I will activate everything else usable (GS updated) and see if they give me the problem.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

Besides AI+ I did not use any other AI mod. But this author might have been quited. If you see a good AI mod as a good match of your mod please write it to the mod description as you did before (now it is out dated a bit but does not matter).
    But if there is obvious issues with AI there will be fixes soon. :)

Btw I would be passive too if I can generate 2x more output with the same amount of city than the others - so I accept the AI behaviour lol.

I quited my domination game with Hungary I became too exhausted. And I had already 50% of the map with 3500 army while the other had 6-700 lol (and more advanced army so easy battle win). But they obviously had good science/tourism output so I would have lost if I do not kill them.
    Next time I try Australia and try to go a science Victory. But with that AI on diety I will need a half-domination game too to get at least twice as much cities as others have. But that is diety.

I may wait for your patch with the New World sphere change. :)
    With passive AI I will be able to liberate only city states but at least something... :)

I will also try Quick speed as my games are too long. I am absolutely ok with standard speed though so I am a bit scared too.

7. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Hmmm. I definitely was able to build aqueducts as the Maori; the Inca also have a special aqueduct mechanic, and I was able to build them without problem either.

Isau, any bright ideas? I'm stumped.

8. GemAye

GemAye Chieftain

Which version should I use if I do not have the Gathering Storm dlc? I've tried version 6.21 but this one wasn't recognized as a compatible mod. I do have Rise and Fall.

9. Shana

Shana Chieftain

I just reinstalled it all from scratch (including the whole Civ). Activated Steam mods and started Inca game. No problems with aqueducts so far. Now going to activate QUO's and see what happens (will start another game, thankfully aqueducts are not very far to research). I'm positively sure it's not the mod itself, maybe sotheing in conjuction with something, or just weird civ graphic bugs. Though I'm quite sure Civ support will not help me if I mention it works without mods.

UPD. It worked. I did have the same crash but on another account (no idea what causes this), but it definetely isn't this mod or aqueducts. Or idk maybe it is really Khmer building them? They are in my game now.

10. isau

isau Deity

Probably the crash is caused by the way the Khmer special interacts with Aqueducts. It's possible the crash may also bewaitingto happen untilthe first time a Khmer player who builds an Aqueduct attempts or previews combat statistics. I think I am going to just pull the Khmer specials from the mod. Maybe just boost the adjacency bonus for Holy Sites on Rivers back to Major and be done.

11. isau

isau Deity

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.10

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Peter1982

Peter1982 Chieftain

I started a quick speed Australia deity yesterday on v9.
    Actually it was pretty ok as the AI exped around 2-3 too. Only problem was that on fractal map the room was too small and I could not exp the 3-4th to a good spot the AI just was faster. And room is over lol so go to war.
    Australia is pretty cool however my map is just half as good for them. No good pasture position and where it is plains it is near river and became floodplains. But starting yields were pretty cool so 1 city was not a bad start. I just liberated a city-state that +100% prod is worth every other malus. :) I became just a deity civ haha.

There is 1 possible bug I found but already months ago but maybe not Quo: with Audience chamber (?) the housing especially in the capital becomes extreme multipier. I now have 20 housing without farms and few plantations, medievel wall (monarchy), aqua, granary.
    It seems something adding up very badly the math is not ok. I experienced it other games with audience chamber as well.

Is it a known issue? If it helps I can exactly tell you what I have and what the housing is.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  13. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I can confirm that there is something weird going on with the tech tree and the new techs. I'll get the option to research end-game techs when I haven't unlocked the prereqs and I haven't even researched flight yet. Not sure if it is just a UI bug, and the wrong tech is being shown in place of a correct tech; I haven't actually done the research.

14. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Gamebreaking bug: When you build the mausoleum of halicarnassus without having access to a water tile the game gets stuck on choose a great admiral (unable to recruit)

15. isau

isau Deity

Thanks. No doubt this has been around for a while. I'll need to treat that specific wonder as a one-off.

16. isau

isau Deity

Other confirmed bugs as of this morning:

• Kupe doesn't properly give +1 production to unimproved rainforest when you make friends with him
      • Need to investigate: Possibility that multiple friendship gifts for expansion 2 civs are broken
    • The newly added bonus culture for god of the forge adjacent to volcanoes is probably not working right. Just had another look at the code and I didn't configure it properly for a belief (vs how its done for a civ, been a while since I set up a belief)

17. isau

isau Deity

I am going to have to study it. It is probably because to move things in the tech tree I have to delete certain relationships. Firaxis then changed the underlying tech tree structure.

if you can point any specific technologies that are incorrectly opening up other technologies that would be a big help.

Here's the specific code that edits the tech and civics trees in case you can spot a culprit tech or era translocation that could be causing issues:

Code:
    INSERT OR IGNORE INTO TechnologyPrereqs
        (Technology, PrereqTech)
    VALUES    ('TECH_SHIPBUILDING','TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION'),
            ('TECH_CARTOGRAPHY','TECH_MILITARY_TACTICS'),
            ('TECH_STIRRUPS','TECH_CASTLES'),
            ('TECH_MILITARY_ENGINEERING','TECH_CASTLES'),
            ('TECH_PRINTING','TECH_CASTLES'),
            ('TECH_MASS_PRODUCTION','TECH_CARTOGRAPHY');

UPDATE Technologies SET EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL', Cost='390' WHERE TechnologyType='TECH_CARTOGRAPHY' ;
    UPDATE Technologies SET EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL', Cost='300', UITreeRow=2 WHERE TechnologyType='TECH_CASTLES' ;
    --UPDATE Technologies SET EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL', Cost='300', UITreeRow=3 WHERE TechnologyType='TECH_MILITARY_ENGINEERING' ;

DELETE FROM TechnologyPrereqs WHERE Technology='TECH_MILITARY_ENGINEERING' AND PrereqTech='TECH_CONSTRUCTION' ;
    DELETE FROM TechnologyPrereqs WHERE Technology='TECH_MASS_PRODUCTION' AND PrereqTech='TECH_SHIPBUILDING' ;

-- Civics stuff. Delete some existing prereqs and move stuff around to make the tree flow better

-- Swap prereqs of divine right and reformed church
    DELETE FROM CivicPrereqs WHERE Civic='CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH' ;
    DELETE FROM CivicPrereqs WHERE Civic='CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT' ;

INSERT OR IGNORE INTO CivicPrereqs
            (Civic, PrereqCivic)
    VALUES    ('CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT','CIVIC_FEUDALISM'),
            ('CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH','CIVIC_CIVIL_SERVICE'),
            ('CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH','CIVIC_THEOLOGY');

-- Update civic costs

-- Swap cost of divine right and reformed church
    CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tblQuoCivicCost
    (
        QuoCivicType text,
        QuoCost text
    );

INSERT INTO tblQuoCivicCost
        (QuoCivicType,             QuoCost)
    VALUES    ('CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT',    (SELECT Cost from Civics WHERE CivicType='CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT') ) ,
            ('CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH', (SELECT Cost from Civics WHERE CivicType='CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH') ) ;

/* UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(SELECT tblQuoCivicCost.QuoCost FROM tblQuoCivicCost WHERE tblQuoCivicCost.QuoCivicType='CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH'),
    EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE'
    WHERE CivicType='CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT' ; 
     */
    UPDATE Civics SET UITreeRow=0
    WHERE CivicType='CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT' ;

UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(SELECT tblQuoCivicCost.QuoCost FROM tblQuoCivicCost WHERE tblQuoCivicCost.QuoCivicType='CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT'),
    EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL'
    WHERE CivicType='CIVIC_REFORMED_CHURCH' ; 

18. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Unfortunately, I have already unlocked two future era techs in question (specifically adaptive AI and predictive systems) in my oldest autosave, so I'm not sure what triggered their revelation.

19. isau

isau Deity

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.11 ALPHA

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Think I found it. Researching electricity allowed me to attempt to research future era tech.

Also, the friendship bonus for Alexander does not appear when hovering the cursor over his agenda.

Oh, I should note this is with 7.0.10

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019