Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

I love this mod and thanks to being updated so quickly.
I'm currently playing Ottoman, and I have noticed that after upgrading a Janissary from a Longswordsman and using its free promotion, the experience points decrease to 15 regardless of the points. My 4th level Janissary has 15 experience points right now :)
Also, you can build most of the wonders where ever you want. There are nearly no restriction (Don't get me wrong, I like it. However sometimes it is unlogical :) )

I love the mod but now I cant get it to work with gathering storm it keeps using 6.0.version instead of 7.0.11 version have tried to delete older version and download 7.0 version but it doesn't seem to delete even though I delete it

I love the mod but now I cant get it to work with gathering storm it keeps using 6.0.version instead of 7.0.11 version have tried to delete older version and download 7.0 version but it doesn't seem to delete even though I delete it

where do u delete it from? make sure u are at "C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"

in my case , i had 2 different versions of that mod and the game automatically enable the latest version, while it disabled the older one.

just silly me, but, have u unzip the file? :p

In the next ver
Hello!! Love this mod!! I was wondering how I add Spheres to a modded civ, like JFD’s Portugal

Glad you enjoy it.

I just added these instructions to the MyScratchpad for the next release. You can put them in MyScratchpad.sql and add a reference to whatever the database name for that Civilization is and the sphere you want to add.

/* Add a fan-made civilization to a Biome trait. You must identify the name of the civilization in order to do this. Names of Biomes are:
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_ASIAN_STEPPE -- Nomadic Asia
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_NATIVE_AMERICA
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_NEW_WORLD
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_BOREAL_EUROPE -- Scandinavia
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_ASIAN_PACIFIC
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_ROMANESQUE -- Hellenic
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_ARABESQUE
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_AFRICA
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_ASIAN_EXPANSE -- Mainland Asia
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_WEST_EUROPE
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_UK -- British Isles
QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_EAST_EUROPE
*/
/* INSERT OR REPLACE INTO CivilizationTraits
(CivilizationType, TraitType)
SELECT 'CIVILIZATION_EXAMPLE_REPLACE_THIS_TEXT', 'QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_BOREAL_EUROPE'
FROM Civilizations WHERE Civilizations.CivilizationType='CIVILIZATION_EXAMPLE_REPLACE_THIS_TEXT'
AND EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM tblQuoOptions WHERE OptionId='QUO_OPTION_ENABLE_BIOMES' AND Value > 0) ;
*/

Make sure to uncomment the INSERT statement so it actually runs (remove the /* and */ around it).

Note there are easier ways to do this if you know the civ will always be enabled. The code above accounts for turning off Biomes in MyOptions and also for situations where you might turn the civ off from the Enabled Mods menu.

Also note this won't add the Sphere to the character select screen. That requires separate editing and can't be done from MyScratchpad.

BTW I banned Battering Rams for all civs in the last patch. I forgot to mention it. Battering Rams are 1000% overpowered in player hands I am finding because the AI is clueless on how to use them, and they are far tooo powerful besides. I may add a MyOption to re-enable them.

Nice lol and agreed. However I found battering rams only useful early game. Mid-Late game the district bonuses and other bonuses are too high and does not worth the HP to use melee attackers (I rather use catapults/bombards). Of course it depends on lot of factors but on deity the cities are pretty strong. :)
Early game only capital is walled though. Last time I played Russia and got used to the non-battering rams play. :)

And maybe new AI but in GS the AI does many many catapults even when they should not do it - and use well against cities even without walls. :)
But AI upgrade is still lol for certain civs. My current game AI Spain in industrial Era has swordman/archer and only Pikeman. Who knows what they developed lol but certainly different path where the troops are.

when I put Chinese translation in Changes.modinfo,there is a problem that the basic civilizations can show Chinese,but the dlc civilizations 、friend gifts and biome will show loc_quo_XXXXX,I upload the files,could you have a look ,what is the problem

Attachments

• Quo's .rar
    76.1 KB · Views: 141
where do u delete it from? make sure u are at "C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"

in my case , i had 2 different versions of that mod and the game automatically enable the latest version, while it disabled the older one.

just silly me, but, have u unzip the file? :p
was at that area of files and yes I unzipped it shows older version as disabled and new one enabled but when you look at mods being used it shows older one aggravating because ive played this mod for years and love it

If you are subscribed on Steam you should make sure to unsubscribe.
was at that area of files and yes I unzipped it shows older version as disabled and new one enabled but when you look at mods being used it shows older one aggravating because ive played this mod for years and love it

if you are subscribed on Steam you should make sure to unsubscribe. The Steam version is very out of date.

well, shucks, I liked the bonus food to plantations from aqueducts, made aqueducts more appealing to build in most, if not all, cities.

was thinking, would it not be cool to free the placement restrictions of 'canal' ? that way u can connect a 2 tiles away city to the ocean, connect 2 lakes together then one of them to the ocean, cut through landmass and make your own Panama canal(s) across your empire, and possibly many more .

I didn't finish the Modern era, however, I can choose Future era Techs. It shouldn't be normal, right?

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-4_21-32-17.png
    upload_2019-3-4_21-32-17.png
    422.6 KB · Views: 163
i think issau is on it already, someone posted something similar couple of pages back

I just won a science victory with Australia that +100% production bonus was pretty op and easy to maintain permanently from a certain point.
When I saw the tech tree issue I rather selected the tech tree manually to "not cheat". At least I could drop a nuke and play with the Robot for the first time. My first science victory it was pretty cool with Australia. But endgame is pretty weird Spain had still archers and knights lol. But big domination rival was nuked for fun.

Great mod next time I try the new version. :)
Plantation buff was cool but maybe too strong. Aquadect was a mandatory for all the cities - food+housing+great enginer no brainer.
AI does not really build too many Aquadects though so it might be not really fair in general in great enginer war.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks

So, there's a lot in here. I had the day off and had my first chance to try to apply some of the new features from Gathering Storm.

In general, the theme of the changes is:
  • Try to make each sphere unique in disregarding or subverting rules, and/or packing some "what the heck was that" aspects that can appear suddenly on the game board to great effect
  • Cleaning up old code from the early days when the main function of this mod was just to fix Vanilla civ 6

I am a little...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I think you may have nuked Military Engineers when you removed Battering Rams....I haven't been able to produce or buy them in my latest game, they just don't show up (as Mali).

I think you may have nuked Military Engineers when you removed Battering Rams....I haven't been able to produce or buy them in my latest game, they just don't show up (as Mali).

Just poked around in the database. I don't see anything changed for Military Engineers. Can you think of any other reasons you couldn't build them? I haven't made any (intentional) changes to that unit.

Just poked around in the database. I don't see anything changed for Military Engineers. Can you think of any other reasons you couldn't build them? I haven't made any (intentional) changes to that unit.

Today on V.09 I could not train military engineer either (Australia) - I wanted to build a missile silo lol.
Then I solved the problem with the bomber and the ship.
I thought just I did not know the game better and it is promoted to something which can build like engineer but not.

So it was before the battering rams update! FYI.

these updates feel like xmas.
thank you for your hard work
Today on V.09 I could not train military engineer either (Australia) - I wanted to build a missile silo lol.
Then I solved the problem with the bomber and the ship.
I thought just I did not know the game better and it is promoted to something which can build like engineer but not.

So it was before the battering rams update! FYI.

I could train military engineers on v7.09 on Trajan (roman).
checking on 7.0.11 really soon..... on my slow paced game

edit. yup, fully functional military engineer in 7.0..11 as well (Harald- norway). make sure you build them from a city with armory. if that's not the case, might it be any other mid interfering?

Last edited:
On the topic of military engineers, one of the side effects of the Eastern European sphere is that without being able to build support units, you also can not build railroads.

Top Bottom