Quot Capita: Majesty

Is it normal for it to take forever to load?

Is it normal for it to take forever to load?

First few times, yes. once the registry accomodates the mod, you'll notice faster load time. This is pretty much an inherent issue with most large size mods, as Firaxis is notorious for not optimizing game loading time.

Alternately, you can go directly into your save game folder, and load your save from there instead of going through all the hoopla of splash screens.

Hey, guys.

I just started a new game with the latest version. I'm getting an error message showing up every turn, sometimes more than once.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Updated with new screenshot showing two different errors.

Attachments

• Majesty Error.jpg
    Majesty Error.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 133
Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I did run it as administrator. I had it set up to do so automatically, but I've upgraded to Windows 10 and didn't check to make sure it was still doing that... I'll get back to you on that.

As far as game options, I think I was using the standard options.

EDIT: Yes, I'm running it as administrator.

I'm playing a custom game with 9 random civs with the following boxes checked:
No city flipping from culture
New random seed on reload
Require complete kills
No revolutions
No inquisitions
No BarbarinCivs

All the victories are checked.

WIN 10 does some funky twinkie filling ( insert profanity of choice), all the mods I have currently in my mods folder run fine. However, if I try to update or run a new mod ( yes, I was an idiot and upgraded < now that's an oxymoron> to 10), then issues arise.
I'm currently scanning various forums to see what the issue might be. The german forums seem to have a few ideas, I'll let everyone know if I find anything useful.

Sounds like I'm out of luck :(

No worries kiddo. I'll just keep working on my alpha phase stuff until I can get your mod to work.

Not sure, as any other mod works fine. I think it has something to do with your mod, somewhere in the python, as I can't seem to find anything wrong in the xml.

Kingpin; Did you get an xml or a python error? Oh, wait. Bug event error. SOG, can you msg Lemon and see if her new updates are WIN 10 compatible with BUG?

Hmnn, has it happened more since you've added the bridges modcomp? OGI has some unique stuff in his modcomps, you have to be really paying attention when adding it to a mod. I love his stuff, but sometimes his xml tags make me scratch my head in confusion.

I looked threw and carefully encorporated his bridges.

But today I did some checking of python, and I think having one of platyping's python files in the BUG foldier was causing the problem. I tested this, and the error was gone. So I uploaded a new version(available in the first post of this thread).

Python can be very picky...

Ok, I'll retry tomorrow. Supposed to be my day off, so we'll see what happens

Top Bottom