Quot Capita: Majesty

Thank you very much SoG. It installed without errors this time. The first couple starts i had some strange graphical map blackouts but tinkering with my graphics settings that seems to have disappeared.

I appreciate the help!

I've had an error too upon starting a new game. The game continues after the error.

XML Error
Tag: LEADER_DHARMASETU in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: module\Custom
Civilizations\Indonesia\Dharmasetu\Dharmasetu_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml

I'm reinstalling to see if that fixes things...

EDIT: Yes, a reinstall fixed the error. Nothing to see here... move along... move along... ;)

The Unstoppable promotion doesn't appear to be functional. I'm playing using the most recent version, and I have a Knights of the Round Table, lead by a Warlord, with the Unstoppable promotion. I moved him onto a forest with a road, and attacked an enemy army in a forest on a road in my territory. Before attacking he had 7 strength and 1.5 movement, after attacking my Knights of the Round Table won the battle, ending with 7 strength and 0.5 movement. The unit did not appear to have gained a movement point, and was unable to initiate a second attack with the remaining 0.5 movement points.

EDIT:

The next turn (possibly unrelated), the game closes without an error while processing the turn. I tried reloading a save from a prior turn and continuing forward, but it always closes with no apparent error at the same turn. Attached is a save I have just before attacking with the Knights of the Round Table, and one turn before the game closes on me. This is on the "accurate_earth_232x112_blank" scenario.

EDIT2:

As a test I exported teh save game as a World Builder save, and loaded it as a new scenario. The turn processed successfully, it turns out that same turn was the turn "Enlightenment clears the minds and mystical creatures disappear from the world." So maybe that's related?

Attachments

• chubbypitbull AD-955902.CivBeyondSwordSave
    897.8 KB · Views: 82
I've noticed that Rudder is disconnected from the rest of the tech tree. When you start a game it is immediately researchable (in 38 turns). Once you get it, you're advanced to the Medieval Age.

Damnit...I'm sorry again.

I'll have to re-upload :blush:

Nah, don't upload yet. It's not a show stopper. Let us kick the tires a bit and see if we can come up with anything else that needs changing.

It looks like you guys have put a lot of work into this release. And with this number of changes, there are likely to be several more bugs. It looks like you've moved things around in the tech tree, which is good. Some things needed to be moved around a bit.

I'm quite impressed with it so far. Good job!

Thankyou Kingpin, I really do appreciate your feedback man. Trust me when I saw there was ATON put into this release by both me and Boonkie, and theres a lot more to come.

Do you like the new Medieval and Renaissance techtrees?

Incidentally I did reupload. The Rudder thing is fixed. Let me know if theres anything else that goes wrong.

So far, I like the tech tree. I'll give you more feedback on that when I see how it all plays out in the game.

The "Entertainer" promotion says it gives +1 Happiness in All cities. I checked my cities before and after promoting a Warlord led unit to Entertainer, does it have other requirements such as needing to be in a city?

For the Unstoppable promotion issue I'm working around it for now by using WorldBuilder to give units the Blitz promotion, and then not using it if they don't finish a fight a full strength.

The "Entertainer" promotion says it gives +1 Happiness in All cities. I checked my cities before and after promoting a Warlord led unit to Entertainer, does it have other requirements such as needing to be in a city?

For the Unstoppable promotion issue I'm working around it for now by using WorldBuilder to give units the Blitz promotion, and then not using it if they don't finish a fight a full strength.

Warlords with The Entertainer has a chance to trigger and give the happiness bonus to cities sometimes when winning in battle.

Unstoppable also is a triggerable promotion. Sometimes it will give the bonus on victory, but not always.

Warlords with The Entertainer has a chance to trigger and give the happiness bonus to cities sometimes when winning in battle.

Unstoppable also is a triggerable promotion. Sometimes it will give the bonus on victory, but not always.

Roger that, thanks! Do you know the % chances off the top of your head? How long does the happiness bonus last for?

The tooltips seemed to indicate that it was a permanent effect, since the tooltips for other promotions specify a % chance.

I'm not able to start game without the map graphics loading bad. I had only two starts out of about a dozen that loaded correct and cannot figure out the issue. I tried various mapscripts, all the graphic options, and even different civs. I can't figure out the issue. Has anyone else seen this and have an idea how to solve it?

starting map
Spoiler :

city founded
Spoiler :

I'm not able to start game without the map graphics loading bad. I had only two starts out of about a dozen that loaded correct and cannot figure out the issue. I tried various mapscripts, all the graphic options, and even different civs. I can't figure out the issue. Has anyone else seen this and have an idea how to solve it?

starting map
Spoiler :

city founded
Spoiler :

Need to attach your pics bro, so we can take a gander at 'em and see what the issue is.

I thought i fixed the pic links, they work for me when signed out of the forums. Do they still not post viewable?

I had that happen on a previous version. I had to quit the game and reload it... sometimes a few times. Eventually it loaded properly.

starting map
Spoiler :

city founded
Spoiler :

Night mode on :p

I will download the mod this weekend, looking forward to see the new additions

Ok, finally back on a semi-permanent basis now. Work schedules been changed to 2nd shift, which should allow me more time for Civ, and I'm done beta testing Gal Civ III ( which looks to be a truly awesome game given player input. Hats off to Kael and crew).

I need to do a few computer updates, and make sure all my mod tools are working. May take me a bit.

Question SOG;
I really want to get a GEM with TSL going for your mod, so once I start getting everything going, going to need to figure out all the particulars. Here's my thoughts so far.

26 civs to start
Revolutions
Unique resource placement ( I'm looking at you Atlanteans)
Religions (LR if available)
Barbs ( these guys need a serious buff in order to be a serious threat)
Advance Diplo options
Advanced Spy options
Usable Mountains
Terra Forming ( seriously, I got dynamite and I cant blow up a mountain?)

These are just a few off the top of my head. I'm thinking of making it as a scenario similar to Earth 18, but flavored to all the special goodies in your mod. Let me know what you think kiddo.

Top Bottom