Quot Capita

You have forget my very request who made by krugerpritz : P1000 Ratte Landcruiser can you add him ?.

Nice work for this mod i have Mammoth tank, very very good !!!!

Hey Avain,

Sorry still no luck. My custom assets folder had blank folders in it so I erased them anyway and tried again still ctd at xml loading bout 60% way through. Any tweaks to my config that you know about, I read something about setting modular loading to 0 from 1 or vice versa but that did'nt help. I also heard about clearing civ4 cache.

Sorry bout the headaches seems like I am only one who is experiencing this. If you can think of anything else i'll be on all night trying to figure out what I did to get it to load.

Okay just thought of something in the install program I can't rename the folder to the correct one in steam. The button grays out and can't continue if I try to change name. I think this might be problem. The mod still installs into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword but the right folder is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Now here is the confusing part even though the install program installs into first mentioned folder the mods title shows up in the second folder mentioned. Hope this can help you out.

Okay just thought of something in the install program I can't rename the folder to the correct one in steam. The button grays out and can't continue if I try to change name. I think this might be problem. The mod still installs into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword but the right folder is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Now here is the confusing part even though the install program installs into first mentioned folder the mods title shows up in the second folder mentioned. Hope this can help you out.

Hmmm. Now this is sg that could actually cause problems!
Can you please move the whole mod into the correct place, and try out that way?

You have forget my very request who made by krugerpritz : P1000 Ratte Landcruiser can you add him ?.

Nice work for this mod i have Mammoth tank, very very good !!!!

Hi,
I did not forget about the P1000, I think I'll find a use for it for some next version (might be that it'll be like a flavour unit for Germany or sg)

Hey Avain,

I can only install it to sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword because of the installer program but it shows up in the correct mods folder like all the others. I can't move the folder because it winds up in mods folder which is technically the right one.
But there has to be a conflict there.

Okay to make the situation more confusing just tried Vd installer with leaderheads. You use same installer program can't change destination folder but no problems loaded up no problems and hardly any slowdown.

Ok, about the installer, I think it's the way it should display the dir, I mean it would display CivBts folder (without Mods), so this seems ok.

But the part where the mod is functioning for some time then it would not start up is very-very strange.

What happens if you uninstall, and then reinstall the mod?

Well I did the uninstall, and reinstall but no good. If you remember some of my first posts a few days ago before you released 2.0 I was having problems with 1.1. I copied the Vd files over and then I couldn't run the mod, but without the vd files it would load up. Thats when I first saw the missing rev.ini file.

Always ctd during the initxml (uncached) part of loadup. Almost like it can't find next part to load or its searching for a file.

Gonna search Steam forums errors or conflicts. Hope you have better luck than me.

Hey Avain,

I can only install it to sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword because of the installer program but it shows up in the correct mods folder like all the others. I can't move the folder because it winds up in mods folder which is technically the right one.
But there has to be a conflict there.
No, if you read the installer, it says "NameOfMod" will install in the mods directory of "BTSRegistryKeyFolder". It confirms it is installing to the right location by checking for the existance of the extension file found in the main bts folder (which is why it greys out if you cange the path, if it can't find the main BTS extension file, the installer knows the mod wol't work), and then installs to the mods directory found within, exactly as it says in the installation. Anyway not sure what your issue is (have you manually installed the patch? The automatic updator for BTS fails and often lies to users saying the game is patched when it's not, you must manually patch to 3.17 to be sure), but just wanted to clarify the behavior you have noticed for the installer.

Always ctd during the initxml (uncached) part of loadup. Almost like it can't find next part to load or its searching for a file.

Gonna search Steam forums errors or conflicts. Hope you have better luck than me.

Every time I have seen this behavior reported, it was caused by not manually installing the 3.17 patch, and a good percentage of those times the user had used the automatic updator and the game was lying and saying it was 3.17, when it actually had not patched correctly :crazyeye:

BtS 3.17 manual install patch

I just find it weird that all the other mods that I extract into mods folder works fine only having problems with QC.

Thank you for the help I will try that now.

By the way phungus420 having fun with Lor as well keep up great work.

So tried to install patch says I don't have bts installed. Fyi I have Steam complete version which definitely has been patched. I think I will be satisfied with everything else that works fine. I just hate not being able to get it to work. I have no problems at all with game accept this mod everything else works fine so I can be happy with that until I find a real fix to problem.

Hey Avain,

Went over to the support threads on this site and got some help from Ori it actually was a simple fix. He had me clear Civ4 cache and change the civ.ini to enable logging. He was going to have me send him a crash log. But it never crashed again thanks to clearing the Civ4 cache by holding shift down on startup. This must have cleared some conflicting files because everything is great now playing QC ask I write this so WOOHOO!!!

Thank You for your patience and help the last couple of days. Keep up the great work!!!

Hey Avain,

Went over to the support threads on this site and got some help from Ori it actually was a simple fix. He had me clear Civ4 cache and change the civ.ini to enable logging. He was going to have me send him a crash log. But it never crashed again thanks to clearing the Civ4 cache by holding shift down on startup. This must have cleared some conflicting files because everything is great now playing QC ask I write this so WOOHOO!!!

Thank You for your patience and help the last couple of days. Keep up the great work!!!

Glad it's solved. (However the very first posts we exchanged were just about this solution;) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8103832&postcount=236 )

@phungus420: Thanks for the help, it can come up handy with other people having problems

Guys/girls,

I'm really interested in your opinion:
- how do you like the mod overall?
- do you feel there are features/units not balanced properly?
- any errors encountered?

Thanks!

I love your mod and there are no errors for the second question i ansewer "I don't know).

many thanks i think P1000 Ratte is welcome into German Civilization.

I love your mod and there are no errors for the second question i ansewer "I don't know).

many thanks i think P1000 Ratte is welcome into German Civilization.

Glad you like it, hope to hear from you about balance when you played some games

Can I use custom leaders or civilizations for VD with QC?

Yes, I was going to post about this one:
For the leaders to have proper text there is some small text merge needed, I already did it, but it's causing MAFs, so I'm working on it.

For new civs from VD it's really easy, I would say that you only need to copy them to the appropriate folder (let's say under modules), but due to WoC format you need to add them to MLF xml files, which controls which modules are loaded.
If you need more help, please say so!
(I'll most probably try to ease the install of these components for you, but if you are impatient, the upper method is working and is easy enough)

Glad you like it, hope to hear from you about balance when you played some games

As you wish, Sir. I have pleased by your mod but..... I have ay enough

Ok, here's an early teaser to help you give feedback;)
It features a new Fusion Carrier and the new Leviathan class battleship

Attachments

• QC_teaser.jpg
    QC_teaser.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom