Quot Capita

When I've loaded the game, the initial units (scout or warrior + settler) show up as red bubbles. The settler won't settle either...

When I've loaded the game, the initial units (scout or warrior + settler) show up as red bubbles. The settler won't settle either...

You are missing the MediaPack! Please download and install it.

Also, I intend to revisit QC as soon as I update VD and MEE to 4.1.
There's new version of BUG, Dale's Combat Mod, etc, and the new 3.17 patch is giving me great hopes to increase stability! Stay tuned!;)

I'm having the missing interface problem as well, running Complete Edition. Is the mod incompatible with Complete?

Great news for me:goodjob:

Can add another civilizations add-on from Varietas Delectat ?

Great news for me:goodjob:

Can add another civilizations add-on from Varietas Delectat ?

Yes, I will continue with those.
I already added the Leaders of Varietas Delectat, but it seems that (at least for my PC) it's too much(additional 300+Mbs FPK), end game would cause MAF more frequently vs. now it's managable even with Large maps.
I'm thinking on optional add-ons.

I have to report that I was experimenting with adding Leaders of VD (almost 50 LHs), and it causes heavy MAFs even in mid-late games with a 512Mb graph. card!
Once I removed the Leaderheads, it got under control, but I would like to have those quality leaderheads in the game, but most of those are not optimized a bit.
With one LH, it's not a problem. With 50, it's game killing.
I will most probably check through them, see what LHs are good, what I can salvage, and maybe reduce their number.

I'm also working heavily on optimizing Varietas Delectat.

Please report on games you play with Quot Capita, I've run quite a few autoplay games, and it was very stable (well, stable as the original game)

Just wanted to say that v2.0 is coming along nicely. It'll feature a Next War Extended edition (it'll be easily toggleable on/off)

Attachments

• QCv20.jpg
    QCv20.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 386
looks nice, i hope you will be able to add a few leaderheads too :)

looks nice, i hope you will be able to add a few leaderheads too :)

I'll be working on it, I just want to limit the MAFs (Memory Allocation Errors) that are caused by too much art added

Hey avain,

Was enjoying your mod for couple of days now can't seem to get it up and running again. I can only load in mod before copying VD files. If I copy them over and load as full it crashes at the init. xml (uncached) part of loading. I'm also getting an error at the revolutions popup screen right as you start new map. It says i'm missing revolution.ini file and points me to a folder that I don't have and my settlers have red balls around them. I realize that this might be from not copying the Vd files over but like I said can't get it to load with them.

I have the full steam version of civ4 all expansions and patched to 3.17.

Just wondering if you might know how to clear cache for civ4 can't locate cache folder anywhere any ideas? I was hoping it might help with the loading.

I am a little confused because I seem to be able to load other large modpacks no problems. I currently have Loc, Rom, Wol, etc they seem to load fine.

Hey avain,

Was enjoying your mod for couple of days now can't seem to get it up and running again. I can only load in mod before copying VD files. If I copy them over and load as full it crashes at the init. xml (uncached) part of loading. I'm also getting an error at the revolutions popup screen right as you start new map. It says i'm missing revolution.ini file and points me to a folder that I don't have and my settlers have red balls around them. I realize that this might be from not copying the Vd files over but like I said can't get it to load with them.

I have the full steam version of civ4 all expansions and patched to 3.17.

Just wondering if you might know how to clear cache for civ4 can't locate cache folder anywhere any ideas? I was hoping it might help with the loading.

I am a little confused because I seem to be able to load other large modpacks no problems. I currently have Loc, Rom, Wol, etc they seem to load fine.

So was it working before at all?
Does anyone else has this problem, or problem with missing revolution.ini file?
I will give a look at these issues, because I'm nearing v2.0 and want to iron out as many problems as possible. Please keep reporting!

As for how to clear the cache -> I think you should hold down the Shift key (or Alt or Ctrl, cannot remember), while loading the game/mod.

Hey avain,

Yes was working fine before but the revolution.ini popup was happening on startup all the time. After clicking it off then then normal rev screen is still there telling me what options are loaded on start. Other than that it seems to be okay. My problem only occurs if I copy the VD files over then can't get pass initxml load screen then crash. Still trying different things cause I had the whole thing working at first.

Sorry I don't have more info but will report back.

Hello,

I tried to play your mod for curiosity sake.

I installed it exactly as the first post instructions said. Extracted the mod to my BtS mod directory, downloaded VD mod and installed it. Copy over the files you said I needed from VD to your mod. Uninstalled the VD mod. Made a shortcut for your mod. Clicked on it and nothing happened. I even manually went into regular BtS, Advanced, Load a Mod, your mod, then OK. After that, I waited for like 15 min. and nothing happened at all.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Top Bottom