1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. avain

avain (key)

I'll check if that's the case.

I'm happy to hear!

2. avain

avain (key)

We have reached a simultaneous agreement on this topic;)
    It's under investigation.
    If added:
    - it will be available very late in the game
    - it would require a significant amout of effort even to terraform 1 (a single) tile
    - it would be like a hidden bonus for those perfectionist types who'd like to see their empire spot-on, and won't mind the extra effort/costs to do so

So basically you'll have at least some means to counter a global warming, or to change that annoying desert tile in the fat cross of your fave city. But no more than that.

As I wrote earlier, I'll check the issue.

Again, a feature that could cause balance issues. This is again something I'd like to add as a 'bonus feature' that would not unbalance things. I'm in the beginning of thinking about it, but one idea is that I'd connect it in some way to the Apostolic Palace/the chair/pope.

Even small things can be overpowered. Some would argue that even now waging war is overpowered (in a way), since it gets you new cities and takes away cities from your opponent. Now giving more incentive than that should be investigated...

Yeah, I should try it sometime.

Thanks for the comments!

3. avain

avain (key)

BTW, I checked the map script of World Piece and I think I like it. It's actually very easy to add, so it'll be included in the next version.

4. avain

avain (key)

Ok, I managed to integrate Enhanced Tech Conquest v0.6, but I'll probably leave MAD Nukes out.

And... Dale's Combat mod v1.3 is out, so I'm onto integrating it.

5. RPG

RPG King

I love progress. ;)

Looking forward to the next update!

6. RPG

RPG King

Avain, are you going to use one of Dale's alternate DLLs?

7. avain

avain (key)

(I will only use the source files he provided, I cannot use a dll itself since I need to merge c++ files...) but to the main point of your question:
    - yes, I could also increase the max number of civs in my dll.

8. Dale

Dale Deity

The only difference between my source code and the alternate DCM dlls is the civ limit. Since it's a single change there's no point providing code for it. :)

9. avain

avain (key)

Agreed! And I also saw your post about the single value change needed, so thanks!

10. avain

avain (key)

And, coincidentaly, it's causing me the most troubles while integrating:lol:

11. Echo of Celts

Echo of Celts Just Plain Crazy

Actually I was thinking about that too. I havent started attempting to integrate DCM 1.3 into my modpack yet, but with AIAutoPlay already in Revolutions I can see conflicts already.

This mod is actually VERY similar to VDRN... except with a Modern Warfare Mod and BUG.

Because of the Similarities I am even considering taking VDRN in a different direction :).

I want influence Driven War in but I am holding off on BUG for now.

Over all, very nice mod Avain. I see what you mean by similar now. If you had released this a week ago it could have saved me a ton of effort :)

12. Echo of Celts

Echo of Celts Just Plain Crazy

Actually Avain, if you made an optional Revolution Component and Regiments Component i would just play yours instead lol

I could provide Regiments, I have it as a drag and drop module with scale tweaks to make it look proper with VD

13. avain

avain (key)

beta 2 released
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It has now Dale's Combat Mod v1.3 and Enhanced Tech Conquest v0.6 integrated.

Screenshots added.

Check the first post;)

14. avain

avain (key)

Yes, I'm feeling the same way;)

Sorry, I have to go now, but tomorrow I'll reply.

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Should read: "quot capita, quot sententiae", from caput/capita (Lat., literally head, confer Haupt in German) and sententia/sententiae (sententie could be medieval Latin, though).

Sorry for nitpicking!:mischief:

16. avain

avain (key)

Yes, you are right! Thanks!;)

17. avain

avain (key)

It can be resolved, but you've got to be carefull. It's using the same names at different places. What I did was that I preserved the AIAutoPlay from Revolutions mod - after a couple of failed compiles;) Also, watch out for python and screens...

I'd like to see VDRN grow. I never tried Revolutions mod, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Yeah, yeah, oh yeah;)

I'll think on that. But you should certainly provide a module of Regiments!!!

Thanks!

18. avain

avain (key)

Some info: it seems that when using World_Piece_Vanila map script(at least on Huge), after a while savegame gets corrupted(?). It's a mem. allocation error on subsequent loading(mem. leak?), I could reproduce the error(although quite random).
    So, please use the default map generators for the time being, I did not have (yet) problems with those.

19. avain

avain (key)

I don't know why, but it really seems to be an issue with World_Piece_Vanila . I experimented with Smartmap and it's ok.

20. avain

avain (key)

Ok, I integrated the Inquisition [BTS] v1.6 by bmarnz. In the next update I'll be interested to hear your opinion about this component!