Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.
That's good news! Looking forward to Beta 3!
This mod is amazing! I'm about half way through a game & having a lot of fun playing!
So far, all the new additions seem to be working just fine!
The AIAutoPlay in Revolutions uses that other python event manager (can't remember the name of it right now) whilst mine is into a standard event manager.
The SDK implementation should be very similar (almost identical) but the python implementation is completely different.
Thanks Dale, the SDK impl. is actually the same (only one really minor difference) - so one can choose to use custom interface or standard event manager.
I decided to re-check most of the integrations, and redo some of those manually again to increase stability.
I have achieved quite a stable core with all functionality except MEE and NextWar. But right now I'm facing some nasty problems when adding MEE to this core. Guess I have to dive deep into debugging now (amazingly or not, CTD happens only after reloading, and only in 2/3 of cases of the same save- but then even after pressing ESC to bring up the menu...)
I'm beta testing avain , playing HRE at marathon speed. Will keep you posted.
BTW, why is 'stack attack' disabled in the mod as you download it ? Surely it's one of the main features of this modpack.
It's disabled because it contradicts Influence Driven War. But you can enable it again, but Influence Driven War will behave ... badly.
I'm really happy now ... NOT.
With the new beta I'm having a loadgame issue, which I think is an initialization issue(?)
If someone with some expertise with modding reads this(or someone who has some (well, ANY) idea), please help:
- Ok, when loading a savegame (even a Turn 1 savegame), it loads ok 100%. It seems to play ok. Then after hitting ESC, or hitting next turn it crashes most of the time. (Now comes the tricky part. If it does not crash, it plays ok seemingly infinitely (tried it with Autoplay).) But it usually crashes with ESC.
- Aaaand... I start a new game. On turn 1 I try and load the above mentioned crashing savegame. In 99% of the cases, it does not crash again. It plays ok. I can save the game. I can load the game. It is as if its in an 'ok' state somehow...
- Aaaand ... if I try to load it directly after restarting Civ, it crashes again (not 100%, but after it crashes, it starts to crash consistently). It can be reloaded aftere a new game start and loading the old save.
- Do you think its related to some initializations?
- Do you think its related to Modular Loading?
- ANY idea?
Thank you if you read this.
V.D.R.N. is having game loading problems as well. The problem may be linked to something common with both mods.. since at the base they are so similar.
Do all the mods your derive from work correctly on their own, or do you simply inherit a problem that exists in one of them ?
I have actually rebuilt the V.D.R.N. with Revolution, Next War, Lt.Bob Global Warming, VD, Influence Driven War and Regiments.
I have played through a game so far to the medieval era and have loaded and reloaded the game multiple times with no problems. This lends me to believe the problem lies in merging D.C.M.
I am going to try and merge C.A.S.A. stand alone mod and see how that works. But Avain says C.A.S.A. and influence driven war do not work very well together, so we will see.
I'd assume they work well on their own. I'll today test the version I rebuilt (it's all the mods from the first post minus MEE for VD and NextWar), and check the situation. Currently it seems that adding MEE to the pack causes loading errors - although I assume it's somehow connected to modular loading(?).
I did a lot of tests with the new version with MEE added, and the loading bug is there. Although with the start new game -> load old game trick the old save can be continued without problems... This frustrates me to no end...
But I will continue the testing...
What I experienced is that when CASA is on, Infl.Driven War seems to kick-in only randomly/not at all. If I turn CASA off, Infl. Driven War works as advertised.
I'd be very much interested in your further discoveries!
Ok, to anyone interested:
I re-merged a mod containing:
- BUG 2.20 by Alerum68, Cammagno, EmperorFool, NikNaks93, ruff_hi (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
- Bhruic's Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch v1.11 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=246057)
- Dale's Combat Mod v1.3 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168966)
- Influence Driven War v1.1 by Moctezuma (original mod for info: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=188007)
- Enhanced Tech Conquest v0.6 by Grave and Jeckel (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245593)
- ActualQuotes v4.00 by Willowmound (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234288)
- AIAutoPlay 1.41 by jdog5000 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171127)
- Varietas Delectat v3.3 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237192)
It's 'quite' stable. I say quite because:
- no errors on loading (Well, the only loading error is that sometimes when trying to load a different game from a well established one it CTD. But upon restart loading this other game is ok.)
- managed to autoplay a Marathon Huge map 10+ civ session 1100+ turns without error (and several smaller sessions) (I'd lie if I said that I did not see a CTD, there was one during several tries, failed to reproduce)
...edit: just had a 3 civ Marathon, 1300+ turns without problems.
I wasn't able to finish the game I started, it too crashed while loading the saved game. I'll try the next version & see what happens.
If adding the MEE & Next War modules are causing issues, have you considered adding them in the good old fashioned way? It may not be an ideal solution but it should work.
Yes, that's probably what I'll try next.
BETA 3 uploaded with reduced content, but should be more stable
another test tonight with beta3
Huge map, 10+ civs, Marathon
(auto)played 850+ turns without problems
It's seems I can build on this core now.
To anyone (beta) testing this mod: Did you try beta 3? Did you have issues with it?
I still haven't been able to load a saved game.
Separate names with a comma.