Quot Capita

@ Avain

When playing yesterday, I was able to train machine guns without rifling researched. And I though it has no logic to have machine guns without knowing to build rifles first. Its just observation, I don't know if you intended this to be like that. So everyone had musketeers and i had a nice defence of machine guns on all of my border cities...

Just checked vanilla BtS and it's the same: machine guns require only Railroads. I agree it's funny, but I guess they did it because of balance issues.

Prototyping will give you an ICBM and Tatical Nuke prior to building the Manhattan Project. You can also build either of them with out someone building the Manhattan Project first.

I'll correct prototyping to not give those.
Are you sure about ICBM and Tatical Nuke does not require a Manhattan Project? It's now a National Wonder BTW, not a project!

Hi,

I have been a fan of your mods for a long time (when it was still called keymod something). I don't usually post here, but I found a bug and besides it's about time I thanked you for keeping civilization interesting for me for years.

So a deep bow to you. :worship:

And now for the complaining: :smug:

When the option choose religions is checked I sometimes get two religions (one is chosen for me and then the menu appears which asks me to choose one).

Hi,

I have been a fan of your mods for a long time (when it was still called keymod something). I don't usually post here, but I found a bug and besides it's about time I thanked you for keeping civilization interesting for me for years.

So a deep bow to you. :worship:

And now for the complaining: :smug:

When the option choose religions is checked I sometimes get two religions (one is chosen for me and then the menu appears which asks me to choose one).

Thanks!
About the bug: yes, unfortunately Choose Religion is bugged (from RevDCM). Until it is corrected I suggest not using that option (I know, I'd like to play with that option on, too - so if it's not corrected in RevDCM, I'll try to correct it myself)

The Manhattan Project is not listed as being compleated by any civ, either as a project or National Wonder. I havent opened the editor to look in all the cities but it doesnt look like anyone has built it yet and I can make ICBMs and Tactical Nukes.

Thanks!
About the bug: yes, unfortunately Choose Religion is bugged (from RevDCM). Until it is corrected I suggest not using that option (I know, I'd like to play with that option on, too - so if it's not corrected in RevDCM, I'll try to correct it myself)

Hi Avain

Mate, it actually looks as if the interface options for configuring RevDCM are the issue. When using the ingame menus (Ctrl-Alt-O), several options (I've tested and verified against IDW and Super Spies) will continue to work even if they're turned off, the game saved and restarted. The only way to turn these options off is to turn them off in CivAltDefines.... just thought you should know. ;)

Standard size earth map (84x52) for the Quot Capita Mod finished! Download and description HERE.
(As usually I am posting the file also here until the upload is approved by the mods)

Enjoy! ;)

Attachments

• Ron's Standard Earth QC.rar
    17.3 KB · Views: 88
Hi Avain

Mate, it actually looks as if the interface options for configuring RevDCM are the issue. When using the ingame menus (Ctrl-Alt-O), several options (I've tested and verified against IDW and Super Spies) will continue to work even if they're turned off, the game saved and restarted. The only way to turn these options off is to turn them off in CivAltDefines.... just thought you should know. ;)

Yes, thanks, that is a known issue in current RevDCM. I'm really hoping they'll correct it ASAP, but if not, I'll need to try and correct it myself. (as an intermediate solution, I've already pre-set the CivAltDefines to my preferred defaults)

Standard size earth map (84x52) for the Quot Capita Mod finished! Download and description HERE.
(As usually I am posting the file also here until the upload is approved by the mods)

Enjoy! ;)

Excellent, keep 'em comin'! :goodjob:

Sorry for bothering you again, but I would love to play your Mod without Next War. I am just not a fan of that Mech stuff.

Removing the module and the extra promotions works but destabilizes the game.

Any help, please?

Sorry for bothering you again, but I would love to play your Mod without Next War. I am just not a fan of that Mech stuff.

Removing the module and the extra promotions works but destabilizes the game.

Any help, please?

Hi,

try setting Next War to 0 and promotions to 0 in MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. Even better, leave only the trench promotion, delete the others, and leave promotions at 1.
The problem is that there is still some python referencing to Shielding types. If you know how, you can easily remove that part. If not, I'll check if I can do anything about it for the next version.

Hello, I just tried downloading the mod today to play with a friend online. The second the game loads (Both in single player and multiplayer) I am constantly bombarded repeatedly with this message
"BugOptions - failed writing ini file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Quot Capita\UserSettings\Autolog.ini"
It kinda jitters my game up, lagging it slightly and is extremely annoying...I don't know how to get it to stop or really even what it is. This happens every single time I try to play the mod, is there any support that can help me find a way around this? Thanks for the help!

Hello, I just tried downloading the mod today to play with a friend online. The second the game loads (Both in single player and multiplayer) I am constantly bombarded repeatedly with this message
"BugOptions - failed writing ini file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Quot Capita\UserSettings\Autolog.ini"
It kinda jitters my game up, lagging it slightly and is extremely annoying...I don't know how to get it to stop or really even what it is. This happens every single time I try to play the mod, is there any support that can help me find a way around this? Thanks for the help!

Hi,
you can either:
- turn off the autologging (there's should be a setting for it)
- enable writing to Autolog.ini

Thanks for the quick response! If you don't mind, could you tell me how to achieve that? I'm not quite tech savvy with Civ4 :/. I'm aware of some of the features of the bug menu from other mods, so I wouldn't mind having it so i'd rather not disable it. So how do you enable writing then? Thanks again!

Edit: Okay, I guess I figured it out. Just had to run it in administrator. Thanks for the help! Can't wait to enjoy your mod

Another thing I found with the autolog bug is that you have to check the shortcut/executable options for when you start the game. In newer versions of windows, there seems to be an option to "run as an administrator". If this is not checked off, it seems to stop programs from writing files (ie the autolog) and you will get the bug message. Check under the properties/compatability tabs of the icon you use to start the game.

I am just documenting a weird crash I get from simply loading this mod in BTS. I PC just shuts down.

This is in Windows XP. I am using an ATI video card, an HD 3650 which normally runs the game fine.

In the Events Viewer, I see the ATI software POWERPLAY feature, gives an error message about the video card overheading and shutting down the PC. Sometimes the shutdown comes immediately as I load the mod, other times it can go for hours of play before it simply stops. Usually though, it happens within a few minutes of play.

I did some searching and could not find anything on this forum about the ATI cards and Powerplay errors, so I wanted to put this here. If you know a quick fix, I would love to hear it, but I am not spending any more time troubleshooting this. What is weird is that I played this mod for weeks then all-of-a-sudden the errors occurred. Perhaps some Microsoft update changed a file, or my kids installed some driver that overwrote old files.

Ronyboss, great map so far, cant wait to see a huge one (or will a G.E.M. sized one work with this?). The only problem I noticed was all the AI civs starting units where flagged <explore>, even the warriors, so they ran all over the place and didnt defend them selves, thus 6 civs died in the first 15 turns. I just switched one unit in each city to <City Defense> and everything worked fine.

Ronyboss, great map so far, cant wait to see a huge one (or will a G.E.M. sized one work with this?). The only problem I noticed was all the AI civs starting units where flagged <explore>, even the warriors, so they ran all over the place and didnt defend them selves, thus 6 civs died in the first 15 turns. I just switched one unit in each city to <City Defense> and everything worked fine.

Wow, I am not sure if it's some bug on your side, I playtested the map plenty of times and something like this never happened to me. The issue may be somewhere in the new QC, I didnt install the newest Quot Capita yet, so I tested it in the older version, it may be something in it.

Some feedback from other players would be appreciated to find out if this is a general issue or just an accidental bug.

I didn't work on a huge map first, because for us with slower computers it would be unplayable, that's why I chose the smaller sizes first. However if there is demand, it is not such a big work, I could just take Rhyes earth map and include the new resources in it.

Thanks, but no change. Still crashes every few turns.

But thank you very much anyway. Looking forward to the next version.

Same here :sad:

Top Bottom