1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. NDCSPURS

NDCSPURS Chieftain

Is Pioneer Aviation supposed to be Modern Era? Seems like it should be Industrial Era or Sonar should be Modern Era aswell.

2. avain

avain (key)

Good catch! I'll correct this for the next patch.

3. marsfire

marsfire Chieftain

Playing QC 6.0 -- as UN president have passed diplomatic victory resolution by over 100+ votes. Yet no victory has occured after over a dozen turns.

How come???

4. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Do you have master victory enabled?

5. NDCSPURS

NDCSPURS Chieftain

Found another couple.

6. Angelscotboi

Angelscotboi Emperor

This along with Fall from Heaven 2 are my favourite Civ 4 mods (i used to play LoR but I found it to be too buggy and "less polished" than QC) and theres one thing I like about FfH2 that I wonder how hard would it be to implement in QC.

When you gain experience with a unit and you upgrade it in FfH2 subsequent upgrade icons replace prior upgrade icons on the line.
    For example you upgrade your warrior with Strength 1 and then Strength 2 instead of having both the Strength 1 and 2 icons appear on the unit the Strength 2 icon replaces the Strength 1 icon (with the bonuses still being present).

Im a bit OCD so it appeals to me cos its just tidier. I wonder if you might be able to do the same with with QC?

7. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

EmperorFool is thinking about this "Hiding (of) Implied Promotions" for BUG. See this post
    This is relevant because BUG is part of RevDCM, which is the core of QC.

8. marsfire

marsfire Chieftain

To Almighty df ---

Under F8 victory conditions screen "Mastery" is part of main heading. I assume this voids a diplomatic victory scenario. How do you turn on/off various victory modes? If I am playing under mastery conditions - when do I win?? Mastery scores are 353 me 95 for closest opponent.

9. os79

os79 Deity

In Mastery Victory, you are playing with ALL victories on. The game end either when you had conquered everyone before the game end (specific example, with Normal speed, 500 turns) or when the Normal speed turns (500) or any other speed's turns run out. Then you will see the scores and if you have highest score combining these victories, you win Mastery condition.

Avain, incidentally, you should check out A New Dawn expansion of Rise of Mankind because Afforess made a cool Mastery victory video :).

10. marsfire

marsfire Chieftain

Sorry confused -- on the i have enough points for a diplomatic victory -- passed the resolution
    -- why no victory screen

am i forced to play the 500 turns out before victory screen plays (assuming I don't kill everyone first)

Attached Files:

11. os79

os79 Deity

Righto, boy :). Notice it says you have 161 turns left. kill everyone else or hold on to the end :). Next game, don't check on Mastery in Custom Game if you don't like it :).

12. Ronyboss

Ronyboss Chieftain

My series of real world maps for the Quot Capita Mod will continue very soon - my creation of a Standard size earth map (84x52) is almost finished: continent shaping, terrain/hills/river placement done, currently I am placing resources (most continents done, Asia not yet). After chosing the civilizations I will do some playtesting and as soon as I am satisfied with the result, the map will be released. :)

If you are interested in playing Quot Capita on real world maps and missed my previous uploads, you can download them here:
    Tiny Europe Map for Quot Capita (52x32)
    Tiny Earth Map for Quot Capita (52x32)

I would like to ask those, who already played the game on my previous maps, to post feedbacks on the download pages, so I can update and improve them. Thank you ;)

13. Cambion

Cambion Chieftain

Hi

I seem to be unable to remove Next War from your Mod. Just removing the Module and the Extra Promotions technically works, but the game crashes every 5-10 minutes (completely random by the way)

Also the videos dont work. (I could probably look that one up but since I am asking anyway :))

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Wonderful Mod by the way!!!

14. Angelscotboi

Angelscotboi Emperor

Try reinstalling the plain mod?

Uninstall/Delete Quot Capita from ur mods folder then run the normal mods installer.

15. Cambion

Cambion Chieftain

Won't do, sorry.

The Mod runs fine with Next War. I like it to run without. (Video doesn't work either way.)

16. Roltel

Roltel Chieftain

First up, G'Day all (yeah, I'm an Aussie).

I'm a new poster (obviously), stumbled across the site a few weeks ago hunting up info on Civ 5 (as I guess a lot of us are hungry for), and have devoured a few mods here once I discovered them - in particular Quot Capita and Varietas Delectat.

Great work guys! I love them. They reflect so much of what I guess a lot of us must personally hunger to explore in Civ. I'm in awe of your abilities!

Well, I've loved them up to a point - I've had some technical issues in playing with them. I've been pointed here, have explored back a bit, but haven't come across the same issues I'm having (at least not for a while). I apologise in advance if my questions and comments are old hat, too basic or been asked many times before.

I've installed latest version Quot Capita and the VD Aussie, Polynesian and Leaders pack on a Windows 7 laptop (Toshiba Centrino, the same I always play BTS on), using the latest BTS patch, and found it plays well at first (indeed, beautifully, I simply fell in love with QC the first time I ran it) up to about the point of the mid-renaissance era, at a time soon after I've established contact with civs outside my home continent. Then the game quits in fatal error.

Sometimes I get a pop-up to suggest I reduce my graphics - and I've changed the screen res down - but doesn't seem to make any difference. It's done the same in both QC, and also VD standalone (which I'd tried out alone before).

If I save the game in time, then restart, it can chug on for a few more moves, but always ends up quitting again at some point. And eventually gets to a point where it quits in error as soon as I end a turn, every turn.

Any suggestions?

Also, I've recently got a spanking big iMac, but don't have Civ BTS (or any civ for that matter) in Mac format. Would QC or VD run on Mac? Would it work okay if I installed Windows on the Mac through BootCamp or in virtual mode, and ran Civ and QC/VD there? Again, any opinions or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Oh - and other specific bugs I've come up against:

QC - a few times I've started a game and after a few turns realised my capital is not producing any food. I've got farm tiles worked (and even had farms built) but no food increase at all. Like population/food is stuck at zero. This doesn;t happen all the time.
    Ditto native villagers - a few times just turned al,l of them empty of any loot/goodies/anything.

Apropos the main prob mentioned earlier - sometimes at about the time it starts to get unstables (usually after I've begun turn-by-turn saving and restarting, various graphic elements (units, movement paths etc) disappear off the screen (though I can still issue orders blindly). Seems to especially happen with naval units.

That's all I can think of for the moment anyway.

Thanks, I'm a senior and moderator on other forums. I know how pesky and annoying newbies can be at times. I hope I'm not asking the bleeding obvious. Thanks for your patience.

17. avain

avain (key)

G'Day Roltel. (man I like Aussie pronunciation!;) )

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the praise.
    About the issues you are having: you've just stumbled upon the most annoying thing present in Civ4 modding - the dreaded MAF or Memory Allocation Failure. It happens to almost all of us, and you can try and search for posts on CFC about trials on solving it. It of course depends on the capabilities of your PC/laptop (how much video memory/system memory you have), if you are using a 32bit OS or a 64bit one, etc.
    What I can suggest to you is to: reduce the graphics settings (turn of anti-aliasing, etc), use smaller maps with fewer civs, do not install addition LHs, civs. It sucks, I know. This is the reason I'm working so hard on (graphics and other) optimizations, to get as few of this hated MAF as possible.

About your capital not producing any food - please post a savegame so I can check it out.

I hope you can still enjoy the mod!

18. Roltel

Roltel Chieftain

Thanks avain - really appreciate your reply. Hmm, as always it seems it's better to have a bigger and more powerful beast of a PC. And I was just starting to love having an Aussie civ to play!

Next time I get the food prob I will post the save. Fingers crossed I won't have to though!

Cheers!

19. joebg

joebg Chieftain

@ Roltel

I am playing this mod on Widows 7 too, and I also had the annoying MAFs. Here in CivFanatics, I found this and its working for me like a charm. Click start and run the command "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" (without the quotes), then restart the computer. With this tweak, I play on large maps with more than 18 Civ or Huge maps, without any MAFs at all. My laptop specs are: AMD Turion 64 X2 2.2 Ghz, GF 8600M GT 512 MB and 2 gigs of ram.

@ Avain

When playing yesterday, I was able to train machine guns without rifling researched. And I though it has no logic to have machine guns without knowing to build rifles first. Its just observation, I don't know if you intended this to be like that. So everyone had musketeers and i had a nice defence of machine guns on all of my border cities...

20. vivictius

vivictius Prince

Prototyping will give you an ICBM and Tatical Nuke prior to building the Manhattan Project. You can also build either of them with out someone building the Manhattan Project first.