Quot Capita

Question: does anyone have a backup of 7.0/7.1 they can upload? I'm so tired of mods that start you off with 1000 years of cavemen and apparently there's no way around that in 8.0+

Well then try a different mod I suppose, this one is currently not worked on(as far as I know at least). Also you can change the starting era.

Should be able to find a non-caveman-centric, but alot of players including myself enjoy the 'prehistoric' games.

A few off the top of my head are:Realism Invictus(close to history) ,Fall from Heaven(high fantasy) ,Orion's Grand Inquisition(alot of original ideas) ,Vincentz Infinite Productions(more original ideas) ,Planetfall(futuristic civ based off Alpha Centari) , Conflict on Chiron(Based off of Planetfall with original ideas).

happy civing :cheers:

If I recall correctly, change starting era is broken in this version of QC (as well as in quite a few other mods that include the prehistoric era, caveman2cosmos for instance). The fact that QC isn't being worked on isn't the point, I just want to know if anyone has the old version and would be willing to upload it.

Here is some news for people who liked this mod.

I've decided to pick up where Avain left off. I've learned basic XML, and how they work and relate within BTS threw trial and error. After some time I've arrived at a point where I'm(almost) ready to share with the community.

Here is what I have so far:

New Additions:

From the get-go two of my favorate mods were Quot Capita and the Extra mod by Chiyu. One thing I wanted to do was combine them in some fashion, and my work with this is the result.

-New Civics, including a new civic catagory, have been added. All these new civics are from the Extra Mod.

-A number of new civilizations have been added, credit for these must go to the Civgold team as well as Dumanios and others. This was the first thing I added, as being modular there was nothing really for me to have to learn.

-New Units: The Heavy Swordsman, Corsair, Cog, ManoWar and Objective Force Warrior are examples of afew of the new units I have added(there are afew more). I focused mainly on the Ancient to Medieval eras with additions, as I felt that time period could use more.

-New Techs: I've added Piracy(credit goes to Orion for this one), Chivalry, Crop Rotation, Improved Formations and an Arqeology tech(Spelling I know).

-New Religions: Kemetism, Asatru, Hellenism, Zoroastrianism and Mesoamericanism have been added. These new religions have none of the usual religious buildings or missionaries. Instead they spread without them. Each also has unique religious wonders in addition to the usual shrine. I felt this was a good move, as most ancient religions did not spread by missionaries.

Things left to do: I have new soundtrack i have prepared. Currently having an issue with music playing in the game however, with the middle ages onward. I do not know why this is happening.

Spoiler :
Here is some news for people who liked this mod.

I've decided to pick up where Avain left off. I've learned basic XML, and how they work and relate within BTS threw trial and error. After some time I've arrived at a point where I'm(almost) ready to share with the community.

Here is what I have so far:

New Additions:

From the get-go two of my favorate mods were Quot Capita and the Extra mod by Chiyu. One thing I wanted to do was combine them in some fashion, and my work with this is the result.

-New Civics, including a new civic catagory, have been added. All these new civics are from the Extra Mod.

-A number of new civilizations have been added, credit for these must go to the Civgold team as well as Dumanios and others. This was the first thing I added, as being modular there was nothing really for me to have to learn.

-New Units: The Heavy Swordsman, Corsair, Cog, ManoWar and Objective Force Warrior are examples of afew of the new units I have added(there are afew more). I focused mainly on the Ancient to Medieval eras with additions, as I felt that time period could use more.

-New Techs: I've added Piracy(credit goes to Orion for this one), Chivalry, Crop Rotation, Improved Formations and an Arqeology tech(Spelling I know).

-New Religions: Kemetism, Asatru, Hellenism, Zoroastrianism and Mesoamericanism have been added. These new religions have none of the usual religious buildings or missionaries. Instead they spread without them. Each also has unique religious wonders in addition to the usual shrine. I felt this was a good move, as most ancient religions did not spread by missionaries.

Things left to do: I have new soundtrack i have prepared. Currently having an issue with music playing in the game however, with the middle ages onward. I do not know why this is happening.

Great to hear mate, good luck with getting going...played this a bit a while back.

Great to hear!
Quot Capita was one of my favourite mods!
Such a shame avain left civ modding :/

Hey,

I just discovered this mod and I am really liking it. I have been playing Civ 4 off and on for years and have played on a number of mods during the time. Started off with the Thomas Mod, then to History Rewritten, and now this one.

I toy with XML as well, creating a number of mods myself, but this one truly stands out. Now looking at its roots, it appears that not much has happened to it in years. That's a bummer, but at least I did find it.

To all those who created it, bravo. For those that might try and update it in the future, I hope the best for you.

Thanks!

Tonight we tried to play multiplayer, but ran into endless OOS errors. Even when I used Pitboss, the OOS errors returned every two or three turns.

I so wanted this to work because it looks like a fantastic game and my friends and I wanted to get deep into the game.

We are going to try once more on a LAN rather than over the web the next time we get together but I have a fear that it won't work.

:cry::cry:

Was thinking of trying to go back to the last known Quot Capita to see if it is any better with less OOS, so I am curious how much have you changed?

Seems like the original is 485 megs and Majesty is 1.4 gigabytes, so it looks like you must have added a ton of stuff.

Thanks

I did..lots of unit graphics, civilizations etc. It would be less big if I knew how to use FPK files :eek:

The last version Avain made contained the update with the Prehistoric Era, I believe the versions before that were multiplayer capable, I remember playing one of the old versions with my brother a couple years back actually.

I did..lots of unit graphics, civilizations etc. It would be less big if I knew how to use FPK files :eek:

Pretty easy if you have the right software tool. I got it to work when I worked on my mods and it helped clean up some of the excessive models and art.

Most things that I read says you can just unpack each FPK. Merge the folder structures and just leave them at way -- no need to repack.

get the Pakbuild file here: http://apolyton.net/local_links.php?catid=313&linkid=4909

Select the PAK and unpack it to your desktop (at least that's what I do). Then have fun looking through all the art and models. Integrate that back into your mod under the Art folder and you should be good -- test of course.

Paking does not reduce the size of the file.
It just makes loading faster.

Top Bottom