Radio free Europe achievement?

Jacozilla

Warlord
Trying to get this - label says adopt Freedom, and fill 10 broadcast towers with great works.

Only item iirc that can go in broadcast towers are great works of music, so I have Freedom ideology in current game as france, and filled 10 of my cities - all non-puppets just to be sure - with music and no achievement.

Anyone do this and provide any hints/help?

I took music items out of my opera houses and world wonders to come up with the 10 I needed. The label didnt say but does it have to be all same civ music or something crazy like that?

Achievements in this game have always been wacky. I got an achievement the other day for having a harbor, Petra, Caravansary, and Colossus in the same city the other day (Greed is Good?). Well guess what, it wasn't my city. It was some AI's capital, halfway across the world.

edit: And I should note just to clarify, it is still (and has always been) under that AIs control, I've never owned this city through conquest.

nope, any kind of great work of music should do the trick. so if you have 10 filled broadcast towers and adopted freedom, the achievement should unlock (unless your are running any mods or are somehow offline at the time, ofc). maybe you have to press next turn, but iirc for me it unlocked directly when i put the last great work in a tower.

I just got this achievement a few days ago.

I was Portugal and adopted freedom. Only requirements are that you have 10 or more cities, each with a broadcast tower and each of those with a great work of music in it.

The achievement was a bit delayed though. I got the achievement of the start of my next turn, instead of instantly when I put them all in which is more common.

I was Portugal and adopted freedom. Only requirements are that you have 10 or more cities, each with a broadcast tower and each of those with a great work of music in it.

The achievement was a bit delayed though. I got the achievement of the start of my next turn, instead of instantly when I put them all in which is more common.

Thanks! This did it. Had to place, hit next turn and then got achievement popup at beginning of new turn.

So weird how there's so many exceptions to how an achievement will trigger. If there's ever a Jeopardy category on 'Civ 5', I'd watch that. Think answers would be harder than the usual English Lit category :)

The first time I played the game, I was playing as Portugal, I thought that would be the easiest to get. However, to my surprise, I found it much better to go tall, rather than wide, as Portugal.

There aren't many civs where it's better to go wide than tall any more...

Achievements in this game have always been wacky. I got an achievement the other day for having a harbor, Petra, Caravansary, and Colossus in the same city the other day (Greed is Good?). Well guess what, it wasn't my city. It was some AI's capital, halfway across the world.

edit: And I should note just to clarify, it is still (and has always been) under that AIs control, I've never owned this city through conquest.

Yup. Wacky as hell. A long time ago I got the 'world is round' one (where you complete a loop around the map even though I was landlocked, and I just recently won a game as India and didn't receive the achievement for it...

Top Bottom