Raffle: Win a copy of PocketCiv! (Raffle is over)

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

As you know, we like a game called "Civilization". Sometimes we also like some other games, but even better if they also have a "civ" in it! Recently we stumbled upon the game "PocketCiv", thanks to their Twitter account. As you can guess from the title, it's a neat and small civ-like game, staying more in the ancient setting and based on the boardgame of the same name. It's overall not as big as our beloved Civilization, but more focused. It's a pocket version, if you like ;).
BMCGames, the devs of PocketCiv, noticed that we noticed them, so they came over to CFC and offered us a few keys to hand out to our members.

We are therefore doing a small raffle, but you need to tell us one thing:
We now that you like adding things to Civ, like more nations, leaders, wonders, etc. Now tell us one thing, which you would like to have less of in Civ, and win one out of 3 copies of PocketCiv.
The raffle runs for 7 days, afterwards the winners will be determined by a random roll.

Please note that the game is in early access and might still change. Please also note that the guys bribed us with a few steam keys for the CFC staff too.

I'm a builder at heart; I love to found cities, improve resources, build roads, and construct buildings. I especially love the victory conditions where I need to plan and *build* something. What I want to reduce, to have less of, is global warming and pollution -- environmental factors that slow down my building.

Now tell us one thing, which you would like to have less of in Civ
  • Load time
  • Bugs
  • Inaccuracies
If I can name only one, just roll the dice :lol:

excess of Inside city screen micromanagement.

if there was something like in C-evo where you can create up to "4 sets" of what the cities will look like (industrial, metropolis, scientific, commercial types), so you kind of put together a list of buildings and priorities for resource production and the AI itself, already assigns the order of constructions and tiles to be worked on according to what the "set" directs. I think with something like this there could be an interesting simplification for a board/simplified civ look like game.

Now tell us one thing, which you would like to have less of in Civ, and win one out of 3 copies of PocketCiv.

Might be a weird thing, but I would like to see less of the "large models". I love how you can see the whole world in Civ, but I hate how cluttered the game becomes in Civ VI. I would love it if models on tiles were smaller, so you could have a cleaner screen. The farm, for example, is extremely easy on the eyes, but the wind turbines are not.

I would love to see the whole models in civ scaled down, both units, cities, districts and improvements, so that each improvement has more space on its tile.

AI.
I want smarter AI. I know it's possible because volunteers from the Vox Populi mod made it pretty much happen.
I stopped playing Civ6 because the AI does stupid things. And I feel bad about it because Civ6 is in every way better than Civ5.

I wish Civ had less historical determinism: The players progress technologically and culturally in a fairly steady fashion, without any of the catastrophic regressions and disruptions that have characterized actual history. Knowledge cannot be lost, and infrastructure is far too durable, which means that nothing like the Bronze Age Collapse or the fall of the western Roman empire can occur, nor do players see advanced and prosperous empires being conquered by upstart nomads. Conversely, Civ doesn't simulate the stagnancy that can befall a vast and peaceful empire; eurekas are a step in the right direction, but overall necessity is not the mother of invention in Civ. Technological progress is represented through an anachronistic research-and-development model, which is mechanically straightforward but also fairly uninteresting; the tech tree makes for gameplay which is rather more homogeneous than it needs to be

- Load time
- Less civics/policies
- Bugs

As you know, we like a game called "Civilization". Sometimes we also like some other games, but even better if they also have a "civ" in it! Recently we stumbled upon the game "PocketCiv", thanks to their Twitter account. As you can guess from the title, it's a neat and small civ-like game, staying more in the ancient setting and based on the boardgame of the same name. It's overall not as big as our beloved Civilization, but more focused. It's a pocket version, if you like ;).
BMCGames, the devs of PocketCiv, noticed that we noticed them, so they came over to CFC and offered us a few keys to hand out to our members.

We are therefore doing a small raffle, but you need to tell us one thing:
We now that you like adding things to Civ, like more nations, leaders, wonders, etc. Now tell us one thing, which you would like to have less of in Civ, and win one out of 3 copies of PocketCiv.
The raffle runs for 7 days, afterwards the winners will be determined by a random roll.

Please note that the game is in early access and might still change. Please also note that the guys bribed us with a few steam keys for the CFC staff too.
So, is this like a, "Call to Power," type thematic homage game?

I'd like to see fewer mini-games in future Civ iterations. By "mini-games" I mean small systems like espionage, archaeology, Great Works of Art, and National Parks that are only tangentially related to the main mechanics of empire-building. These systems have comparatively little interaction with the other systems in the game, and they bog down the late game needlessly. For the most part, you can ignore them safely unless you're aiming for a culture victory or trying to stop someone else's space race campaign, so the game might be better off without them.

I would like to see less fantasy-related content, and I mean not only vampires, Bermuda triangles and zombies, but also Immortal leaders and governors. Let each civ have its traits, but please, do not let it be ruled by a person who can live 6000 years.

So, is this like a, "Call to Power," type thematic homage game?
Yes I suppose so! The game definitely takes thematic inspiration from Civilization and other 4X games, and borrows some mechanics as well...but in a much more condensed form :)

Less of a lot.

I love the civ games. I started back in the day with c-evo.

But as a father with less free time, I start to look for faster strategy, like polytopia.

If you only have half an hour, its frustrating when you cant do much.

Thanks for the input guys :D. All responses will be taken into account :).

AI.
I want smarter AI. I know it's possible because volunteers from the Vox Populi mod made it pretty much happen.
I stopped playing Civ6 because the AI does stupid things. And I feel bad about it because Civ6 is in every way better than Civ5.

Could you phrase it in a way to make it about "less" ;)?

Could you phrase it in a way to make it about "less" ;)?
Not sure if I can pick a word that's not rude :), because "less stupidity" or "less embarrassment" sounds offensive.

I could do with less spying! I just find it tedious to manage my spies. (Civ 5 mainly, I didn't play Civ 6 much and don't remember if it bothered me there too)

What I would remove is the whole agenda thing I guess unless if it's implemented for a better AI. I hardly used the agendas and when I did I would receive praise from other ai but it didn't make much difference in my game play.

Top Bottom