Random Rants LXVI: NO, **YOUR** THREAD TITLES SUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can discount my four graphic novels if it makes you feel better, but gamebooks absolutely count, even if their text is split up into discontinuous paragraphs. I only have 80 or so of those. :shifty:

Real books have spines.

:smug:
Most, at least modern-day books. I've got books that were folded over and stapled.

Well, I can discount my four graphic novels if it makes you feel better, but gamebooks absolutely count, even if their text is split up into discontinuous paragraphs. I only have 80 or so of those. :shifty:
BTW, I had a look around that Arion site and found some Maelstrom books I hadn't known existed. Only the first one ever made it over here.

See, I'm not a inveterate bibliophile for nothing. :p

TIL The Man In the High Castle is just Alternative Facts and the Nazis might have actually won WW2. Spooky.

I found a spider crawling through my hair like it was trying to set up shop.

Well, if you check again on Saturday and it's not there, it was clearly hair today and gone tomorrow.

I found a spider crawling through my hair like it was trying to set up shop.

That's why I keep my hair short. Hard for anything to nest in stubble. Get a haircut hippy!

Rant: Ugh, I have to write an employee review for one of the security guards. Thing is, our guards are contracted out through some security company and it's them who's asking for the review and since part of my job is supervising the security guards. So I have to write a review for some other company's employee because they can't be bothered to send one of their people out to conduct the review (which after some research I found out they do with their guards at other non-classified sites). I know why too. There is this whole process and a crap-ton of paperwork that they would have to do just to gain visitor access to the facility, and they don't want to do that.

Anyway, the problem is, there's not much to review. He's a security guard. He sits there and makes sure no one tries to get in that isn't supposed to and he emails me for anything that is outside the scope of his responsibility. So you'd think it would be an easy review right? I mean, he shows up on time, does his job, and as far as I know no one complains that he stinks or anything like that. So all I should have to write is a "hey, this guy does a good job, gold star for him!" right? Nope. His company sent me their form for employee reviews and there is a whole bunch of crap on it they want me to fill out. And it's not just check the box crap either; they want paragraphs for each section.

I'm seriously thinking about sending a reply saying if they want me to conduct this review, they need to put me on the payroll since I'm doing their job for them.

Maybe also say that the guy is doing a good job, and that they shouldn't bother you about it. You'd complain if he was bad.

Rant on my own: Managed to drop some relatively heavy stuff on the foot of one of my friends.
It seems the foot is okay, but in case it's not, then I'll spend the next 3 days driving her to Portugal (because that's her plan, and there's no way around it).
Fingers crossed...:/

That's why I keep my hair short. Hard for anything to nest in stubble. Get a haircut hippy!

Rant: Ugh, I have to write an employee review for one of the security guards. Thing is, our guards are contracted out through some security company and it's them who's asking for the review and since part of my job is supervising the security guards. So I have to write a review for some other company's employee because they can't be bothered to send one of their people out to conduct the review (which after some research I found out they do with their guards at other non-classified sites). I know why too. There is this whole process and a crap-ton of paperwork that they would have to do just to gain visitor access to the facility, and they don't want to do that.

Anyway, the problem is, there's not much to review. He's a security guard. He sits there and makes sure no one tries to get in that isn't supposed to and he emails me for anything that is outside the scope of his responsibility. So you'd think it would be an easy review right? I mean, he shows up on time, does his job, and as far as I know no one complains that he stinks or anything like that. So all I should have to write is a "hey, this guy does a good job, gold star for him!" right? Nope. His company sent me their form for employee reviews and there is a whole bunch of crap on it they want me to fill out. And it's not just check the box crap either; they want paragraphs for each section.

I'm seriously thinking about sending a reply saying if they want me to conduct this review, they need to put me on the payroll since I'm doing their job for them.

I agree with your stance. As far as I know, you aren't a writer or a philosopher. So they can't *expect* you to be keen on long reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom